[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun - Page 50




What's on your mind?

  1. #491
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,516

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Zelena's call to arms wakes everyone up and in the adrenaline-fueled moments immediately after coming out of sleep that set hearts to pounding Borric, Nathan, and Sylvain see what Zelena's warning call was about. A dwarven warrior now illuminated by the stone of light that spins around Borric stands on the bridge leading to Khuldun, two-handed axe in hand, and looking as if he is about ready to charge forward.

    OOC: Combat: Round One. Nathan is up. Everyone else has acted.

    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    You all
    Armored Dwarf

    Map:


    Party:
    Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
    Nathan: 38/38 hit points remaining
    Sylvain: 50/50 hit points remaining
    Zelena: 42/42 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor (x2); Zelena: Ant Haul, Summon Monster 2 (x2); Sylvain: Flight Hex
    Conditions in Effect:
    --Fatigued (cannot run/charge; -2 Dex; -2 Str)

    Enemy Status:
    Armored Dwarf (AC 24): 0 damage taken; unwounded

 

  • #492
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,516

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    OOC: Looks like jkason has been inundated, perhaps literally. I'll NPC Nathan until his return.


    Nathan struggles out of his bedroll and clambers to his feet. He thinks he heard Zelena casting a spell but he knows that without his full two hours of sleep he is still weary and so he asks the motes to encourage himself and his companions. Very dim motes fly out from around the sorcerer to each of the others anointing them with a golden touch and filling them with courage before winking out. Nathan casts Bless.

    With brighter light cast by the ioun torch orbiting Borric the dwarf can be seen more clearly. His armor is battered and dented and looks like it has taken some heavy hits. Of the dwarf himself little can be seen within the armor but it begins to step forward then stops and lets out a low breathy moan. The sound is chilling in its unnaturalness.

    OOC: Combat: Round Two. Everyone is up.

    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    You all
    Armored Dwarf

    Map:


    Party:
    Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
    Nathan: 38/38 hit points remaining
    Sylvain: 50/50 hit points remaining
    Zelena: 42/42 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor (x2), Bless; Zelena: Ant Haul, Summon Monster 2 (x2); Sylvain: Flight Hex

    Conditions in Effect:
    --Fatigued (cannot run/charge; -2 Dex; -2 Str)
    --Bless, +1 attacks, +1 saves vs. fear

    Enemy Status:
    Armored Dwarf (AC 24): 0 damage taken; unwounded

  • #493
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,831

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    ooc
    Very, very sorry for worrying everyone. Isaac didn't cause nearly the chaos folks thought it would 'round here, but the rest of my life managed to make up the difference.

    Thanks for the NPC, GE. And apologies, again, for making it necessary.


    Nathan shudders as he hears the sound of the dwarven ... whatever it is. His head still bleary, however, he can't seem to focus enough to figure out just what kind of differences might help identify it. He reaches for the small shovel he'd purchased, but bites his lip as the motes apparently speak to him.

    "You can't?" he says, mildly surprised, then sighs. "All right. Then let's at least see if we can't get ourselves up to speed, as it were."

    At Nathan's urging, a second quartet of motes speeds out, spinning and quivering as if the tiny celestials were themselves hyperactive. As each of the party comes into contact with a mote, that energy is passed to them, charging them up.

    Actions
    Know: Arcana (1d20+7=11)
    Thought about pulling out Create Pit for the first time, but it turns out the duration isn't dismissable, which might be problematic. So, we'll go with another buff:

    Standard: Cast Haste

    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours), Fatigued, Haste 6/6 rounds

    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19) 20
    touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
    HP: 38/38
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 5/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
    3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 3/4

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #494
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691

    Ignore Gerald007
    My communities:

    The witch cackles and continues to use his fortuitous magic on his warrior friend. Enjoying the power of altering both his and his opponent's luck, Syl attempts to Hex the enemy, making it much more difficult to do anything productive. 'Tougher for the dwarf, easier for Borric. How about that, Waltor?"

    OOC: Move action-Cackle Fortune hex for Borric, standard action-MisFortune Hex on dwarf. 18 DC will save to resist, or have to roll twice to hit for next round, Free Action--talk.


    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 7
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
    In Hand: Nothing







    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison

    Hexes DC 18
    • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.


  • #495
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Zelena peers over to Borric and the others before she acts and says, "I can dismiss the spell if you need me to?"

  • #496
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,422
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric shakes his head, "Not yet, lass. Maybe I can jump around it to the left."

    "What is that dwarf, a ghost?"


    The fighter moves to the edge of the greased area, letting the glow of his lighted orb reach the dwarven visitor. He readied his shield as he went.

    Twirling the spiked head of his flail around, Borric awaits to unleash it if the dwarf closes in.

    Actions
    Move action to D9, readying shield en route
    Standard Action: Readied flail attack if the target gets within reach.
    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 21 (26 w/platemail, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 73 Current: 73
    CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Fatigue (-2 Dex/Str), Hasted, Blessed, Fortune Hexed

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & flail
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #497
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,516

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Nathan's spell settles on everyone in the group bestowing a bit of extra energy to them all. The sorcerer studies the dwarf thinking that there is something unnatural about it but can't quite place what it is. Perhaps, his thoughts are seeking down the wrong path of knowledge. Meanwhile, Sylvain's cackle echoes around the peaks of the mountain in odd counterpoint to the dwarf's moan. Borric steps forward preparing to engage the dented dwarven warrior looking for an easy way around Zelena's grease. He thinks he could probably squeeze past or hop over the corner.

    OOC: Combat: Round Two. Zelena is up. (PM, sqeezing through C8 would cost Borric two movement points but is possible.)

    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    You all
    Armored Dwarf

    Map:


    Party:
    Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
    Nathan: 38/38 hit points remaining
    Sylvain: 50/50 hit points remaining
    Zelena: 42/42 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor (x2), Bless; Zelena: Ant Haul, Summon Monster 2 (x2); Sylvain: Flight Hex

    Conditions in Effect:
    --Fatigued (cannot run/charge; -2 Dex; -2 Str)
    --Bless, +1 attacks, +1 saves vs. fear

    Enemy Status:
    Armored Dwarf (AC 24): 0 damage taken; unwounded

  • #498
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691

    Ignore Gerald007
    My communities:

    OOC: DM, what Knowledge skill might reveal more about this fella?


    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 7
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
    In Hand: Nothing







    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison

    Hexes DC 18
    • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.

    [/QUOTE]

  • #499
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,516

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    OOC
    Run up next to it for a better look and I'll let you know. A Perception check might reveal details that could be used to figure out the correct area of knowledge.

  • #500
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    "Okay then..." the gnome replies to Borric. She calls upon her arcane powers and vanishes from sight. She is then on the move and attempts to jump over the corner of the grease...

    Cast Vanish
    Move D-9, E-9, jump over D-8 (acrobatics 1d20+10=23), land in C-7, move to C-6
    Stealth check (invisible) with movement 1d20+10+20=38


    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 3 of 42
    CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +9
    In Hand: crossbow +7 (1d6)
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Ant Haul, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Summon Monster 2 (x2), Remove Paralysis(d)

    Arcane Spell Slots
    • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
    • (1st level - DC 13 - 1 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish

    Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Press Releases & Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 01:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 05:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 04:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 10:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 12:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •