[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: Let me know what you plan. If you are scouting, let me know what actions you take. If you are setting up an ambush, let me know what sort of terrain you are looking for to make use of.

Songdragon

Explorer
"Or as the saying goes... letting the sleeping dragon lie." Zelena comments, "After all it is merely someone else camping. out. Maybe it is some woodsmen or yes, some orcish bandits... but leave it alone for now. Be on watch and alert from trouble and go from there. It has been a long day, and we need out rest."

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan bites his lip, thinking on the points both Borric and Zelena make against scouting.

"To have a good ambush, we'd probably all need to stay awake and alert, though, not knowing when they might show up."

His frown shifts as he glances to something his unseen entourage apparently says, then raises an intrigued eyebrow as he looks to his new ring.

"Maybe I can manage a compromise thanks to my new finery. If you let me take the first watch to sleep, I should be recharged for the day ahead. If we keep the camp compact, I think I can make use of that little trick I did with the map, then, to cover us with an illusion for the rest of the night. It'll be tedious, and I won't be very good to keep an eye out for anyone who sees through the magic, so company would still be much appreciated."

[sblock=ooc]The ring of sustenance lets Nathan be ready to cast again after 2 hours sleep and his 15 minute prep. After that, he can create 100 cubic feet of Silent Image, and since the duration is Concentration, he can sustain it for the rest of the night using the single casting.

Like he said, though, having to sustain the spell (plus his crap Perception score) means he'll be pretty useless at noticing anyone who comes poking around / interaction-saves vs. the illusion, so company on the remaining watch would still probably be a good idea.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 5/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric nods, "Works for me. If the rest of us get more rest, then maybe we get up early and find out who it is before they break camp."

"Grandpa, you wanna help with the firewood detail."
He is not really asking, more like making sure Aldino doesn't try to use his old age to avoid camp routine duties again. He set about making a good pit for the fire so it will be useful, but unseen from the direction of the other campsite.

Take 10 on Survival to bank the fire for low illumination

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aldino bows to Borric with a flourish of one wiry arm as his back pops in protest to the motion. He slowly straightens in deference to his weary bones but his eyes still exhibit good humor and that twinkle of mischief.

"As you command, Mageslayer."

He wanders away from the camp walking in an awkward hunched position as if trying to keep a low profile and avoid being spotted by whoever is at the distant camp. While Aldino gathers wood Sylvain does a quick scout of the area. He doesn't see anything that he would consider unusual or dangerous.

Soon enough Borric has the firepit dug and a fire started and though small it'll be enough to keep the chill of the cooler mountain nights off. Nathan sleeps soundly during the early night and wakes to spread magical camouflage over the camp. It registers in his mind that sometime during the night the distant fire dies down or is banked and so no longer is twinkling in the distance.

And so it is when the sky begins to faintly lighten to the east long before the sun will break the mountainous horizon that the sleepers waken.

-- = Aldino Galucci = --

Gerald007

First Post
"Much obliged, Nate. That looks terribly tedious. I'd advise finding a spell that doesn't make you have to stay up all night next time. I'd be a mess without getting my eight hours of solid rest, you know.". Despite poking some fun at the sorcerer, Syl made sure that he sat with him, keeping Nate awake during Syl's turn on watch.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight--used, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"On the upside, after awhile, the celestial nags even die down," he replies to Sylvain's friendly jab during his turn at 'keep Nathan company' watch. "I guess I was wrong, and they can't keep going forever."

While the ring exorcised drowsiness, Nathan had to agree with Sylvain: eight-plus hours holding the image of uninviting rocks and brambly trees to turn aside the curious was less than ideal. As pre-dawn began to leak into the sky and the others stirred, it was with a very loud sigh of relief that Nathan nodded to his surroundings. Shrubbery and mineral deposits melted into a stream of glowing motes which hadn't nearly the manic energy in their swirling movements that the others were used to, though they faded from view before anyone could take much note of it.

Standing, Nathan cracks his back and stretches with a big yawn, less out of drowsiness than to break the glazed-over feeling he has from so long focused on a single task.

"I can't tell you if they noticed us or just let things die down, but somewhere in the middle of the night, the other camp's fire wasn't there anymore," Nathan advises the others as he sits around breakfast. "Afraid I couldn't tell you exactly when, since I was spending most of my attention keeping the motes on task."

[sblock=ooc]Nathan will cast his first Mage Armor just before the party leaves camp for the day, FYI. It's not in stats at the moment, though, since we're ostensibly still in morning prep mode.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: None
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: I have been having trouble getting onto EnW today as well as the other day. No time left to update tonight, it might have to wait until Thursday. Sorry.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

OOC: Just got access to the site, posting lite in my short available window before bed.
Borric dons his platemail, putting his chain shirt pajamas away, and says, "Come on and get a move on. Break camp and let's go see if they are still there or not."

"We can eat trail rations from the saddle."

He sees about the mounts and such so they can expedite taking advantage of this early start.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
"Are we sure we want to go looking for what might be trouble? We might be able to just pass them by, and be on our merry way without them ever knowing we were here. The longer we tarry with other things, the longer it will be before we get our hands on all that gold, you know..."

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight--used, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Remove ads