[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Gerald007

First Post
Syl was only too happy to reveal to the sage the information he had gleaned earlier from review of the book that Zelena had negotiated for them, without realizing he might have given out more information than the rest of the group would be comfortable with.

"She's right, Aquos. We are looking for a little help with the local geography around here. Maybe a bit of history too, if you know anything about the rumors of Khuldun."

OOC: Syl will fill him in on whatever info his previous checks revealed.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight--used, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Trust me," Nathan mutters a bit nervously to Borric as they enter. "Despite my parentage, religion and I aren't very good friends."

He has the good sense to say no more once the tender appears, however. He lets Zelena take the lead on this one, offering extra information as necessary to give the sage what he needs to help them choose the right path.

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric nods knowingly and whispers back, "Me neither, Nate. Those temple whores charge too much and get a bit sanctimonious about certain things they are not willing to do. Ask Syl later about it."

He keeps his voice low to not distract Syl and Selena from their discussion.

[sblock=OOC]Syl and Nate going to go mounted. If you let Borric decide, it will be light riding horses.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnome nods at Syl ane looks back to Nthan and Borric before returning her attention to Aquos, "We have been given several clues, but we are too unfamiliar with the region to make any sense of them. Would you be willing to help us?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
The tiefling priest-sage listens attentively as Sylvain outlines the information that you've all pried from Neezhka. Aquos' ears twitch in apparent interest whenever Sylvain mentions solid tidbits of knowledge and when the tale is done Aquos nods his head.

"Yes, I am willing to help." Aquos turns and with a awkward beckoning motion shuffles off into the dim interior. Clearly he intends you to follow, particularly as he continues to speak to you.

"Let's see... Common Year 1139, nearly two hundred years ago, that would be during the time of Tender Anegar. A particularly tumultuous time when the River Lords were cementing their dominion..."

He leads you off down a cramped side passage lined with shelves sagging beneath the weight of tomes. Finally, he pulls one from the shelf and leads you all to a small study where he spreads out the massive book and begins flipping through it. Oddly, Aquos seems to be able to carry on with his historical lecture of the times and search the tome at the same time. Eventually he comes to information of interest and relevant to your questions.

"Ah, the Sul Gulden: a rocky mountain range east-southeast of here, still a wilderness claimed by small, warring settlements. Mostly goblinoids and humans. Suprisingly high; the mountains, not the humans, although I pass no judgement on their religious practices, ha ha!

And the three crones you spoke of are not beings per se but a certain mountain located here with three distinct-looking peaks."
He flips a page and jabs a finger down at a map of the area. "And here is the settlement called 'Rakka'. Not a people at all, but the name of their fortress-town. I suppose, however, that it's citizens might name themselves 'Rakka' or Rakkan or Rakkene. Couldn't say as I've never spoken with a native. If you discover the truth of the matter I would certainly like to make an addendum with the correct manner of address in our records.

And speaking of records, I have no particular record of this fortress Khuldun but if it is within traveling distance of Rakka I would put my bets on the slopes of the Three Crones.

Vadin Ser is an interesting figure. Some sort of noble dwarven bloodline. Quite the local hero. He traveled extensively on his quest and brought much riches back to Gist; helped establish the city as the trade hub it is today. We really should put a statue of him in the city center. Sad that he never fulfilled his quest. I would be quite happy to provide you with maps, such as we have of the Sul Gulden mountains, in return for a report of your findings, if you find anything."

With the information Aquos has already provided and the promised maps, you all think you could navigate the mountains to the supposed location of the lost fortress.

-Aquos the Sage-

Songdragon

Explorer
"Thank you Aquos, your generosity is appreciated. If we are able to aid you in the future, and we are about these parts, let us know." Zelena says with a smile. "We will be sure to let you know what, if anything we discover."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric paid attention to the maps and remarks, "Thanks a bunch, we will be in touch. We will let ya know we find something to interest you."

Turning to his companions he indicates that he is ready to depart, "I will get a compass to help keep us from getting lost. Shall we go get some mounts so we don't have to walk?"

As he brings up the subject, he realizes that he might have been mistaken in not mentioning horses for mounts. Given Syl's tastes in animals, the witch might just have some strange ideas on what he will be mounting. Borric remembers some really weird things from their carousing in Venza a few months back.

OOC: Bought a compass
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan offers his thanks with the others as they take their leave of the tiefling. When they're alone, he says, "That was pleasantly uneventful, now wasn't it?"

He nods to Borric's suggestion. "Seems a bit of a trek, so I'm all for horses if we can get them without breaking the bank," the sorcerer says.

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The group leaves the odd library-temple and goes out into the city of Gist again with better knowledge and a map of the area surrounding Khuldun, or at least Rakka and the Three Crones. A passerby gives directions to a stable so that they can find mounts and supplies.

Once mounts have been purchased the group finds Aldino squatting in a corner of the yard with the map spread across his knees and squinting down at the finely inked lines. He motions the others over without rising.

"Look at this; my old eyes need a second opinion. The scale there... Gist here. And Rakka. Looks to be about two hundred miles?" Upon examination of the map and confirmation from the others Aldino sighs. "Oh, dear! Such a long ways. We'll be days and days in the saddle. Can't be helped, I suppose, but we'll need a goodly supply of foodstuff."

The old man squints up at the track of the sun. "Perhaps we buy the rest of our supplies today, sleep in a fine bed tonight and head out in the morning?"

[sblock=OOC]Adding 3 horses: 2 light riding, 1 light war? plus tack and a few extra days of rations to the supply list.[/sblock]
-- = Aldino Galucci = --

Gerald007

First Post
"Would it make more sense to get a pack mule to load down with food? Two hundred miles is a long, long ride. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'm not very good in a saddle, so the trip will be a slow, and bumpy one for me. "

OOC: With inexperienced riders, how many days should an approximately 200 mile trek take?

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight--used, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.
[/sblock]

Remove ads