[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun - Page 58




What's on your mind?

  1. #571
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,422
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ° Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



    Borric gins the little bastard a wicked grin, "Ho ho! Out of the fire and into the frying pan."

    He starts going to work on the only target he can take his frustration out on. He bashes with the electrifying mageslayer flail and takes out the foe's legs, smashing him again once he is down. Checking once more, he thinks he just whacked the snot out of a corpse.

    Mini Stats
    Borric Hawkins
    Initiative:
    +4
    AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 73 Current: 73
    CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO),

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

 

  • #572
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691

    ° Ignore Gerald007
    My communities:

    OOC: DM, I actually have 58 hp, not 50 at max. But that still smarts, lol!


    From his back, Sylvain knew he was in trouble. He attempts to protect himself and cast a spell, knowing there was a strong chance it might not work. "I need help back here, guys," he screams as he knew he was outnumbered and in a bit of a spot.

    He was surprised he succeeded as a stream of Wasps erupted from his mouth, pouring forward to engulf the hound.


    OOC: Free action-talk. Standard action-cast Vomit Swarm to appear on the hound. Move action-none.





    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 7
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
    In Hand: Nothing







    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm, Web^
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic^, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison

    Hexes DC 18
    • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric and Zelena, Misfortune on the dwarf.

    Last edited by Gerald007; Tuesday, 9th October, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

  • #573
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,830

    ° Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    Nathan swears silently as he hears the sounds of attack coming from behind and Sylvain's call for help. Deciding Sylvain is in worse need than the effective cleric and fighter combined, Nathan scrambles to get an angle on the hallway, leaving the narrow entry into the room from the other end blocked by the flaming sphere.

    "All right. They aren't the only ones who can build walls. Right, boys?" the sorcerer calls out. There is a bright glow to the air as a stream of motes rushes out the room and into the hallway. As each mote reaches the line between the four-legged assailant and Sylvain, it smashes flat as if against an invisible barrier. Each impact also reveals more and more of a previously-nonexistent wall, until the hallway is fully blocked by the magical construction.

    ooc
    Since we seem to have them coming at us from both sides, I'm figuring blocking one entrance with the sphere for now is probably a decent choice so that I can try to help disentangle Sylvain from his trouble:

    Move to J9 to gain line of effect into the hallway, then
    Standard Cast Silent Image to produce an apparent wall blocking the hallway at 7 8 9 on the line between V and W (since it's an illusion, I don't think it has to actually have depth to appear to have it from either side?) Will save DC 16 to disbelieve if interacted with (which I think only involves the animal for now?)


    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours), Flaming Sphere (4/7 rounds remaining), Vanish (4/5 rounds remaining), Silent Image (standard action to maintain concentration in subsequent rounds)

    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19) 20
    touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
    HP: 44/44
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 3/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
    3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 4/5

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #574
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ° Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Zelena whacks out at the dwarf with her heavy mace, "Heeeeeya!" The mace connects solidly, but the gnome does not seem to hit very hard.

    And as she is flanking with Borric, she strikes out at the dwarf again, "Get back to where you came from..." Her weapon does not seem to do so well as the dwarf knocks it aside with relative ease. Zelena huffs in disappointment.

    ((AoO with Mithral Heavy Mace +1 1d20+7=18 (Hit!)for a whooper of a 1d6+1=2 damage!

    Attack with Mithral Heavy Mace +1 1d20+9=12 (Miss) ))


    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
    In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
    • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
    • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)

    Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysiumĺs Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining.

  • #575
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,422
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ° Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    OOC: I think Borric needs some results before posting Round 4. Thanks.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #576
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,516

    ° Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    As the derro moves forward Zelena raps it with her mace then Borric knocks the creature’s feet out from under him with his flail. It falls hard and everyone near can hear as its skull hits the paved floor with a solid crack. A quick flick and the entangling bits of the flail slip free and the fighter brings it around in a very effective attack that leaves the derro unmoving on the floor.

    Sylvain fights off the poison and manages to cast his spell and the angry swarm of wasps crawl from between his lips and flies forward to attack the shadowy hound. The hound shakes in an attempt to dislodge the stinging wasps.

    Nathan’s motes quickly intercede between the shadow hound and Sylvain and build a wall to protect the witch and give him a chance to act with less threat from the other creatures.


    OOC: Combat: Round Four. Borric & Zelena still to go for the round.

    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    You all
    Derro

    Map:




    Party:
    Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
    Nathan: 44/44 hit points remaining
    Sylvain: 44/58 hit points remaining; 2 STR dmg.
    Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor, Flaming Sphere, Vanish, Silent Image; Sylvain: Dispel Magic, Web, Vomit Swarm; Zelena: Inspiring Command (x1)

    Conditions in Effect:
    --Sylvain: prone & in darkness
    --Nathan: invisible (3/5 rnds)

    Enemy Status:
    Derro 1 (AC 17); 31 damage; dead
    Derro 2 (AC 17); 0 damage; unwounded
    Derro 3 (AC 25); 0 damage; unwounded; improved cover
    Shadow Hound (AC ?); 7 damage; lightly injured; nauseated
    Last edited by GlassEye; Friday, 12th October, 2012 at 05:24 AM.

  • #577
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ° Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Seeing one dead dwarf she nods to Borric and takes the opportunity to give him and those close by some words of inspiration, "Good work boys!" Lets take it too them!"

    ((Inspiring command: gain a +2 insight bonus on attack rolls, AC, combat maneuver defense, and skill checks for 1 round))

    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
    In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
    • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
    • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)

    Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysiumĺs Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining.

  • #578
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,422
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ° Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    OOC: GE, will Borric be able to attack Derro 3?
    Melee from D7 or D8? Or will it be Ranged against cover or improved cover from either D7 or E7?
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #579
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,516

    ° Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    OOC
    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    OOC: GE, will Borric be able to attack Derro 3?
    Melee from D7 or D8? Or will it be Ranged against cover or improved cover from either D7 or E7?
    Borric can just barely reach to attack Derro 3 with melee attacks though it will have improved cover. The same cover would apply to ranged attacks. AC 25 for the covered Derro.

  • #580
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ° Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    ooc
    In a Dragonstar (think D&D in space) game I was in once the orc had cover behind a table. Okay, I blast his cover. Somehow I remember rolling well and not only punching a hole through the table and the orc, but into the wall behind too. Good times! Go Borric, we know you have it in you!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Press Releases & Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 01:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 05:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 04:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 10:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 12:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •