[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun - Page 61




What's on your mind?

  1. #601
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691

    ° Ignore Gerald007
    My communities:

    "Thank you, Borric. You saved Waltor's and my skin right there. Watch out...I'm taking my wasps to help Nathan," the beaten witch says with a fire in his eye. Being able to see clearly, he directs the swarm toward the hound. "We are coming, Nathan and Zelena. Hold them off for a second more."

    OOC: Move action-redirect the swarm to head at its full movement toward the shadow hound. Second move action is to follow behind it, keeping it between Syl and the enemies.


    Edit: ignore the above. I forgot to roll my Will save and failed, lol.


    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 7
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
    In Hand: Nothing







    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm^, Web^
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic^, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison

    Hexes DC 18
    • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric and Zelena, Misfortune on the dwarf.

    Last edited by Gerald007; Friday, 26th October, 2012 at 12:17 AM.

 

  • #602
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ° Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    ((Will Save vs Hound's Fear 1d20+8=25 ))

    The gnome feels the hound's howl o straight to her bones but easily shakes off any ill effects. She steps to the side and strikes out with her mace again, "Annaya's will, you will be put down beast!"

    (( 5ft step to K-8, Attack with mace 1d20+7=23, for 1d6+1=5 damage ))


    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
    In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
    • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
    • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)

    Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysiumĺs Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining.

  • #603
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,617

    ° Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Sylvain flees into the warren of rooms the group has already explored with Waltor nipping at his ear in an attempt to get the witch to stop.

    GM: I'll do a full update after Nathan's save/action and Borric's other half a round.

  • #604
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,487
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ° Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



    Borric, suddenly able to see once again, spits on the fallen derro, "Ptuey!" and comments, "Dumb arse. Should have know better that to tangle with us."

    "Hang on, Nate! I am going to help smash that puppy."

    Whirling around, the armored fighter clanks back the way he came. Seeing the flaming ball of magic behind his companions, he asks as he gets closer, "Did you already kill that last bugger behind the barricade?"

    Actions
    Move to P9
    Mini Stats
    Borric Hawkins
    Initiative:
    +4
    AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 73 Current: 73
    CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO),

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    Last edited by perrinmiller; Tuesday, 30th October, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #605
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,900

    ° Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    Nathan smirks confidently as the dog takes its lashing, but as it howls, his usual cockiness falls away, replaced by an illogical, overwhemling fear.

    "I don't care! Don't give me this brave, noble hero shtick. Can't you hear that thing? Can't you... no. No, no, no, no..." Nathan continues his string of denial under his breath to the unseen motes, desperately looking for a path away from the beast's gaping maw.

    ooc
    Nathan fails his Will save:

    Will Save DC 16 (1d20+6=10)

    I'm a bit confused about Nathan's actions here, though, for this reason: since the text of Panicked explicitly says the character attempts to flee "the source of its fear, as well as any other dangers it encounters," (emphasis mine), my assumption is that would include avoiding AoO under the 'other dangers' list?

    Nathan's prone and in threat range from casting, so I don't believe there's a path for his actual retreat that wouldn't open him up to dangers. My assumption is that panick would stop Nathan from casting defensively, and since he knows he'd open himself up to danger by trying to stand (which he has to do to move) or cast, I'm inclined to treat him as cornered (full defense cowering).

    If he can cast defensively, then he'll cast Vanish (Cast defensively DC 17 (1d20+12=18)), then stand. I know a creature with scent would know he's still in the square, but I think invisibility would stop anything that can't see invisible from telling if a creature was standing? In any event, I'm reasonably confident that Nathan would think invisibility would shield him from attack, which is close enough that the Panicked condition would have him standing if he can manage invisibility, anyway.

    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours), Panicked, Prone, Flaming Sphere (1/7 rounds remaining)

    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19) 20
    touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
    HP: 33/44
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 1/8 (0/8 if he could cast defensively this round)
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
    3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 4/5

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #606
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,617

    ° Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    GM: jkason, this is my understanding: Nathan 'must flee at top speed away from the source' of his fear. He can't take any other actions. He can use his spells to help him flee but that's it. I don't believe an AoO can be counted as an 'other danger'. I think an other danger would be if during his flight he were to come across another hostile creature. I don't think being in a position where you'll provoke AoO if you move qualifies you for being cornered. I know it sucks but imo his options are to crawl away or stand up and run off.


    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    You all
    Derro

    Map:


    [repeating light crossbow at X9][Hall in darkness]


    Party:
    Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
    Nathan: 33/44 hit points remaining
    Sylvain: 39/58 hit points remaining; 2 STR dmg.
    Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor, Flaming Sphere, Vanish, Silent Image, Magic Missile; Sylvain: Dispel Magic, Web, Vomit Swarm;

    Conditions in Effect:
    --Sylvain: panicked 2/3
    --Nathan: prone & panicked 1/2

    Enemy Status:
    Derro 1 (AC 17); 31 damage; dead
    Derro 2 (AC 17); 27 damage; dead
    Derro 3 (AC 17); 29 damage; dead
    Derro 4 (AC 25); 20/25 hp remaining
    Shadow Hound (AC 18); 8/51 hp remaining

  • #607
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,900

    ° Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    ooc
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    jkason, this is my understanding: Nathan 'must flee at top speed away from the source' of his fear. He can't take any other actions. He can use his spells to help him flee but that's it.
    No worries. If you don't think the Vanish would qualify as a flee-aiding spell, then I say feel free to pick one of the two movement options (under the auspices that it's part of the 'random direction,' and also because I can't seem to find crawling rules this morning) and Nathan can reap what he's sown by letting himself be in the middle of the kill room without any other protection.

    That'll teach him not to use that circle of protection when he has the chance.
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #608
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,617

    ° Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    With fear contorting his face Nathan scrambles back from the hound limbs wildly flailing and pushing himself away. While not fully protecting himself the hound lunges forward and snaps at the sorcerer tearing open a new wound on Nathan's leg. One he has gotten away from the immediate threat of the teeth Nathan leaps to his feet in preparation to continue his fearful flight.

    Since Nathan is fleeing and Borric not yet arrived the hound wheels on the closest threat: Zelena. It bites at Zelena and slaps at her with its heavy mace-like tail but neither attack gets past her armor.

    There is the sound of another bolt ricocheting from the floor near Nathan providing an obvious answer to Borric's question of whether or not the last derro was killed yet.

    Running wide around the hound Nathan flees for the hallway that Sylvain previously disappeared down. Sylvain continues to flee, though once out of sight and hearing of the hound his fear begins to lessen a little. If he thinks of returning it threatens to overwhelm him again and so he continues to move away.

    OOC: Combat: Round Eight. Nathan & Sylvain continue to flee. Borric & Zelena are up.

    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    You all
    Derro

    Map:


    Party:
    Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
    Nathan: 25/44 hit points remaining
    Sylvain: 39/58 hit points remaining; 2 STR dmg.
    Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor, Flaming Sphere, Vanish, Silent Image, Magic Missile; Sylvain: Dispel Magic, Web, Vomit Swarm;

    Conditions in Effect:
    --Sylvain: panicked 1/3
    --Nathan: prone & panicked 0/2

    Enemy Status:
    Derro 1 (AC 17); 31 damage; dead
    Derro 2 (AC 17); 27 damage; dead
    Derro 3 (AC 17); 29 damage; dead
    Derro 4 (AC 25); 20/25 hp remaining
    Shadow Hound (AC 18); 8/51 hp remaining

  • #609
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,487
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ° Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



    Borric has his avenue of attack all lined up and he moves forward with the head of the shock flail twirling above his head, over his right shoulder. The clanking plate armor does nothing to slow the fighter's movements and maneuvers to catch the nefarious dog from the opposite side from Zelena.

    He brings the spiked ball down swooping in low to attempt hook the chain around the beast's leg and yank it off its feet.

    The attack succeeds and Borric smashed the spiked head down on the hounds shoulder with a satisfying impact. He exclaims, "There, ya lil' sh*te. Feel good?"

    "Lass, if you wanna deal with that last crossbowman, I think I can handle this puppy."


    Mini Stats
    Borric Hawkins
    Initiative:
    +4
    AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 73 Current: 73
    CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO),

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #610
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ° Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Zelena nods to Borric as she casts a concerned look to the way her companions have fled... but with one of the dastardly dwarves still sniping at them she makes for it...

    ((Move Either at B-7 or c7 depending if C7 is double moment to squeeze through (she is a gnome too)))

    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
    In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
    • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
    • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)

    Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysiumĺs Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Press Releases & Kickstarter Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 01:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 05:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 04:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 10:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 12:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •