[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun - Page 49




+ Log in or register to post
Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 726
  1. #481
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,022

    Ignore GlassEye
    Borric convinces the others to sleep closer to the wall of rock and Nathan believes it will be easier to mask the group's presence with less area for his illusion to cover.

    And so Borric, Nathan, and Sylvain bed down while Zelena takes the first watch. As the night progresses the wind picks up and whistles around the peaks. Dark clouds roll in making the dim light dimmer still though the gnome can see well enough. The clouds begin dropping hail and the quiet patter of the ice pellets against the stone is very lulling. Suddenly Zelena realizes that the sound of the hail has changed and taken on a more metallic tone. Looking about she sees a dwarf in plates of armor has stepped onto the stone bridge and stopped. The dwarf's head is tilted as if listening for something...

    OOC: Combat: Round One. Zelena is up. Everyone else is sleeping.
    (Thanks for the heads up on your absence, PM. We'll wait as needed. Have a good time!)

    Combat Information

    The little bit of hail that has fallen is not enough to affect terrain.

    Initiative:
    You all
    Armored Dwarf

    Map:


    Party:
    Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
    Nathan: 38/38 hit points remaining
    Sylvain: 50/50 hit points remaining
    Zelena: 42/42 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor (x2); Zelena: Ant Haul, Summon Monster 2 (x2); Sylvain: Flight Hex
    Conditions in Effect:
    --Fatigued (cannot run/charge; -2 Dex; -2 Str)

    Enemy Status:
    Armored Dwarf (AC 24): 0 damage taken; unwounded

 

  • #482
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    Questions
    From the hike up, was there any place a well armored person could have come from? (I mean did the trail split off at all, was there a small tower or anything for an armored foe to come from)?

    The dwarf, does he seem to be be an average dwarf? (no deguer or the like?) Knowledge (geography) for the culture side... 1d20+2=5 (nevermind)

    Does the dwarf seem hostile? Sense Motive 1d20+11=24

    ((Stealth 1d20+10=26...))

    Seeing the dwarf the gnome crouches low and watches the dwarf. She raises her crossbow...

    Should the dwarf start to move the gnome will call out, trying to make her voice sound more deep and haughty, "Halt! Stay where you are and state your intentions! Come closer and we will protect ourselves!" ((bluff 1d20+11=27 ))


    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 3 of 42
    CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +9
    In Hand: crossbow +7 (1d6)
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Ant Haul, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Summon Monster 2 (x2), Remove Paralysis(d)

    Arcane Spell Slots
    • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
    • (1st level - DC 13 - 3 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish

    Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining.

  • #483
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,022

    Ignore GlassEye
    Zelena casts her thoughts back over the climb up the mountain. She can think of no place that the armored dwarf could have come from, no branching of the trail, no tower seen that could house warriors. No place except inside Khuldun itself.

    Crouched as she is, the dwarf seems to look right past Zelena as it scans the ledge and while Zelena isn't totally certain it isn't a duergar the unholy red gleam of the creature's eyes indicate it is something more than just a dwarf, whatever its cultural group.

    Though it doesn't seem to see Zelena its gaze does stop and linger on the three sleeping along the ledge's wall. Even before it raises the large two-handed axe clasped in its gauntlet-clad hands Zelena is convinced the thing has mischief on its mind...

    OOC: Combat: Round One. Zelena is up. Everyone else is sleeping.

    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    You all
    Armored Dwarf

    Map:


    Party:
    Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
    Nathan: 38/38 hit points remaining
    Sylvain: 50/50 hit points remaining
    Zelena: 42/42 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor (x2); Zelena: Ant Haul, Summon Monster 2 (x2); Sylvain: Flight Hex
    Conditions in Effect:
    --Fatigued (cannot run/charge; -2 Dex; -2 Str)

    Enemy Status:
    Armored Dwarf (AC 24): 0 damage taken; unwounded

  • #484
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    Seeing an intent that she does not like Zelena reveals her position by yelling to wake the others, "Enemy at the bridge! Enemy at the bridge!" She then calls upon her arcane powers... a slick sludge of a brownish goo forms between her companions and the dwarf.

    Yell (free), Cast grease (7-D & E, and 8-D & E) DC 13 Ref save (standard), She moves to 9-F, droping her crossbow and takes up her battle axe and shield as she does. (move)

    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 3 of 42
    CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +9
    In Hand: crossbow +7 (1d6)
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Ant Haul, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Summon Monster 2 (x2), Remove Paralysis(d)

    Arcane Spell Slots
    • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
    • (1st level - DC 13 - 2 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish

    Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining.

  • #485
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,528

    Ignore jkason

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    ooc
    What type of action is waking up? i.e., can the rest of us do anything other than waking this round?


    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours), Fatigued

    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 38/38
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
    3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #486
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,022

    Ignore GlassEye
    Sleeping & Waking
    Quote Originally Posted by jkason View Post
    What type of action is waking up? i.e., can the rest of us do anything other than waking this round?
    That's a good question. Searching the rules I didn't find anything except the rules under Sleep which obviously accounts for effects that aren't applicable here. Considering someone is yelling not too far away you won't be failing your Perception check. I'm inclined to say waking up is a move action but with the lack of other rules stating one way or the other, perhaps it should be a free action. Any of you have other thoughts/arguments for it one way or the other?

  • #487
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    Not too helpful... But if you think about it, once awake, you are awake. It is taking the actions after that take time. I would suggest, that waking up is something like a swift or immediate action. It takes a small bit of time.

    From D&D 4E
    Take this for what it is... from D&D 4E (p.263 Players Handbook))

    Sleeping and Waking Up

    "...When you’re asleep, you’re unconscious (see “Conditions,” page 277). You wake up if you take damage or if you make a successful Perception check (with a –5 penalty) to hear sounds of danger. An ally can wake you up by shaking you (a standard action) or by shouting (a free action)."

    UNCONSCIOUS condition is listed as (p.277)
    ✦ You’re helpless.
    ✦ You take a –5 penalty to all defenses.
    ✦ You can’t take actions.
    ✦ You fall prone, if possible.
    ✦ You can’t flank an enemy
    Last edited by Songdragon; Friday, 31st August, 2012 at 01:54 AM.

  • #488
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,022

    Ignore GlassEye
    GM: Thanks, Songdragon, that is helpful. I'm ruling waking to be a 'No Action'. The perception is reactive, the DC is low enough that everyone can make it with taking 10, so you wake, are prone, and have your full actions you can take.

  • #489
    Hearing the gnome's warnings, Syl wakes from his nap, and pulls himself to his feet. He sees the dwarf coming toward the group, and uses one of his trusty magicks on Borric. "Wake up and smash this fellow, Borric!"

    OOC: Move action-stand, standard action-Fortune Hex on Borric, Free Action--talk.


    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 7
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
    In Hand: Nothing







    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison

    Hexes DC 18
    • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.


  • #490
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,077
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric mumbles sleepily as he reaches wakefulness, "honey, do that-"

    "Eh!? Ambushed? I'm awake."


    The fighter sends the lighted orb spinning around his head so he can see and rolls to his feet. He takes a step forward and quickly draws his flail that was still on his belt while sleeping.

    Actions
    Move action to send Ioun Torch whirling around head.
    Standard Action to stand up
    Free Actions: 5ft step to F11 & quick draw flail
    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 17 (26 w/ shield & platemail, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 73 Current: 73
    CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & flail
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Kickstarter Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 01:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 05:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 04:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 10:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 12:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •