[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Songdragon

Explorer
"Big brother?! Huge brother perhaps!" Zelena says. "I would watch the reach of those claws."

Looking to the others, "I'll be approaching that thing." She then calls upon her arcane powers and suddenly disappears from sight and if anyone is really good at hearing might hear her starting towards the large scorpion.

((Cast Vanish, move to H-10, Stealth 1d20+25=36 (includes -5 for moving more than half movement) ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions:Longstider (3 hours), Bless (29 rounds), Haste (5 rounds), Vanish (3 rounds)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: battle axe +1 and shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Remove Paralysis(d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 3 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: Yes, the scatter of rocks around the scorpion makes for difficult terrain.

[sblock=Nathan]You're fairly certain it is not a creature animated from the stones (i.e. it's not a construct) which means it's probably from the Vertice of Earth, one of the Elemental Regions of the Essential Path, some sort of elemental. Beyond that, you are uncertain.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sylvain]The scorpion is a creature from the Vertice of Earth, one of the Elemental Regions of the Essential Path. Despite that (and despite its much larger size), it has a lot of physical similarities with Waltor. From seeing Waltor hunt, you know that it will likely grab its prey and hold it in order to attack it with its stinger. Its stone-like body makes it resistant (though not immune) to certain types of magic like sleep, poison, paralysis, and stunning effects. And you are fairly certain that it can sense things through the vibrations of their movement over the ground.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

[sblock=OOC]I musta failed on secondary Fort Save too and suffered 3 Con & 3 Str Damage and I am still resting to get back to full strength. Nasty disease. I am starting to slowly catch up.
[MENTION=100137]Gerald007[/MENTION]; Are you going to cackle and keep renewing that Fortune Hex? [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION]; Does the scorpion have reach? Visually that should be obvious. Aassuming the scorpion has reach, if I move the horse into range (H6/I7) and dismount to J8, that doesn't provoke an AoO does it?[/sblock]
Borric wings the whirling blade at the creature. However despite the witch's fortune it does nothing but deflect off the creature's armored carapace

"I wish I had a huge hammer for this!"

"Wait, Syl you can make me into a huge warrior.
"

[sblock=Actions]Readied Attack: Mwk Chakram (w/Haste & Bless) (1d20+12=18, 1d8+4=5); 2nd roll Mwk Chakram (w/Haste & Bless) (1d20+12=14)
Free: Quick draw flail

Delaying for Round 2[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Mounted (Ride +6), Haste (+1Att, +1 AC, +30ft mv, +1 extra Attack), Bless (+1 Att), Fortune Hex

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
Chakram: 1/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Perrin, hope you get to feeling better soon and quickly.

The scorpion has reach. Moving within threatened areas provoke AoO; dismounting does not.[/sblock]

GM: Round Two: still awaiting actions for Sylvain and Borric.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Since I will go ahead without waiting on Syl, I still think he should cackle to renew the Fortune Hex even though I don't need it for Borric's attack. I could use it to try for the Fast Dismount and then get two additional attacks if I get a better result.[/sblock]Borric guides his horse closer, just within reach of the scorpion's pincers and then tries a quick dismount. Unfortunately his boot catches slightly in the stirrup, costing a precious second before it is clear and he finds himself in between the crone's champion and his horse.

Whirling the spiked head around at his side, he steps forward with his left foot and brings the weapon swinging down. The spiked head crashes down and discharges crackling electricity as well.

"I will soon have to add bug squasher to my titles!"

[sblock=Actions]Horse to H6/I7
Free: Attempt Fast Dismount (1d20+6=10)- Fail
Move: Dismount to J8
Attack Scorpion: Shock Flail (W/ Haste & Bless) (1d20+16=23, 1d8+8+1d6=17)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 27 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch) +1AC w/ Haste
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Mounted (Ride +6), Haste (+1Att, +1 AC, +30ft mv, +1 extra Attack), Bless (+1 Att), Fortune Hex(Maybe)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
Chakram: 1/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: Cackle to continue Fortune Hex on the big guy.

Sylvain maintains his assistance to Borric, and casts a spell the others had seen before, manifesting a small globe of fire of the far side of the scorpion (L9), trying a light it ablaze.

OOC: Ref save DC 17 to avoid damage.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
OOC: I am away for the next 2 days Saturday and Sunday...

[sblock= Zelena's Actions]
As long as the scorpion does not kill/maim anyone to badly Zelena's actions will be...

Cast Grace (Swift action) Movement does not provoke AoOs
Move to a flanking position with Borric (move action)
Attack with Battle Axe +1 (+9 (+11 if flanking) to hit, 1d6+1 for damage) (Standard Action)

[/sblock]
[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions: Bless (29 rounds), Haste (5 rounds), Vanish (3 rounds)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: battle axe +1 and shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Remove Paralysis(d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 3 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
There is a glow near the stony scorpion as the lone courageous mote begins to take on the form of an oversized weasel.

Sylvain's cackle echoes across the battlefield and the three crones nod their approval as the witch's flaming sphere manifests on top of the scorpion and singes its stony carapace.

"That'un be a tricky fellow!"

Unhindered by the rock-strewn ground the scorpion scuttles a few short steps nearer the invisible gnome and snaps a claw at the seemingly empty air. Unseen by anyone else the gnome is roughly snatched up by the scorpion's claw.

The scorpion snaps his other claw at the heavily armored warrior and the claw closes around Borric and squeezes.

The stinger hovers a moment then strikes at the empty air. Zelena feels a second more serious wound and potent poison surging through the wound and into her bloodstream sapping her strength.

Giving Zelena and Borric a last shake it drops them; the warrior and the priest land ready for the next exchange of blows. Zelena is severely, likely mortally, wounded and poisoned but only she knows it for sure.

OOC: Combat: Round Three. Everyone is up.

[sblock=Combat Information]Note: I forgot to add Sylvain's flaming sphere to the map. I'll try to remember to get it next time.

Initiative:
You all
Champion

Map:

Note: Rocky squares on the map are difficult terrain.

Party:
Borric: 50/73 hit points remaining;
Nathan: 38/38 hit points remaining;
Sylvain: 50/50 hit points remaining;
Zelena: 3/42 hit points remaining; Poisoned (see below)

Spells Cast: Nathan: Mage Armor (x2), Haste, Summon Minor Monster; Zelena: Bless, Vanish; Sylvain: Flaming Sphere, Fortune Hex/Borric
Conditions in Effect:
--Mage Armor (Nathan)
--Vanish (Zelena) 2/3
--Haste (party) 4/6; +1 to attacks, AC & Ref saves
--Bless (party) 28/30; +1 to attacks & save vs. fear
--Fortune hex (Borric)
--Flaming Sphere (Sylvain) 5/6
--Poisoned (Zelena) 6/6, consec. saves: 0
For the next six rounds Zelena will need to make a DC 19 Fort save or suffer the effects of poison. Two consecutive saves will end the effect.

Enemy Status:
Champion (AC 21): 22 damage taken; Lightly wounded[/sblock]

--- -- Old Crone -- ---

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

The mote finally lands on all fours, its skin fully shaped into that of a weasel. It seems a bit unsteady on its new legs, however, quite clumsily moving in, though its teeth seem nonetheless capable of finding a weak point in the scorpion's hide.

"Okay, so the thing with claws is grabby," Nathan mutters. "I probably should have thought of that. Borric, this'll probably feel icky, but it should help you stay out of that thing's claws!" the sorcerer calls out.

An oddly bottom-heavy mote materializes, and at Nathan's nod, arcs over to Borric, bursting open on contact with the fighter's armor, which is quickly covered with a sheen from the slick contents of the mote.

[sblock=ooc]Nathan's casting Grease on Borric's armor. +10 vs. grapple attempts (and to Escape Artist and CMB checks to escape a grapple).

Since he has a fair number of changes from base (DR from bloodline, celestial template, augment summoning), I added a mini-stat block for the summoned weasel.

Weasel does a 5-foot step to J10 and attacks.

I'm a little unclear on the reach rules and 5-foot step. The 5-foot step description says that using it always avoids AoO, and only creatures with a base speed of 5 or less are prohibited from using that action. However, the Tiny creatures rules say they provoke on an attack since they're entering the square. My assumption is that 5-foot step is the exception to the general rule, but I threw in a (very bad) Acro roll in case you disagree:

Acro check. (1d20+10=11)

Assuming he survives / can make his attack, Weasel hits, doing minimum damage, but getting his Attach ability, which means he'll get auto-damage going forward.

Attack; damage (min 1) (1d20+4=21, 1d3-3=-2) [/sblock]

[sblock=Weasel mini-stats] Rounds remain: 5/6
AC: 15 T: 14 F: 13
Saves: F: +4, Ref +4, Will +1
Speed: 20 ft/ Climb 20 ft
Melee: Bite +4, (1d3-3 plus attach)
HP: 6
DR 3/ evil
Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 5[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours), Haste (4/6 rounds)
* 1 extra attack at full BAB when using a full attack action.
* +1 bonus to attacks
* +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves (lost if Dex is lost)
* +30 ft all movement modes (max of 2x normal speed)

In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) <20 w/ Haste>
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* <+6 (Haste)> Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 4/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 3/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Remove ads