[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: This is probably out of timeline, so put this in whereever it goes, DM.

Still getting used to the feeling of flying, Syl sees the lillypad in the distance. He draws closer and lands in the street beside the inn. He quickly steps into the building making sure that the grippli family and Aldino were all safely accounted for.

Assuming the group was safe, the witch quickly advises what had just happened with the lizard man thug. Making sure,the group was safe, he turns to fly back to the others.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Yes ... yes, of course I'll do what I can!" Nathan whispers to the air testily. He turns to Sekmun and adds his voice to the others.

"I'm not a fan of killing anyone who's actually surrendered," Nathan says. "And while clearly Kremuur's tendencies toward goodwill were motivated by self-preservation, they're still there. And he's already seen how easily Borric trounced him this time around. Knowing Borric really, really hates having to teach someone the same lesson twice, well, perhaps your kin can keep his nose cleaner if not pristine with this little life lesson.

"Of course, he only gets to take advantage of life lessons if you leave him alive. It would be a shame to waste Borric's teachable moment; he's rarely so generous with someone he thinks has earned the edge of his blade."

[sblock=ooc]Diplomacy Aid (1d20+8=18)[/url][/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Wand dropped at I14, Glitterdust (?)
In Hand: Sickle

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 4/5

Wand Charges: 43/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Apologies for the delay. A change in my work schedule this past weekend left me a bit short of time as I adjusted. Also, in case you didn't see it in the AFK thread I'll be taking a short vacation the 18th thru the 23rd. Looks like jkason will be gone a few days longer than that over roughly the same time.[/sblock]

Sylvain finds everything in order at the Lilypad. Dorummn and his brood are all there entertaining Aldino and they all look up eager for news as Sylvain enters. Hearing that everything has gone well they relax further.

---

Sekmun lets out a low rumbling sigh that sounds almost more like a growl. But he nods his acquiescence. "I should have known your sensibilities would not allow you to finish him off. Well, most of you anyway." He grins his lizardly grin at Borric. "Very well; Kremuur survives this day." Sekmun heads over to the gate where he pauses briefly.

It would seem that the group has accomplished what they came to do: retrieve their possessions, and in the process delivered a set-back to the local criminal scene.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric hold up a gauntlet encased hand to catch Sekmun's attention, "You ain't going to just leave him here to start back up again are you? The least you can do is take him into custody and put him to hard menial labor."

"Otherwise he will be extorting more money later in the day to start recovering his losses.
Then we got to start watching our backs when this bastard comes seeking revenge."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 45 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Inspire Courage (+1 Att/Dmg), Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Spiked Gauntlet/+1 Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sekmun laughs with a deep rumble in his throat.

"You didn't like my solution and now you object when I won't take on your problems?" He shakes his head. "Chains and forced labor is not the Grayscale way. His life is in your hands. It stopped being my concern when you used your words to win his life; dispose of it however you please."

Kremuur sits placidly on the sunning stone eyes downcast as he awaits the outcome of the discussion.

Songdragon

Explorer
She looks to Borric... "You did ask for his surrender..." She shrugs... "I thought we were to finish him off, but if surrender is offered and accepted, then the killing of unarmed folk is not my way."

"Sooo..." she looks to Kremuur, "Not only did we defeat you... we saved your scaly hide too... What is all that worth to you? What would you want, realistically of course?"

She lets her query sink in for a few moments as she continues, "I am quite able to spin some tales, sing a few songs, and let the word spread of how the feared Kremuur was beaten and saved by some lowly adventures... That would go over well in a place like this now, eh?" She flashes a smile.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric shrugs, "I guess I should be careful what I ask for, eh?"

"Alright, ya bastard
." The brash fighter turns to Kremuur.

"My mistake that my companions did not want you executed by Sekmun. Personally, I don't give a fook if he were to take you off in chains and kill ya later."

"Since you owe me your life, how do you plan to repay it? We cannot have you going back to your shady endeavors, but if you can be a legitimate business... lizard, then perhaps you can operate within the law and give us a percentage as repayment, plus a flat retainer per month even you are not profitable."

"I can designate a personal representative to collect and keep an eye on things. Should you decide to go back to extortion or prey on innocents and the young an' impressionable, then we comeback here and finish the job properly."

"That don't work, then we haul you off to be imprisoned or enslaved somewhere so we don't have to worry about you ever again. Pity I don't know some Northmen that need thralls to continually keep stirring the water well all year long to keep it from freezing over."

CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Inspire Courage (+1 Att/Dmg), Bless (+1 Att)

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kremuur looks up from the rock where he is bound. His gaze shifts from Borric to Zelena and back again and the lizardfolk seems confused. "You are sparing me?" He shakes his head quickly as if to dispel some unpleasant thought and doesn't question further his fortune in this matter but instead ponders the questions asked of him by the two adventurers.

"What do I want? How do I repay you? I'll toe whatever line you demand if it saves my life."

Sekmun, now at the gate and prepared to leave turns back and interrupts with a barking laugh. "You can't trust his promises but it just now occurs to me, my friends, that I can save you some trouble and benefit myself if I take over here. Yes, yes, I know what I just said but the possibilities in this situation hadn't quite revealed themselves to me yet. I take over Kremuur's business with the men I have outside: I get a profitable new business venture and you all rest assured that Kremuur stays on his leash. Don't worry, he'll live out the day and if he proves more useful than troublesome then he'll continue to live. I gain a small profit, weaken a rival, and you all don't have to deal with nasty entanglements here and are free to continue on with your business with the old man. Does that resolve your dilemma?"

Sekmun turns his attention to Zelena and graces her with his toothy smile. "A few well-placed rumors would do wonders to solidify my position here... if this solution is satisfactory to you."

GM: Congrats, jkason. Nathan's time xp pushed him to 6th level on May 25. I'll update the xp table in the first post asap.

Songdragon

Explorer
She nods at Kremuur, "Yes, you are going to live. I suppose will will figure out something to do with you."

She turns to Sekmun, "I guess the question I have, is what exactly is, or was, Kremuur's business that you would be taking over? While you seem to be on the up and up, Kremuur was basically terrorizing people." The gnome asks the lizard man.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric gives Kremuur a hard look with no pity, "Behave and you shall live, I suppose. Your fate is up to you."

The brash fighter appears to be mostly satisfied with Sekmun's interjection on the solution.

"Sure, the solution will work for me. I am assuming you have heard our objections to Kremuur's business practices and you are not planning to take up his extortion racket. I am less touchy about such things as the lass here, though."

"Our small take on the percentage should be fair, and we can be kept informed of the situation."

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases