[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric makes his back to his warhorse and shrugs, "I don't see a reason to pursue some other traveler going in a different direction. My curiosity is satisfied for now."

"But, if you all have a different opinion..."
He leaves the sentence hanging, unclear if he will agree to something else or try to talk his companions out of it.

[sblock=OOC]I am agreeable OOC if someone wants to follow the tracks. But, Borric will need a logical reason. Otherwise onwards to dwarven GOLD! :p[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan bites his lip as the others set about digging, trying to puzzle out what the post hole might have been for.

"I suppose it might have been some kind of ... mobile watchtower, though the balance on it would be tough to manage, wouldn't it?" he theorizes.

To Borric's question, he shakes his head. "No, if they're headed the other way, I don't see a point in detouring for them. Let them hunt whatever it is they're after, so long as it isn't us or ours."

[sblock=ooc]Nathan's agreeing to head on toward where we think the dwarven settlement is since it appears the other folks aren't going that way.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
"As I recall, I didn't want to even head over here, so I certainly don't want to chase after what is probably just some random travelers. Let's stay on our main mission. The quicker we get the gold, the quicker we can head back to town and get a real bed..."

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Choosing not to court further trouble the group moves on.

By the end of the day the five travelers have ridden through a pass and a tall mountain with three distinct peaks is visible in the distance. Too far yet to see the faces they've been told adorn its slopes but the rough shape looks right and Borric is certain that the mountain is their destination.

Two more days of travel puts the group on the lower slopes of the mountain known as the Three Crones. This is certainly the mountain; the three weathered summits bear distinct resemblance to three old women. If you squint. And if you were drunk and only had a general idea what a woman looks like.

"Loverly, ain't they?"
"Oh, yes, and that'un be plump!"
" 'E not be plump, that be 'is shella steel."
"Ain't talkin' to you hags, talkin' to them!"
"Then what'un be so loverly?"

Shuffling round an outcropping of stone come three of the ugliest, ancient crones you've likely ever seen and near enough in appearance to be triplets. Their hair is lank and greasy where it hasn't fallen out of their misshapen heads, limbs are bony and thin, fingers tipped with cruelly sharp nails, and their clothing is reeking and filthy. One of the hags has an eye that rolls wildly. Borric and Sylvain immediately are reminded of Lycast, the girl-hag that roams the coastline south of Venza; these three have the same sort of presence that Lycast had when they met her.

"What be so loverly? Why, the stones wot look like us!" The hag turns her attention fully to the group, staring with one encrusted eye while the other rolls in its socket. She smacks her lips that are disturbingly like fat, slimy slugs. "Don't ya think?"

--- -- Old Crone -- ---

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric leaves the tip of his lance tilted upright, to ensure that he is not threatening to skewer the old hags. But, he certainly is far from being comfortable about this encounter. Normally, not one to shy away from hitting on and trying to roll in the hay with women, he certainly draws the line on these crones. He wouldn't even bed them if Syl let him borrow his manhood to use instead.

"Yeah, sure."

"Syl, these ladies are more your mug o' ale, not mine."

The brash fighter remains in front, ready to spur his warhorse into action, but Borric believes it is better if Nathan and Zelena to spur their tongues into action instead.

[sblock=OOC]How's that for a participation post to prompt other players to go first. :p[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & lance
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

[sblock=ooc]Wasn't actually waiting on anyone. Things have been a bit busier for me of late, so I don't tend to be able to post as early as sometimes I could before. Apologies if I was holding things up.[/sblock]

Nathan swallows his quip at Borric's clear uneasiness around the crones. Instead, recognizing that the warrior is inclined to allow for some level of diplomacy, he flashes his own winning smile to the trio.

"Now, surely, even the wonders of nature couldn't capture your exceptional visages, ladies," Nathan says smoothly. He doesn't press further, knowing his smaller companion has the stronger skills to take the lead in negotiations.

[sblock=ooc]Diplomacy Aid. (1d20+8=20)

GE, what time of day is it? Just wondering if Nathan's on his first or second Mage Armor of the day. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Syl glanced at Borric for half a second before returning his gaze to the crones. "My friend Nathan is correct, ladies. Mother Nature had quite a task, trying to capture loveliness such as yours. Obviously she'd be hard pressed to succeed."

Hoping he had helped the mood by complimenting the ladies, Syl shut up, hoping Zelena could win the day with her silver tongue.

OOC: Of course that was meant as an aid another roll, not a plain diplomacy one...

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnome looks at the crones and then to the Crones...

((Sense Motive 1d20+11=30 ))

"Merry meet to you all." Zelena starts. "I am Zelena, and these are my companions. It would appear that you are the first we have seen in many days. A surprise indeed." The woman comments, saying nothing that is not true.

not getting the best of vibes from the trio she continues, "Unfortunately we have many more days to go and should continue our journey. I wish you ladies a good day."

Zelena smiles and starts in the direction the group was heading towards the mountains watching the women to see if they act with any hostility.

(( Perception 1d20+14=31 ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions:Longstider (3 hours), Bless (27 rounds), Protection from Evil (27 rounds), Inspire Courage (round 2)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: battle axe +1 and sheild
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Remove Paralysis(d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 4 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: Current in-game time would be late afternoon, perhaps an hour or so before you would normally begin searching out a suitable camping site. For all practical purposes, too late to begin the final ascent up the mountain to Khuldun and on Nathan's second spell.

The apparent leader of the crones bats her wobbling wall-eyes at Borric while the other two shuffle closer and squint at the travelers.

"Not much fer flattery, eh?"
"Oh, no, but that'un be the strong an' silent type, ya see."
" 'E not be strong and silent, 'e jus' be dim-witted, I wager."
"He strong, lookit them muscles!"
"But ugly."

One of the sisters points at Nathan and vainly adjusts the greasy sackcloth dress she wears.

"Now 'im, 'e gots a silver tongue an' the looks of a godling."
"Yes, he does, he does."
"Wot? Think that'un 'ud go fer the likes of you? Fool hag!"

The wobbling wall-eye turns itself on Sylvain and the other two hags soon follow suit in blatantly sizing up the young witch.

"At least that one knows when ta hold his tongue."
" 'Course 'e does, witch, 'e gots the advice of a Wise One ta listen on."
"Wot? A Wise One, ya say?"

Zelena, meanwhile, has been studying the three crones and has come to an initial assessment. In her opinion, which she is convinced is spot on, the crones are fickle, possibly volatile, eager for company and very powerful. A potentially dangerous combination though for the moment they seem harmless enough. Noticing her regard, the crones turn their attention finally to Zelena. The leader smiles revealing rotted, black stumps of teeth.

"Dearie, none comes here but fer one thing."
"One thing only."
"Only one."

The three bob their heads just out of synchronization that is rather disconcerting and briefly gaze up the steep mountainside.

"Gold," mutters Aldino who promptly looks chagrined that he spoke their goal aloud no matter how quietly it was done.

"Yes indeed." This crone obviously has incredible hearing. Her eyes narrow deviously. "And we can help you find it. If yer willing."

--- -- Old Crone -- ---

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases