[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric can see squat looking up through the slits in the wall, there are too high up. But, he is not concerned.

He smiles over at Zelena and then Nate.

"We got them right where we want them, eh."

Borric proceeds to take out his aggression on the makeshift wall, bashing away with his shocking flail.

[sblock=Actions]Full Attack: 1st Attack Flail (1d20+14=30, 1d8+8+1d6=16)
2nd Attack Flail (1d20+9=16, 1d8+8+1d6=11)
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4
AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"That's right Borric... give it too them!" Zelena calls out. She nods to Nate, "Good to see you joining us." And silently nods to Syl, wisely choosing to remaining back and hidden until the enemy shows itself. "Good work all."

((Inspiring Command: +2 insight bonus on attack rolls, AC, combat maneuver defense, and skill checks for 1 round for Borric, Nat, and not sure if you can Inspire yourself? ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
6Conditions:
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 58 of 58
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining. [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
There is a rain of dust, grit, and small bits of stone as Borric lays into the wall with his flail. The damage to the wall seems small though there is evidence that Borric isn't the first to batter it. From the sounds that can be heard from the holes, whatever is behind the wall is preparing their retaliation.

OOC: Combat: Round Two. Nathan & Sylvain are up.

[sblock=Combat Information]

Initiative:
You all
???

Map:
Note: Sylvain is 15 ft back and off the map.

Party:
Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
Nathan: ??/?? hit points remaining
Sylvain: 50/50 hit points remaining
Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor; Sylvain: Web

Conditions in Effect:
--None current

Enemy Status:
??? 1 (AC 25); 0 damage; unwounded; improved cover
??? 2 (AC 25); 0 damage; unwounded; improved cover
??? 3 (AC 25); 0 damage; unwounded; improved cover
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric glances at Nate and Zelena, between swings.

"Maybe there is a secret door in this wall. The blighters probably have a way to get into this room."

[sblock=Actions]Free Action talking[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4
AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Nathan points out the low space between the wall and the older, better constructed frame of the dwarven built doorway. Though low and narrow, just over two feet wide, and blocked with boards that make up a crude door it is clearly the method that whatever is back there uses to pass through their fortification. The door looks like it could be easily ripped from the wall or battered away. The narrow passage would be a squeeze but looks to be manageable.

Gerald007

First Post
Sylvain continues to hold his ground, away from his team. He hoped he had made the correct decision, trying to not have everyone balled up together. "I hope we haven't screwed things up too badly, Waltor."

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 7
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 58 of 58
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm, Web^
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
  • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric and Zelena, Misfortune on the dwarf, and Flight on himself.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
OOC: So, so, so sorry, folks. RL (i.e. work) went from fine to overwhelming at breakneck speed, and I've not had the time or energy to even look at the boards when I collapse at home. :( I'm hoping I've gotten myself into a new rhythm enough to get back in the swing here. Repeated apologies.

And: ack! Not only did I miss combat, but a level up! I'm working on the level up fast as I can. GlassEye, since I've thrown everything so out of whack with my absence, should I just run Nathan in this one at level 6?

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)

In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 5/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 3/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]jkason, we've slowed a bit but not terribly and it's certainly not as out of whack as you might feel. Playing this encounter at level 6 would just be a hassle for you; the leveling is done & approved and we haven't gotten into the meat of the encounter so go ahead and play at Nathan's actual level. I'll give you a bit more time to make a post if you are able. I'd rather take it a little slower and let you post than to post for you.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

[sblock=ooc]Thanks for being understanding, GE. Let's see if some of Nathan's new tricks are helpful[/sblock]

"Sounds like our new buddies are planning a warm reception on the other end of that door. Maybe I can give them one of our own?" Nathan offers, nodding his head to indicate Borric should take a quick step away.

The sorcerer makes a tossing motion with his hand, and a dark gray mote arcs across the space to the floor. As it travels, it expands even as its color changes: first to a lighter gray, then through the warm color spectrum until it bursts into flame, taking up the space Borric had just vacated.

With another nod from Nathan, the fiery, overgrown mote charges the door, sending it up in flames.

[sblock=ooc]With a full attack, I think Borric still had a 5' move that he could use this round? If so, then the above applies. Casting Flaming sphere in the square in front of the door, then using the move action to burn through it. The spell says it ignites flammable objects, so I'm not sure if the fire damage roll is necessary or not, but just in case:

Fire damage to door (3d6=13)

If you rule Borric can't move until next round, then we'll go with a Haste.

If it's okay, I'll go ahead and post Nathan's move action for next round, as well, since otherwise folks get blocked: order the flaming sphere down whatever walkway there is past the burnt door to clear the way for Borric.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours), Flaming Sphere (6/7 rounds remaining)

In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 44/44
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 5/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 4/5

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Borric steps out of the way of Nathan's burning mote which moves forward until it hits the flimsy door. Bathed in flame the door begins to smolder and blacken then burn as it catches fire. Zelena is able to tear the flaming door away opening the narrow passageway.

At that moment, the room goes black, darker than a starless night and with a feeling of oppressiveness. There is heard a <twang> as if from a fired crossbow, a crack as the bolt strikes the wall near Zelena and sprays her with fine stone particles, and a clatter as the bolt ricochets harmlessly away.

Operating on instinct and memory Nathan directs the mote into the narrow passage and is rewarded with a shrill scream.

OOC: Combat: Round Three. Everyone is up. Nathan has a standard action remaining. Perception checks with your actions, please.

[sblock=Combat Information]

Initiative:
You all
???

Map:
Note: Sylvain is 15 ft back and off the map.

Party:
Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
Nathan: 44/44 hit points remaining
Sylvain: 50/50 hit points remaining
Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor, Flaming Sphere; Sylvain: Web

Conditions in Effect:
--None current

Enemy Status:
??? 1 (AC 17); 13 damage; badly injured
??? 2 (AC 17); 0 damage; unwounded
??? 3 (AC 17); 0 damage; unwounded