[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: As far as I know there is no effect on travel times for inexperience of riders. The bigger factor is terrain and encumbrance. You'll pretty quickly get into trackless hills and then mountains and that'll slow you down to about 14 miles per day or almost two weeks exactly.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric looks at Syl with a raised eyebrow, "That's what you use saddlebags for. The horses are going to be faster than a mule and the hound. Don't worry, Syl."

"The first few days will feel like you were up all night with that dominatrix that took to you with the paddle and spankings that you liked so much. After a a couple of days you will be used to it."

Grinning, he comments, "Just remember when you sit on the horse's back, the head and neck are supposed to be in front of you. If you are staring over the horse's rear, you got it backwards or you are mounting him in the wrong way. Heh, heh."

OOC: Light War Horse, or Combat trained Horse as PF calls it
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Don't worry, Syl. I'm sure I'll be just as uncomfortable," Nathan says. "I haven't been around a horse since I ran away from the farm, and then they were for plowing, not riding.

But I think you have the right idea, grandfather,"
he says to Aldino. "Let's enjoy our creature comfort while we can, then head out fresh for the bumpy ride to treasure and glory and other shiny nonsense, eh?"

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Geared up and with packs full of supplies the group finds an inn with a stable and settles in for the night. The residents of Gist are a friendly bunch but the evening passes quietly until everyone heads off to a restful night's sleep.

Aldino is up early the next morning, puttering around the inn and back and forth to the stable to make sure his gear is packed and ready to go. The old man is eager to get on with the journey.

"Are you all ready to ride?"

[sblock=OOC]Last call for in-town actions before heading off into the wilderness.[/sblock]
-- = Aldino Galucci = --

Songdragon

Explorer
After stocking up on new rations and meat for Celebfedhiin the gnome is out and stowing anything that needs stowing. "Ready to go when you are."

Gerald007

First Post
Syl was more worried about horse back riding and camping than he was facing Barghests and wizards. "I hope you are right, Borric. It took me a week to get right after that last...excursion. It's tough to concentrate on a spell when you're in a great deal of discomfort."

He gets a good night's sleep and eats heartily at the inn, knowing this would be his last hot breakfast for at least a month. "I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one uncomfortable on a horse, Nate. Hopefully neither of us will fall to our deaths from these beasts. How about you, Aldino? Are you a strong rider?"

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight--used, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric nods, "Just as soon as I buy that finely crafted lance over there."

"Even though we are heading into the mountains instead of the plains, I think it is best that I have one of those in case we get set upon. Better to crash into the enemy on the warhorse even if I can only get ten to fifteen feet of room to get up to speed."

"I might be able to skewer the fookers before bashin' their heads in."

The brash fighter is talking with his hands, pantomiming the motions and actions in a mock display of his prowess. He has a twinkle in his eye, like a kid in a candy store, an alcoholic looking a bottle of liquor, or... well, Borric standing at the entrance of a brothel drooling at all the beautiful scenery.

[sblock=OOC]Add the Mwk Lance. Figure better to have it and sell it later unused, than wish I had it to charge in round 1 of a mounted combat and regret not buying it. Borric is the walking (now riding) arsenal after all. :p [/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan raises an eyebrow as Borric shows off his lance, but says nothing, instead steeling himself for more saddle-based discomfort.

"So, off to see the crones, then?" he offers.

[sblock=ooc]ready to go[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aldino chuckles nervously at Sylvain's question whether Aldino is an accomplished rider or not. "My boy, I am Venzan born and bred. I can swim like a fish, or I used to anyway. Ride a horse? Never needed to before today. They certainly are large creatures, aren't they? I don't see how you'll manage with that lance, Master Borric; guess it's a game for younger men than I."

Despite his hesitance and stated inexperience Aldino manages to clamber up onto the back of his horse although the thin, old man looks distinctly out of place perched on the saddle. He peers down at the ground.

"Oh dear, maybe I should've gotten a pony," he mutters. Distracted by Nathan's question he nods. "The crones, then."

It is a short ride down to the water's edge and a local ferry. Mist rises from the early morning river though it's pretty clear the sun will soon burn it away. Not something you'll have to worry about though as you'll be putting distance between you and the river with every step.

[sblock=OOC]Ok, an SOP would be useful: marching order, watches, other actions that you do on a daily basis.[/sblock]
-- = Aldino Galucci = --

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: If we can ride 2 x2, how about Borric and Syl in the front, Aldino in the middle, and Zelena and Nate in the rear?

As for watches
, Syl will volunteer to take the first. Borric, Zelena, and Nate can follow however they prefer, if that's okay.

Those are my thoughts, at least

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight--used, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases