[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun - Page 3




+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 726
  1. #21
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,022

    Ignore GlassEye
    The barmaid pouts, puts one hand on her shapely hip but lets the other rest lightly on Borric's arm. "I work late, but if you're here when the last customer clears out..." She leaves her promise of an evening's entertainment unspoken. Glancing back towards the scowling bartender she leans forward and quickly speaks. "You all are new in town, aren't you? If you need rooms there's an inn just down the street a ways, the Lilypad. It's clean," she says with a glance towards Zelena. "Just tell 'em Rissa at the Tipsy Trout sent you." She turns and sashays off to help another table and retrieve the group's food order.

    Aldino blinks rapidly and briefly glances over at Borric as if he can't believe his eyes. "Oh dear, no. No need to go rushing off." He coughs unconvincingly then takes a deep drink of his beer as if embarrassed to be seen staring after a pretty young thing like the barmaid. "If no one's retrieved IT yet," he waggles his eyebrows at Nathan in a rather obvious and ironic attempt at warning against speaking too loudly about their plans, "then it'll be there for our collecting. No rush. I would like to find IT before I die of old age; that could be any day now." He sneaks another peek at the barmaid.

    OOC
    IMO I would count the wand as party treasure and have everyone subtract 135 gp for buy-in on it. Then, at the end of the adventure when you all go your own ways, if there are any charges left and anyone wants it s/he could pay out to buy the others' shares based on its remaining value; otherwise, sell it. The other option is for one of you to subtract the whole amount from their own share; then it would wholly be that character's possession. It's up to you all.

    Also, with something like 6,000 gp of gear to sell I imagine it will take a few days to unload it all. There will be plenty of time for resting and such before you head off in search of the bookbinder.

    And, Gerald, have a good time!



 

  • #22
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    Zelena sips her wine and agrees, "A good night's rest in an actual bed would be a pleasant change and likely be the last for at least several more days if we are off again."

    OOC
    Zelena is fine for spells and healing, she did use much on the battle with the thieves. And she has her own invisibility (1st level spell Vanish) if needed, although she has not used the spell yet.

    Question for the GMs... If I was to get a mithral chain shirt for Celebfedhiin would it be the armor cost x2 +1000 mithral or total cost of armor 1100 gp x2 Just want to be sure.

    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
    Conditions:
    AC: 21 (13 touch; 19 flat-footed)
    HP: 42 of 42
    CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
    In Hand: mithral battle axe +1 +6 (1d6+1)
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider (d);
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Remove Paralysis (d)

    Arcane Spell Slots
    • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
    • (1st level - DC 13 - 3 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Silent Image, Vanish

    Bard Song: 5 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 3 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

    Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
    Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
    Conditions: none
    AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 13 of 13
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
    In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip)

  • #23
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,077
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter


    Borric smiles and replies, "Sweet Rissa, lass, I will be here. Then we can both go to the Lilypad."

    He turns to the old man, "Well, hopefully you won't die that soon. Or at least before next week, eh? After we do some of our errands this afternoon and tomorrow morning, I think we can go see this person."

    With that plan of attack, he starts putting it into action by drinking and eating first.
    OOC
    Next on my list of purchases was 2000gp for an Amulet of Natural Armor and then 3000gp for increasing the enchantment on his platemail. If you want to fund those projects with Syl's extra cash, that's fine by me. But, I would buy items to increase Syl's AC too.

    If we all chip in for the wand that's fine by me. But I only have about 65gp after my shopping. I would need an IOU on that as well.

    I think you are looking at mithral chain shirt barding at double cost, 2200gp. The barding costs double since it requires more material, I think. Bigger torso than a medium person.
    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 63 Current: 63
    CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Barmaid with big hooters
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #24
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,528

    Ignore jkason

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    As Borric wets his whistle in preparation for his evening, Nathan bites his lip a moment.

    "So, we're doing single rooms, yes?" he says, giving the waitress a vaguely concerned look over.

    ooc
    I debated increasing Nathan's protections or his effectiveness, and opted for the latter, at least for now.

    I think I'm good with Nathan to tomorrow; looks like there isn't much more to discuss at dinner, at least, though I can keep up the banter if we want.

    On rooms, double rooms are fine if folks prefer, though Nathan will probably ask to room with Aldino or Syl over Borric, since he's hoping to avoid bearing witness to the fighter's nocturnal activities as pre-saged by dinner.

  • #25
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,077
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric gives Nathan a knowing look, "I am getting one to myself. I plan to share with Rissa only. I like you guys fine, but I need some quality time away from you too."

    OOC
    I found out that I need to wait for my flail 18 days RL, that's 25 Mar before it's ready. I also messed up my finances, double counting the initial 2175gp from the last time we went shopping.

    I can borrow from Syl, or I can spend 2DMC to cover it.
    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 63 Current: 63
    CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Barmaid with big hooters
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #26
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    Zelena disappears for a short time and returns grumbling something about stupid rules of something... She stops long enough to let them know she is off to the Lilypad for a room and some rest. She and the hound then depart...

  • #27
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,022

    Ignore GlassEye
    GM: Let me say clearly right up front that your shopping has not happened yet. I believe that I said previously that it would take days for your characters to find buyers for the items you've acquired and need to sell and your characters have just arrived in town. I don't plan on making this a chore, and I understand you're ready to get moving on things. Commissioning can commence from whatever date you have posted in the Arcane Row thread; I'm not going to make you wait until your characters actually find the shop and have the cash to do the shopping. I'm sorry if you don't like this but until the rules are changed this is the way it is.

    This has been a very busy weekend for me but I hope to get an actual game post in some time today.

  • #28
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,022

    Ignore GlassEye
    The best thing that could be said about the food at the Tipsy Trout is that it is hot. And served by Rissa, but the drinking crowd that comes in in the late afternoon keeps her and the other barmaids busy slinging drinks with little time to spend at the table with Borric. The bar is crowded, mostly human and halfling but also a few lizardfolk and there are several familiar faces: crew from the riverboat seem to have gotten a bit of time to spend their pay. One of the bargemen looks up from some sort of drinking game involving silver pieces and shots of liquor and motions that your group is welcome to move over to their table and join in the drinking.

    It looks like it could get a little rowdy but the bartender keeps a keen eye on things and there is a big, beetle-browed bruiser of a man that sits at the end of the bar drinking little and most likely employed as a bouncer in case the revelers get out of hand.

    When Zelena says her farewell Aldino looks up with weary hope.

    "You're off to the inn? I'll go with you; I've had enough here and I'm ready to get some sleep."

    He scrambles up and follows after the gnome and her hound lugging his precious satchel along with him.

    As the evening wears on the crowd peaks and then begins to thin out. When the bar is nearly empty Rissa disappears into the kitchen/storage room behind the bar but soon reappears with a long tassled shawl thrown over one shoulder. She holds the arm under the shawl awkwardly and turns that side away as she waves goodnight to the bartender.

    "See you tomorrow, Qebir."

    The bartender squints after her, disapproving, but leaves off from wiping down the bar long enough to wave in return.

    Rissa smiles warmly at Borric as she exits the Trout and shifts the shawl long enough to reveal an expensive bottle of Semerly wine clasped to her ample chest.

    Borric
    Rissa snuggles up close to Borric as the door to the Trout swings shut but she shifts the wine bottle around and pushes it into Borric's hand.

    "Open this. I'm dying of thirst. Qebir doesn't let us drink much while working and I feel like celebrating."

    She grabs one of Borric's fingers on his free hand and, backing down the street, teases the warrior as she leads him a couple of buildings down the street to the Lilypad. Borric hardly notices the Lilypad is aptly named; Rissa pulls him past a small, glassy-eyed frog man who raises one hand either in greeting or unheeded objection as she and Borric head up the stairs to the upper floor. Once in the room she motions towards the bottle.

    "Hurry up with that!"
    Nathan & Sylvain
    Not sure when Nathan and Sylvain would have left the Trout. Feel free to carry on with your own evening entertainment or you can wait until everyone is ready for the next scene.



  • #29
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,022

    Ignore GlassEye

    Earlier, at the Lilypad

    Zelena and Celebfedhiin with Aldino tagging along behind enter the Lilypad, the inn recommended by the Tipsy Trout's barmaid. The inn is clean and it is obvious why it was named the Lilypad: the proprietor is a small, glassy-eyed frog man much like the small frog children the group spotted in K'issp while searching out the Mystic Pearl.

    The frog man bow and his wide mouth curves up into a smile.

    "Welcome to the Lilypad! I am Dorummn, owner of this place. You need rooms, I presume?"

  • #30
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    "Merry meet. I am Zelena and this Aldino. And yes, you would presume correctly Dorummn. We are in need of some rooms for the evening. I should have several companions coming along as well, so five rooms. Baths as well, if we can." The gnome asks politely. "Oh, I forgot, Rissa from the Tipsy Trout said to mention that she sent us to your establishment.."

    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 42 of 42
    CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
    In Hand: none
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider (d);
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Remove Paralysis (d)

    Arcane Spell Slots
    • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
    • (1st level - DC 13 - 3 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Silent Image, Vanish

    Bard Song: 5 of 6 rounds remaing; Channeling: 3 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

    Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
    Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
    Conditions: none
    AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 13 of 13
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
    In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Kickstarter Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 01:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 05:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 04:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 10:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 12:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •