[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun - Page 24




What's on your mind?

  1. #231
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691

    Ignore Gerald007
    My communities:

    Syl had never gotten completely used to Nathan and his 'posse,' it seemed crazy to him. But hey, he was the one who spoke to a scorpion...

    "I might buy those two scrolls, Nathan. But most of the time I seem to run in without even thinking about casting any defensive magic. Might do be a bit of good to have the option. I'd go ahead and sell that wand. I'd never use it enough time to make it profitable. I hope your friends are just as effective as your wand, though..."

    OOC: I'll buy the scrolls and take the 100 gp off my sheet, Nate.


    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 6
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 50 of 50
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
    In Hand: Nothing















    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    Hexes DC 18
    • Cackle, Flight--used, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.
    Last edited by Gerald007; Wednesday, 30th May, 2012 at 08:42 PM.

 

  • #232
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,900

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    ooc
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald007 View Post
    I'll buy the scrolls and take the 100 gp off my sheet.
    They're actually only 25 apiece, 50 gp total. I'll yank 'em off Nathan's sheet and update his gold, then make another Pearl visit either later tonight or tomorrow. If I can't find a Cloak +2, maybe a lesser rod of extend...
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #233
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,487
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric's only response to the assessment that he is joking is a raised eyebrow and a glare. But, he grudgingly let's the matter drop and decides to take Zelena's advice. "Well, you're a woman, so perhaps you are right about Rissa. I don't suppose you could wraggle those fingers and clean me up from battle and take care of these wounds before I go see her and accept my humble pie. Please."

    Once back at the inn, the fighter is content now that his new flail has been secured. Seeing the old geezer safe, is some comfort at least. "Aye, grandpa. The morrow will be fine. Tonight we can brag about putting a crime lord out of business. Maybe I should add lizard stomper to my title... or maybe I should wait until we get back to Venza, lest I offend any locals."

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 45 Current: 63
    CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Inspire Courage (+1 Att/Dmg), Bless (+1 Att)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Spiked Gauntlet/+1 Flail
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #234
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    The gnome looks up at Borric and shrugs. She calls upon her arcane powers, casting her prestidigitation. The man's outfit is cleaned of any filth and seems that much brighter. All around he is clean once again and there is even a hint fresh woodsy smell about Borric now. "There you are."

    She offers to clean anyone else up as well... After she is done she looks to Borric, "Might I suggest you bring the proprietor of the establishment a peace offering of some sort. I am sure if anyone knows what may appease the man it would be our host." She smiles at the grippli man.

  • #235
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,487
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric thanks the wee cleric, "Thanks, lass."

    "Perhaps the stubborn bartender will be placated when we mention that it was all Kremuur's fault and we dealt with the problem for the community."

    "Where's the little snipe Loab? He owes us a big favor and he can repay it if he can fix my social troubles."


    The brash fighter doesn't smile, but looks pointedly at the grippli man with some expectation of assistance. It was these little frogs' fault afterall.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 45 Current: 63
    CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Mug of ale
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #236
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,900

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    Nathan offers Zelena his thanks for the offer, though he has similar magics at his disposal.

    "I suppose we could always send Loab with your peace offering, Borric," Nathan says. "Then again, you'd miss out on the bar brawl if it didn't work."

    The sorcerer winks to their grippli host by way of reassurance. Then he stretches.

    "Whatever you're going to do, though, I'm exhausted. This ring I picked up is supposed to help, but I still feel like I could sleep for a week. Maybe we talk it out over dinner, then enjoy a good night's sleep on beds while they're still available?"

    ooc
    Less-than-fruitful Pearl visit completed, so Nathan's stocked up for continuing


    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour)
    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 38/38
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 4/6
    3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #237
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,617

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    There is a croaking gulp from the nearby table where Loab sits and he looks suitable chastised. He smiles tentatively, more from nervousness than anything else it seems. Before he can do anything else the three grippli children tumble from their bench and cluster around Borric's feet chiming out in a ragged chorus, "We'll do it! We'll do it!"

    Dorummn pulls the three away from Borric and herds them towards the kitchen. "Hush now, tadpoles. Your mother could use your help in the kitchen peeling Mustelidae eggs or some such, I'm sure." He shoots a stern look in his wayward son's direction as he shuffles the other three out of the common room.

    Loab slips from the chair he was sitting in and crosses over to stand in front of Borric. Borric towers three times the height of the grippli youth but Loab stands there, though not confidently as evidenced by a tremor at the corners of his mouth. He glances over towards his father; this is clearly something the older grippli expects.

    Words spill out from Loab in a rush, "Master Hawkins, I know I've caused you a serious trouble and I'm sorry for it. Really, I am. I hope you can forgive me but I understand if you can't. Uhmm... to help prove I mean it I'll go talk to Qebir and explain. I'm sure he'll loosen up. Maybe. He's sweet on Rissa, you know, but she doesn't like him that way. I'll talk to Rissa, too, if you think it'll help..."

    Dorummn mercifully cuts in. "That's enough, Loab. Here's a bit of bacca leaf; Qebir favors it, you know. And a bottle of wine for Rissa. That should help smooth things over, Master Hawkins." He pushes a bottle and a small package into Loab's hands.

    Loab blinks a moment before realizing he can make his escape and, packages in hand, darts out of the inn. Dorummn gives the group his best innkeeper smile and motions towards the recently vacated table. "Seat yourselves! Dinner will be served soon and in the meantime how about a bottle of wine? I've a rare vintage, 'Eiswine', imported from the mountains south of here."

    Dorummn produces a bottle and several small glasses and pours for everyone. While Loab is gone Dorummn scurries back and forth between the common room and the kitchen bringing dishes to keep everyone busy in eating. Eventually, near the end of the meal, Loab returns with a hesitant smile.

    "Qebir won't give you trouble. And Rissa was happy with the wine."


  • #238
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,900

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    Nathan is more than happy to let the one-eyed grippli do the peacemaking back at the Trout while he sits down to enjoy a good meal and a bit of relaxation. As Loab returns and makes his announcement, Nathan raises his glass to Borric.

    "See? All is well, and your playmate is now probably available for a proper sendoff," he says with a wink.

    "For myself, I've not found much in the way of that kind of entertainment that suits my taste. And, honestly, with the trudge that's likely ahead of us, I think I'll be getting my rest.

    "Many thanks again, Dorummn, to you and yours for taking such good care of us,"
    the sorcerer says with a bow of his head as he stretches and starts to rise with the intent of retiring until the morrow.

    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour)
    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 38/38
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 4/6
    3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #239
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,487
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric maintains his stern expression, he has to keep up appearances of being a gruff warrior after all.

    "Alright, I'll let you help us. Loab, give my regards to the lovely Rissa and tell her I will be found here when she is available, getting a head start."

    "Thanks for the meal, Dorummn. If you have a hefty port, that wine should do for the night.

    With a good bottle of wine, Borric intends to sit and sip it in the common room until he gets word from Rissa via Loab's return. As fun as a bar brawl might be, more bruises with another hangover might be too much for dealing with business on the morrow.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 45 Current: 63
    CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Goblet of wine
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #240
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,617

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Aldino, Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, and Zelena are joined in the inn's common room by several other patrons of the Lilypad and the grippli family is kept busy keeping everyone fed and supplied with drink. The meal is delicious though some of the river delicacies are somewhat exotic and not to everyone's liking but there are plenty of dishes and everyone is able to find something that suits. After the meal Dorummn, Loab and the three of Dorummn's youngest join everyone in the room for pleasant conversation.

    "Oh dear! You young ones remind me of my grandchildren," says Aldino. "They sing like little angels." The old man sighs and it is clear that the month away from home has left him missing his family.

    "We sing!" Tumbling to the floor to stand in front of Aldino the three young grippli begin a tune with their high, piping voices. After some nudging from Dorummn Loab joins the song with a surprisingly low bass undercurrent. They are clearly untrained but Zelena sees a lot of natural talent in the four. As the song trails off Dorummn stands and shoos his brood towards the back of the inn.

    "Off to bed with you lot! Past time for spratlings to be asleep."

    That seems to be the signal for the gathering to break up and most everyone heads off, either upstairs to sleep or out for entertainment from the night streets of Hruthrip nearly leaving Borric alone in the common room. Not for long, however, as Rissa slips into the inn. She seems a bit distant at first but Borric takes it as a good sign that she is here at least and after a bit of conversation her icy demeanor melts away and she leads him up the stairs for a night of mutual pleasure.

    And so, early the next morning, way too early, perhaps, by Borric's way of thinking, Aldino comes knocking on everyone's door.

    "Rise and shine, your Wizardlinesses! Up and at 'em, Mageslayer! We've dwarven g... oh dear, ale, yes, ale! to find. Up, up! Dorummn has breakfast waiting and if we wait too long I might forget the way to the business of the esteemed Neezhka of Hruthrip."

    Irritating though he may be at the moment, at least the old man seems to be learning a bit of discretion.


    -- = Aldino Galucci = --

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Press Releases & Kickstarter Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 01:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 05:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 04:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 10:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 12:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •