[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun - Page 62


What's on your mind?

  1. #611
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,691
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Borric barely manages to knock the shadow mastiff onto its side and as it falls he brings his flail around for another attack. Despite an odd flickering into and out of shadows Borric manages to bash the mastiff. When he is done the creature is unmoving and looks dead.

    Zelena squeezes through the passage after the derro. On the other side is a rickety wood ladder that leads up to a walkway at the level of the crude arrow slits. The derro fires a bolt at Borric which is deflected by the fighter's armor. Hearing Zelena below the derro turns to face her.

    In the hallway just outside the room Nathan manages to shake off the effects of the fear caused by the mastiff's howl.

    OOC: Combat: Round Nine. Sylvain continue to flee for one more round. Others are up.

    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    You all
    Derro

    Map: (Not updated, sorry)


    Party:
    Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
    Nathan: 25/44 hit points remaining
    Sylvain: 39/58 hit points remaining; 2 STR dmg.
    Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor, Flaming Sphere, Vanish, Silent Image, Magic Missile; Sylvain: Dispel Magic, Web, Vomit Swarm;

    Conditions in Effect:
    --Sylvain: panicked 0/3

    Enemy Status:
    Derro 1 (AC 17); 31 damage; dead
    Derro 2 (AC 17); 27 damage; dead
    Derro 3 (AC 17); 29 damage; dead
    Derro 4 (AC 25); 20/25 hp remaining
    Shadow Hound (AC 18); -9/51 hp remaining; dead

 

  • #612
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,968
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    The chaos in his mind fading suddenly, Nathan found himself flummoxed as to what could have possessed him to open himself up to the nasty bite he now sported. But the chatter of panic was replaced with a more familiar one, and Nathan nodded as he looked up to the air above him.

    "Yes, yes, 'failings of humanity,' I get it," he snaps to the unseen motes. "Less harping and more payback, what do you say?" he adds, hurrying back to his companions.

    ooc
    I'm not sure how far away Nathan got. If he's able to get within line of effect with a move action, he'll burn his last level 1 slot on another bunch of magic missiles. If not, double move / run to get to a position where he does have line of effect.


    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19) 20
    touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
    HP: 25/44
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 1/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
    3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 4/5

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #613
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,691
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    GM: Nathan is at T7; close enough to see the derro through the hole in the wall with Borric providing the light with his ioun stone. One move action would definitely get Nathan within clear sight but I don't think even that is necessary. Go ahead and roll your MM dmg.

  • #614
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ý Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



    Borric looks down at the wreckage of the hound and thought the beast was tougher. He looks towards the makeshift wall where Zelena is chasing the last of the Derro.

    "Hmm, that was almost too easy. How we coming on that last bugger?"

    "And, where the fook did Syl go?"


    Actions
    Delay for results on Nate.

    OOC: Btw, I was surprised the Shadow Mastiff was down already.
    Mini Stats
    Borric Hawkins
    Initiative:
    +4
    AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 73 Current: 73
    CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO),

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #615
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,968
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    Having regained his bearings, and seeing the source of his illogical terror already taken care of, Nathan's eye is drawn to the Derro skulking above the wall. There is the faintest glow from Nathan's crown, and the backlighting from the minor aura casts his eyes in a cold, dark shadow.

    "Don't p**s off someone with divine retribution in his blood," he growls out, holding one hand palm up and making a throwing gesture. As he does so, four more motes materialize in his hand, then shoot across the room and smash into the Derro.



    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19) 20
    touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
    HP: 25/44
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 0/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
    3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 4/5

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #616
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Zelena peers back at Borric and rolls her eyes and says to herself, "What does he expect from the woman with the shortest legs here..."

    She hollars back at Borric, "Working on it!"

    She then starts up the ladder and managed to catch Nathan's spell plow into the back of the dwarf and nods with a smile.

    ((Not sure where climbing puts her and how much movement it all costs))

    If Zelena managed to make it to the Derro
    "Hi there..." and she swipes out hard from the side at the dwarf's midsection with her mace.

    Attack with Heavy Mace 1d20+7=19 for 1d6+1=5 damage if hit. I am not sure of the 25 AC counts this guys cover or not)
    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
    In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
    • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
    • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)

    Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysiumís Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining.

  • #617
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,691
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Nathan's motes pound the derro just as Zelena arrives and smashes him with her mace. The derro drops dead on the narrow walkway and silence settles over the room. It seems the threat in this room has been ended.

    Sylvain manages to shake off the effects of the mastiff's howl and make his way back to the chamber to meet up again with his traveling companions.

    Behind the derro wall is a warren of small rooms stinking of unwashed derro & dog and filled with trash and worthless items. However, searching the derro themselves turns up a bit of salvageable gear: each wears leather armor and carries a short sword and a repeating light crossbow. They also have collectively 20 normal bolts and 20 bolts slathered with some sort of poisonous substance.

    While the derro lair may not be the cleanest it would certainly be the easiest to defend should the group decide to rest before venturing down the stairs. And after wandering through dark and deserted halls for most of the day a rest would not be unwelcome.

    GM: PM, after Nathan blasted the hound with two sets of magic missiles and Sylvain hit it with a swarm there really wasn't much left of it.

    Also, first post updated with current xp and treasure totals.
    Last edited by GlassEye; Saturday, 3rd November, 2012 at 08:42 AM.

  • #618
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ý Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



    Borric sees Syl come back and gives the witch a look.

    "What happened to you? Get scared in the dark and run away?"

    Taking a look at some of the items, he whistles. Exclaiming, "Well, look at this repeating crossbow. I have not seen one of those in a while. You guys have a use for this? Got some nice poisoned bolts to go with, yeah."

    The brash fighter is starting to sound like a used cart salesman.

    OOC: Oh, I should read better. I thought it was 9 dmg, not 9HP remaining. lol
    Mini Stats
    Borric Hawkins
    Initiative:
    +4
    AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 73 Current: 73
    CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO),

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #619
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Gerald007
    My communities:

    "Har dee har har. That certainly did not go well. Apologies for my lack of help back there. I thought holding back instead of rushing forward with everyone else might have been a good idea. Stop laughing, Waltor! You certainly didn't help back there," Syl says with a huff, to his friend.

    "If you have any healing left for the day, I could certainly use some please, Zelena. We should be aware, so I bet my Web spell is getting close to losing its effectiveness."

    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 7
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
    In Hand: Nothing







    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm^, Web^
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic^, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison

    Hexes DC 18
    • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric and Zelena, Misfortune on the dwarf.


  • #620
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    "C'mon Borric, that is not nice. I suspect that hound's howl was rather unnatural in nature. And considering who it was with..." the gnomish woman says.

    "Of course, of course. Come around boys, I will tend to your wounds." Zelena says in a caring almost motherly way.

    (( Cure Critical Wounds on Syl... 4d8+7=22 damage healed.

    Cure Serious Wounds on Nathan 3d8+7=23 ))

    GE
    I was wondering, might we say the 100gp gem is a ruby, so she can crush it to dust so she might make her ioun stone less dispel-able? The spell would also take up a slot for the next day too. So I loose out on some coin and a spell slot until we rest again. Let me know what you think.
    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
    In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
    • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
    • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)

    Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysiumís Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Press Releases & Kickstarter Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 02:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 06:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 05:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 11:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 01:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •