[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Holding the lance in his right hand, the point up in the air, Borric looks at the old man with an arched eyebrow, "You just hold it like this, grandpa. It is not so hard." The pun is not lost on the obnoxious fighter as he smirks.

"I should probably stick to the front, ready to charge if needed It is the reason I decided on a war-trained horse, so I can buy you all time to get into position and dismount if you need to."

"Though, perhaps the pooch's nose would be good up in the front as well."

[sblock=OOC]Watch rotation is fine, think that is same as last time. On foot, Borric is usually in front cause he is slow and the tank. I supposed mounted does not change that. Unless someone has other ideas.

What other actions you need, GE? Like scouting and trapfinding?[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & lance
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"I'll stick to the back, then," Nathan offers. Then, finally, he can't resist any longer, and adds, "Wouldn't want to get in the way when Borric finds something he needs to stick his lance into."

His juvenile snicker quickly cuts off as he glances over his right shoulder, then scoffs. "Please," he says, brushing off his unseen companions. "Anyone who's been around Borric more than an hour's heard worse, and you know it."

[sblock=ooc]Nathan only needs 2 hours sleep now to recharge his spells, but still probably best if he takes last watch, I think, to let him stretch his Mage Armor as best as possible.

On that score, Nathan will cast Mage Armor on waking, then recharge later in the day (6 hour duration). Two should cover him for the active part of the day, since we can only ride the horses 8 hours without dealing with forced march conditions.

ETA: The ring also means Nathan doesn't need rations, so those should last longer. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
What other actions you need, GE? Like scouting and trapfinding?

I was thinking more of things outside the normal like what jkason posted with his Mage Armor spells and ring of sustenance effects. If there isn't anything outside the usual that's fine. I'll wait for Songdragon to chime in and then I'll post an update.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena smiles at the others as she and her hound race out far ahead of the group and then back. The pair seem to be enjoying the wide open freedom but soon settle with everyone else as the pass from sight of the the city. "I am fine wherever you might need us." The gnome takes up a crossbow and readies the weapon as she takes up a lead spot for the moment but will switch now and again to follow up in the rear.

(( Just to make it confusing... just roll a percetage... 1-50 and under she is up front, 51-100 she is in back ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions:Longstider (3 hours), Bless (27 rounds), Protection from Evil (27 rounds), Inspire Courage (round 2)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: battle axe +1 and sheild
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Silence, Remove Paralysis(d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 4 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aldino's eyes gleam in wicked amusement and pursing his lips fails to suppress his grin and short, barking laughter at Borric's pun and visual joke. "That's easy for you to say, Borric." Nathan's joke pushes the old man into full-on belly laughs and for a brief moment the young sorcerer thinks Aldino is going to slide right off his saddle. Aldino manages to right himself after a jolt of panic but that sets him to laughing even more.

The first day of riding turns out to be quite pleasant. Every step away from the river lessens the oppressive heat and closeness of the air. Fresh breeze, not tainted by the lingering smell of decaying fish, refreshes and reinvigorates the mind and body. Aldino continues the jokes started at the beginning of their travels and tells humorous stories of his life in Venza. However, as the day passes his stories become fewer and fewer. The riding is wearing on him quicker than anyone else and by the time you stop to set up camp for the night he almost falls off his saddle and hobbles around in his attempts to assist camp-making chores.

The next day Aldino seems little better but without complaint mounts his horse. His mouth is held in a thin, tight line of determination, his brow has a furrow of concentration etched across it; he is clearly aching but you hear him mutter "...dwarven gold..." like a mantra.

The ground continues to rise from the flat swamps of the river to the curve of hills broken by jutting rock worn smooth by centuries of weather into lumps of pinkish-brown stone that resemble the bent backs of hunched giants. It turns out that Borric is most skilled with reading the maps provided by Aquos and using the instruments of navigation. For a week Borric leads the group through the hills with little trouble but after that week the ground rises sharply and, by your guess, you've entered the Sul Gulden mountains proper.

Late on the eighth day of travel Borric begins to have doubts. He stops and pours over the map for a while and makes adjustments to the course of travel until he is satisfied that they are still on track for the destination marked on their maps. Two more days of travel pass in which Borric begins the day confident of their direction but ends having to make adjustments to their course.

Late on the eleventh day Borric comes to the realization that he is no longer certain of their position on the map.

[sblock=OOC]Pic of the Sul Gulden mountains on the wiki.[/sblock]

-- = Aldino Galucci = --

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

After peering at the map from several angles, and even upside down, Borric wrinkles his brow in frustration, "Well, I am buggered. I am not sure where we are going anymore."

"Ya know, it only occurs to me now that we maybe shoulda hired us a gods be damned ranger."

Looking at the mountains and their rocky visages, jutting ridges, and cliffs, he turns back around to his companions.

"Ideas? What about you fly boy?"
The last is directed at Syl.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & lance
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Songdragon

Explorer
"You don't think that guy back in the city screwed us over do you?" She asks aloud to no one in particular, "Maybe get a jump on things for himself, or send us to some waiting ambush or just get lost, never to return?" Zelena says with a frown on her face.

"A guide of some sort might have been a thought... but, we are out here now. Let us figure out what we need to do. Are we looking for any prominent land marks or the like?" She says as she looks about the area they are in... and if they have a nice line of sight the topography of the area.

(( Knowledge (Geography) 1d20+2=15, At least Borric will know which way North is... Nothing good spellwise... took Web Shelter, nice for nightly protective sleeps.))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions:n/a
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: battle axe +1 and sheild
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Web Shelter, Remove Paralysis(d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 4 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aldino is too tired to do more than look up from where he catnaps in the saddle during the stop.

"What? Did I hear you say we're lost? Oh dear."

Although it doesn't quite seem possible the old man sags a little lower in the saddle. There is still enough of the day left that you can get at least two more hours of travel in. Provided you can determine the correct direction. From this point you are looking for a mountain with a distinctive face but it is still at least three days away by previous calculations which were never solid to begin with.

[sblock=OOC]Borric has the best chance of getting the group back on track. His Survival modifier with the navigation equipment and counting Zelena's K (Geography) roll as advice/aid bumps up to +11. Pretty good chance of making the DC but other help would help solidify it as a success.[/sblock]

-- = Aldino Galucci = --

Gerald007

First Post
"I can certainly take to the air, and see what is around us, but I don't have any knowledge of the topography or the wilderness here. I'm not sure what relevant information I can give to you...I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for, to be honest. I could fly right over a clue, and not realize it, I'm afraid. Maybe if you can give me an idea, I could give it a try," he responds to Borric, glumly.

OOC: No Knowledge Geography or Survival for Syl. I could always try them untrained, I suppose, if we can't come up with a better solution.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight--used, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases