[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun - Page 25




  1. #241
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,812

    Ignore jkason

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    Nathan finds himself fully awake and feeling well-rested as soon as Aldino's first knock hits. He stretches in a perfunctory yawn, then looks over his new ring.

    "Not bad," he mutters, sitting up in bed. Then he glances up to the air above him.

    "So, are we on speaking terms again?" he asks the motes. He rolls his eyes at the response only he can hear, then sighs and closes his eyes.

    "Yes, I know. Morning devotions. Do what you have to do. I'll wait."

    It begins slowly: a light breeze kicking up in the closed room and the faintest increase in the ambient light despite the curtains. A soft hum develops as the breeze seems to strengthen, its circular direction with Nathan as the eye becoming apparent. By now the motes, in various sizes and colors, have begun to glow brightly enough for anyone who might have entered to see them. They move about randomly within the vortex at first, but soon begin to gather together into a single, brilliant circle, hovering just above the crown of Nathan's head. There is a slight thrumming pattern to the low hum the motes emit, the pitch escalating as they gather closer and tighter. The young sorcerer's hair and clothing are now flapping manically in the minor windstorm of their activity.

    Finally, the pitch rises above what humanoid ears can detect, beyond even what Zelena's canine companion could perceive. There is a final burst of light as the motes scatter, their pattern creating the faint suggestion of wings spreading from Nathan's shoulders, and then the room is still again.

    Nathan opens his eyes, studying the still emptiness, then nods.

    "Alrighty, then. Rituals and prostrations all done? Let's clean up and make for breakfast then, shall we?" There is another brief wind, washing away the remains of the previous day. Nathan checks himself in the mirror, tousles his already-tousled hair, then nods. He grabs his pack and heads down to breakfast.

    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: none
    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 38/38
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
    3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

 

  • #242
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,402
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric was sore and well spent after his romp, likely keeping up have the inn as Rissa and he played their little role-playing games until well after midnight. At one point, she cried out something about a natural twenty and sounded jubilant.

    This morning though, there is a much different demeanor on Borric as he meets his fellow companions for breakfast. He did not grumble at the old geezer for waking him either, bu does mumble to himself as he sits down, "I swear the woman knows how to cheat."

    Eating some bread and cheese, he has quite the appetite and is getting a head start on the witch and gnome while Nate arrives just after he sat down.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 45 Current: 63
    CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Bread and cheese
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #243
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    Zelena spends time in a nice hot bath in the evening. Enjoying just soaking and letting her stresses and aches be soothed away. After tending to her own needs she tends to Celebfedhiin, brushing the hound of any tangles and what not.

    Waking, the gnome sees to her prayers to Ral and when Aldino knocks to wake everyone she smiles and joins the others for breakfast downstairs.

    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 3
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
    Conditions:Longstider (3 hours), Bless (27 rounds), Protection from Evil (27 rounds), Inspire Courage (round 2)
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 42 of 42
    CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
    In Hand: battle axe +1 and sheild
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Silence, Remove Paralysis(d)

    Arcane Spell Slots
    • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
    • (1st level - DC 13 - 4 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish

    Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

    Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
    Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
    Conditions: none
    AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 13 of 13
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
    In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip)

  • #244
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,501

    Ignore GlassEye
    Breakfast is a quick affair; Aldino is fairly bursting with excitement and he good-naturedly rushes everyone through the meal so it isn't too long before the four of you are escorting your elderly charge through the streets of Hruthrip. Aldino is nimble for such an aged fellow, but then, you all knew that from the trouble he managed to get into when he wandered off as everyone else was disembarking upon their arrival. He makes his way through the streets at the head of the little group muttering some arcane sounding words. It doesn't take too long to realize that Aldino is reciting the turns to Neezhka's shop, given to him by Dorummn.

    Finally, after winding through the narrow streets in a section of town less lizardfolk than the rest, Aldino stops at a plain wooden door with a tiny, shuttered window within it. He raises a hand to knock then in a bout of uncertainty drops his hand and steps back from the door.

    "Oh dear! I can't do it. You have to do it!"


    -- = Aldino Galucci = --

  • #245
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,812

    Ignore jkason

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    As the party prepares to leave, Nathan looks to the air above him and holds his arms out to his sides.

    "All right. I sold that wand because you said you guys had this. Show me what you've got."

    A soft glow emanates from the crown of Nathan's head, in which five motes appear, spinning in a tight circle. The motes break away from one another, one staying above the sorcerer's head while the other four each flit to the ends of his other four appendages. They seem to carry the glow with them, traveling inward until it covers his body. Then motes and glow fade from view. Nathan assesses a moment, then nods.

    "Not bad, boys," he offers, then he hurries to join the others on their trek across Hruthrip.

    ooc
    Casting Mage Armor before heading out.


    As Aldino suddenly comes all over with nervousness, Nathan raises an eyebrow and glances to the others. Provided no one objects, he then shrugs, reaching past Aldino to give a light rap on the door.

    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 38/38
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
    3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #246
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691

    Ignore Gerald007
    OOC: Sorry guys, been swamped and I forgot to check for any updates this week. My bad.


    Sylvain had been undergoing his own preparations for the upcoming treasure hunt. He made sure Waltor was well fed, since there wouldn't be any more chances for anything yummy for his friend for a while. He was quiet as usual when preparing for a major task.

    He stands back preparing for the worst as Nathan knocks on the door.

  • #247
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,402
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric has his shield strapped to his arm while they walked the streets, but his spiked gauntlet is empty of a weapon.

    As they stand before the door with the ol' geezer hesitating, he doesn't stop Nathan from knocking. but he doesn stand next to him before the door and asks Aldino, "What's wrong with you, grandpa? Is there something you are not tellin' us?"

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 63 Current: 63
    CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & spiked gauntlet
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #248
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    The gnome nudges Borric and whispers, "If I recall correctly, this is an old acquaintance of Aldino's."

    She moves to the elder man's side and places a hand on his leg, "It's alright. Just take a couple of deep breaths now. Do not work Aldino, we are with you. We will help along as we are needed."

    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
    Conditions:Longstider (3 hours), Bless (27 rounds), Protection from Evil (27 rounds), Inspire Courage (round 2)
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 42 of 42
    CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
    In Hand: battle axe +1 and sheild
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Silence, Remove Paralysis(d)

    Arcane Spell Slots
    • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
    • (1st level - DC 13 - 4 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish

    Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

    Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
    Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
    Conditions: none
    AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 13 of 13
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
    In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip)

  • #249
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,501

    Ignore GlassEye
    Aldino seems a bit startled by Borric's address.

    "What? Oh. Nothing. Nothing's wrong. Neezhka's a bit of a recluse is all. And I only know him by his work; never met in person. He holds the key, you know, if he won't tell us where he got the paper..."

    He smiles but it is a tremulous thing and it quickly fades into an expression of worry.

    You all wait for what seems like a long time without any response from the elusive and reclusive Neezhka. Just as you are readying to knock again you hear a shuffling from behind the wooden door. It stops and you are beginning to wonder if Neezhka is going to respond when you hear a gravelly voice made faint by the intervening door.

    "What do you want?"


    -- = Aldino Galucci = --

    GM: This scene is going to run like a skill challenge. The goal, as stated by Aldino, is to find out from Neezhka where the paper with the dwarven rune originated. Your methods are up to you. Feel free to Aid Another or whatever else you wish. Be sure to include a skill check with your post.

  • #250
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,812

    Ignore jkason

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    "Being nervous keeps a body out of trouble, grandfather," Nathan adds reassuringly during the wait.

    As the call finally comes through the door, the says, "Terribly sorry to trouble you, but I'm hear with a few friends who are absolutely fascinated by one of your finds, and we were hoping you might be ever so kind enough to give us an audience with you?" Here Nathan takes a step back and glances to Zelena, letting the more experienced negotiator take the lead.



    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 38/38
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
    3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Press Releases & Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 01:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 05:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 04:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 10:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 12:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •