[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun - Page 55




  1. #541
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    "I am sure that with the amount of dust around, it should be easy enough to tell if someone has passed. That also means that should someone come along, even though it does seem to have been years, they will know someone is about as well." she says motioning to the tracks that the group is leaving in the dust.
    Last edited by Songdragon; Wednesday, 26th September, 2012 at 08:01 PM.

 

  • #542
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691

    Ignore Gerald007
    Assuming the group had no other ideas, the witch utters a few strange syllables and his Web spell stretches over the stairs leading down, hopefully blocking anyone sneaking up on them from behind for the next our or so.


    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 7
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
    In Hand: Nothing







    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm, Web^
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison

    Hexes DC 18
    • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric and Zelena, Misfortune on the dwarf, and Flight on himself.

    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

  • #543
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,487

    Ignore GlassEye
    GM: Nathan reached 7th level on 9/19 with 23,020 xp. Congrats! I'll post up the full xp chart in the next day or so.

  • #544
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,487

    Ignore GlassEye
    Leaving the web-blocked stair behind Borric and Zelena lead the group down the hall. Soon the passage opens up into a chamber and Nathan sends his motes of light darting forward to illuminate the chamber beyond the reach of the light of Borric's ioun torch.

    With the entire chamber lit up it is clear that this room is different from those empty rooms on the upper level: the dust on the floor is disturbed and both the small tracks and the larger shuffling tracks can be seen throughout the room. On the far wall from the entrance where the group stands is another doorway, 15 feet wide and equally tall. The doors which would normally close this portal appear to have been battered from their hinges and lie on the floor. Panels on the door gleam in the light like gold.

    The doorway itself is almost entirely sealed by a wall of small stones from floor to ceiling. The only break in the wall is a low doorway two-and-a-half feet wide and three small holes up near the top of the wall that may be arrow slits. As if summoned by the thought a string twangs and a bolt bounces off Borric's armor.

    OOC: Combat: Round One. Everyone is up. Take your time; jkason will need to level Nathan to 7th.

    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    You all
    ???

    Map:


    Party:
    Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
    Nathan: ??/?? hit points remaining
    Sylvain: 50/50 hit points remaining
    Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor; Sylvain: Web

    Conditions in Effect:
    --None current

    Enemy Status:
    ??? 1 (AC 25); 0 damage; unwounded; improved cover
    ??? 2 (AC 25); 0 damage; unwounded; improved cover
    ??? 3 (AC 25); 0 damage; unwounded; improved cover

  • #545
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,393
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    OOC
    Is the D Column(7-9) in a blind spot next to the wall? Sounds like the arrow slits are high, so a person could have cover from them right below or standing in between, yeah?

    What about the doors on the floor, are they difficult terrain?
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #546
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,487

    Ignore GlassEye
    Borric's tactical mind quickly assesses the room and sight-lines from the crude holes serving as arrow slits within the wall. Due to the placement high on the wall and the restricted construction of the holes from a lack of proper fortification design Borric believes the space directly beneath the holes and the corners of the room farthest from where the group now stands would be safe from arrow fire. The narrow wooden door in the wall blocking the doorway is poorly constructed as well. These additions to the room do not exhibit the solid craftsmanship common to dwarven construction. The doors adorned with golden reliefs also look heavy enough and the relief-work shallow enough that moving across them should present no problem.

    OOC
    All of column D is safe from arrow fire. Doors on the floor are not difficult terrain.

  • #547
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,393
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



    Borric quickly draws his special flail, mageslayer, and remarks with a snarl, "Oh, these cowards are going to get it. Shock and awe!"

    "I am coming for you, ya bastards!"


    Despite his heavy armor, the trained fighter is actually able to move quickly and Borric runs across the gap to reach the wall. He hunches a bit to keep out of the line of fire and tries to peer over his raised shield to look through the slits.

    Actions
    Run to D7; Quick draw shock flail
    Mini Stats
    Borric Hawkins
    Initiative:
    +4
    AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 73 Current: 73
    CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #548
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    Seeing Borric head off Zelena follows suit. The small armored figure sprints across the room to the man's side. Reaching the wall she is starting to breath heavily. She takes a quick look about the room.

    (( Move to D-6 by Running. ))

    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
    In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
    • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
    • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)

    Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining.
    Last edited by Songdragon; Wednesday, 26th September, 2012 at 08:03 PM.

  • #549
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691

    Ignore Gerald007
    Syl wasn't convinced rushing into a new position blindly was the greatest move. There could be a trap over there. Rather than expose the whole squad, he holds his ground on the same side of the room. It would much easier for him to step back out of range of the weapon. If the others were engaged, he could run over there, if necessary.

    OOC: Syl will move back 15', making sure nothing bad happens to those moving through the room this round.









    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 7
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
    In Hand: Nothing







    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm, Web^
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison

    Hexes DC 18
    • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric and Zelena, Misfortune on the dwarf, and Flight on himself.


  • #550
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,487

    Ignore GlassEye
    As Borric nears the wall he realizes the makeshift arrow slits are higher than he first thought and are positioned on the wall about three or four feet above his head. Zelena dashes up alongside Borric and Nathan follows not long after. Sylvain slips back into the shadows as his companions take cover in the shadow of the wall.

    Within the wall can be heard a scrabbling and the muffled sound of voices.

    OOC: Combat: Round Two. Everyone is up. Sorry I was unclear about location of the 'arrowslits'. They are about 10 ft up from the floor.

    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    You all
    ???

    Map:
    Note: Sylvain is 15 ft back and off the map.


    Party:
    Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
    Nathan: ??/?? hit points remaining
    Sylvain: 50/50 hit points remaining
    Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor; Sylvain: Web

    Conditions in Effect:
    --None current

    Enemy Status:
    ??? 1 (AC 25); 0 damage; unwounded; improved cover
    ??? 2 (AC 25); 0 damage; unwounded; improved cover
    ??? 3 (AC 25); 0 damage; unwounded; improved cover

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Press Releases & Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 01:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 05:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 04:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 10:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 12:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •