[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun - Page 27


What's on your mind?

  1. #261
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,014
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    Deciding to try to compromise between Zelena's justifiable concerns about privacy and the bookmaker's desire to know more, Nathan nods toward the opening in the door. Folks may think they catch some kind of motion out of the corner of their eyes, but it's too quick to really pin down. The sorcerer whispers, then, and the woman behind the door can hear it as if he's in the room next to her. Nathan gets close enough so that Zelena, at least, can overhear what he's whispering.

    "Maybe this will help keep things a bit quiet. And our apologies for being so selfish. Of course there's reward in this for you. In fact, reward is entirely why we've come to you in the first place. Our employer thinks that some of what he found might lead to quite a bit of reward, and of course I'm sure we could arrange a finder's fee for help?"

    Nathan's not sure he's making the right arguments, though, and fears his desperation may be showing.

    ooc
    Casting Message, getting close enough so Zelena can overhear him if he has to choose someone.Diplomacy (1d20+8=11)


    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours), Message
    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 38/38
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
    3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

 

  • #262
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Zelena looks up and says sincerely, "I apologize for pushing the idea of wishing to speak in a more private setting. It is normally how business is concluded. I do suppose with one as renowned as yourself, we can work on your terms."

    She looks back to Aldino and spots him handing something to Syl. She reaches out for it from the man, "Master Galucci, has found a book, or at least part of one, that we were hoping that you might be persuaded to use your expertise to help with." Assuming Syl hands over or shows the symbol, "This is part of the puzzle we are faced with. Would you be willing to take a look at what we have and aide us?"

    (( Diplomacy 1d20+12=14 +2 = 16 Any other help, "might" be able to bump it to 20 if we can get 2 more to aide Stupid freaking dice are really making me angry. ))

  • #263
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,695
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric is getting impatient and he cannot keep the temper from his voice, "Yeah, we are not in the habit of doing business through peep holes."

    Fingering the butt handle of his mageslaying flail, he growls, "Enough of this screwing around. I cannot stand out here all day before wanting to bash in someone's fookin' head."

    OOC
    Diplomacy Aid Another (1d20-1=4) @Gerald007, you need to participate, mate. I am rolling with -1 for aid another, so you might as well try to help.
    Intimidate (1d20+6=16) for demoralize to hopefully reduce her resistance by being shaken.
    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 63 Current: 63
    CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & spiked gauntlet
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #264
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,758
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Waltor reaches a tiny green claw up and tweaks Sylvain's ear and chatters into it in that manner that Sylvain seems to somehow understand as speech.

    "Yes, yes," says the witch with a bit of irritation. Sylvain gives the paper from Aldino to Zelena and despite his earlier intention to take personal communication tips from Borric he ends up helping Zelena persuade the retired bookbinder instead. Putting on his best look of boyish innocence Sylvain speaks. "Please take a look. If you could tell us where you got this we'd leave you in peace."

    Neezhka pushes her face up to the window and eyeballs the paper that Zelena holds up for her to see. "Vadin! Damn his name to the Dark! Wait here."

    Before anyone can say or do anything else she slams the little window closed and a shuffling can be heard moving away from the door. You stand waiting in the street.

    "Oh dear. Not the reception I was expecting, let me tell you," says Aldino. He gazes down at his shoes and looses a sigh that perfectly embodies the lack of hope that he currently feels.

    It takes quite a while before the return shuffle can be heard and then the wait as Neezhka throws several bolts open that bind the door closed. The door creaks open as if it hasn't been opened for quite some time and the old dwarven woman pokes her face out.

    "My father died mourning his failure on Vadin Ser's foolish expedition to Khuldun to restore dwarven glory. The rune comes from there. His journal should tell you what you need to know. I've no use for it, take it and leave an old woman alone."

    Neezhka shoves a book out the door towards Zelena. The cover is warped by moisture and the earthy, rot smell of mildew wafts from it.


    Neezhka of Hruthrip

    GM: Three successes; Two failures.
    Well, bad dice rolls caused that to go downhill in a hurry... Gerald hasn't been on ENWorld in three days & hasn't posted in four so I'm gonna step in until he makes it back. An aid another from him would push Zelena's attempt up to the DC (barely) for the final success needed.

    That completes the challenge and earns the group 1,200 xp (300 xp each).

  • #265
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Gerald007
    My communities:

    OOC: Apologies again, everyone. Does anyone else have an issue with getting the email notification that new posts have been made? It seems like one out of every three or four, I don't get. It happens to me randomly on PM's other game, so im wonedering if it might just be my hotmail or something. I'm very sorry for holding things up. I'll make it a point to start checking every day, whether I get a reminder or not.


    "Thank you for your assistance, Neezhka. I'm sorry we disturbed you. Is there anything we could give you as a show of thanks for helping us?". He turns, waiting on her response. "And stop pinching me, Waltor. Those claws hurt, dammit."
    Last edited by Gerald007; Thursday, 14th June, 2012 at 01:28 PM.

  • #266
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,014
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    ooc
    Notifications are sometimes delayed for me, where I'll suddenly find a block of them, then sometimes they come rapid-fire as soon as a post happens. And, again, you only get a notification for the first post that goes up in a thread after you were last logged in, so if that post isn't one that prompts you to log in, you may miss several more without any further reminders. I know I got myself behind before for that reason when I was using notifications as my primary reminder.


    "Well, now, that was ... well," Nathan says as Neezhka brusquely sends the group on its way. "Look, grandfather, some folks just don't play well with others. I think it was much more Neezhka than anything we did. But on the bright side, we have the original text, and that was what we were after, isn't it? Onward to discovery and adventure and whatnot?"
    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours), Message
    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 38/38
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
    3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #267
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Gerald007
    My communities:




    "Is there anything worth a hoot in that book, Zelena? It sure stinks to high heaven." Turning to Aldino, he adds, "Nate's right. I hate that she seemed a bit put out, but we had a task to accomplish and we seem to have done it, so long as that book isn't a fake...it's not a fake, I hope."



    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 6
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 50 of 50
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
    In Hand: Nothing














    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    Hexes DC 18
    • Cackle, Flight--used, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.
    [/QUOTE]

  • #268
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    "Thank you for your help Neezhka, should you ever make your way out of your home. There will be a standing tab for you at the Lilypad, for whatever you might need of them." the gnome says to the strange woman.

    She cringes at the the smell of the book and cleans the outside up with some simple magics to get rid of the moisture, earth, and smell. (Prestidigitation)

    "Shall we retire to the Lilypad?" she asks the others, "To examine this in a more private place?"

  • #269
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,695
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric looks around warily and nods in agreement.

    "Yeah, good idea lass. We don't be needin' to dork this up now after nearly needing to kick in the ol' battleaxe's door."

    Leading the way, the fighter heads purposefully back to the Lilypad, alert for trouble. It would not be the first time they were ambushed in this town and since they had not be looking for people following them, he half expects some ruffians to waylay them now they have some musty book.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 63 Current: 63
    CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & spiked gauntlet
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #270
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,014
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    Nathan nods. "True enough. Best to get behind a closed door sooner rather than later, to avoid overly-curious locals."

    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 38/38
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
    3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 27 of 73 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Press Releases & Kickstarter Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 02:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 06:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 05:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 11:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 01:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •