[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

GlassEye

Adventurer
Borric barely manages to knock the shadow mastiff onto its side and as it falls he brings his flail around for another attack. Despite an odd flickering into and out of shadows Borric manages to bash the mastiff. When he is done the creature is unmoving and looks dead.

Zelena squeezes through the passage after the derro. On the other side is a rickety wood ladder that leads up to a walkway at the level of the crude arrow slits. The derro fires a bolt at Borric which is deflected by the fighter's armor. Hearing Zelena below the derro turns to face her.

In the hallway just outside the room Nathan manages to shake off the effects of the fear caused by the mastiff's howl.

OOC: Combat: Round Nine. Sylvain continue to flee for one more round. Others are up.

[sblock=Combat Information]

Initiative:
You all
Derro

Map: (Not updated, sorry)

Party:
Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
Nathan: 25/44 hit points remaining
Sylvain: 39/58 hit points remaining; 2 STR dmg.
Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor, Flaming Sphere, Vanish, Silent Image, Magic Missile; Sylvain: Dispel Magic, Web, Vomit Swarm;

Conditions in Effect:
--Sylvain: panicked 0/3

Enemy Status:
Derro 1 (AC 17); 31 damage; dead
Derro 2 (AC 17); 27 damage; dead
Derro 3 (AC 17); 29 damage; dead
Derro 4 (AC 25); 20/25 hp remaining
Shadow Hound (AC 18); -9/51 hp remaining; dead
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

The chaos in his mind fading suddenly, Nathan found himself flummoxed as to what could have possessed him to open himself up to the nasty bite he now sported. But the chatter of panic was replaced with a more familiar one, and Nathan nodded as he looked up to the air above him.

"Yes, yes, 'failings of humanity,' I get it," he snaps to the unseen motes. "Less harping and more payback, what do you say?" he adds, hurrying back to his companions.

[sblock=ooc]I'm not sure how far away Nathan got. If he's able to get within line of effect with a move action, he'll burn his last level 1 slot on another bunch of magic missiles. If not, double move / run to get to a position where he does have line of effect.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 25/44
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 1/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 4/5

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: Nathan is at T7; close enough to see the derro through the hole in the wall with Borric providing the light with his ioun stone. One move action would definitely get Nathan within clear sight but I don't think even that is necessary. Go ahead and roll your MM dmg.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric looks down at the wreckage of the hound and thought the beast was tougher. He looks towards the makeshift wall where Zelena is chasing the last of the Derro.

"Hmm, that was almost too easy. How we coming on that last bugger?"

"And, where the fook did Syl go?"

[sblock=Actions]Delay for results on Nate.

OOC: Btw, I was surprised the Shadow Mastiff was down already.
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4
AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO),

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Having regained his bearings, and seeing the source of his illogical terror already taken care of, Nathan's eye is drawn to the Derro skulking above the wall. There is the faintest glow from Nathan's crown, and the backlighting from the minor aura casts his eyes in a cold, dark shadow.

"Don't p**s off someone with divine retribution in his blood," he growls out, holding one hand palm up and making a throwing gesture. As he does so, four more motes materialize in his hand, then shoot across the room and smash into the Derro.

[sblock=ooc]MM damage (1d4+1=5, 1d4+1=2, 1d4+1=4, 1d4+1=5)

16 total damage. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 25/44
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 0/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 4/5

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena peers back at Borric and rolls her eyes and says to herself, "What does he expect from the woman with the shortest legs here..."

She hollars back at Borric, "Working on it!"

She then starts up the ladder and managed to catch Nathan's spell plow into the back of the dwarf and nods with a smile.

((Not sure where climbing puts her and how much movement it all costs))

[sblock=If Zelena managed to make it to the Derro]"Hi there..." and she swipes out hard from the side at the dwarf's midsection with her mace.

Attack with Heavy Mace 1d20+7=19 for 1d6+1=5 damage if hit. I am not sure of the 25 AC counts this guys cover or not)[/sblock][sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
Conditions:
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 58 of 58
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining. [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Nathan's motes pound the derro just as Zelena arrives and smashes him with her mace. The derro drops dead on the narrow walkway and silence settles over the room. It seems the threat in this room has been ended.

Sylvain manages to shake off the effects of the mastiff's howl and make his way back to the chamber to meet up again with his traveling companions.

Behind the derro wall is a warren of small rooms stinking of unwashed derro & dog and filled with trash and worthless items. However, searching the derro themselves turns up a bit of salvageable gear: each wears leather armor and carries a short sword and a repeating light crossbow. They also have collectively 20 normal bolts and 20 bolts slathered with some sort of poisonous substance.

While the derro lair may not be the cleanest it would certainly be the easiest to defend should the group decide to rest before venturing down the stairs. And after wandering through dark and deserted halls for most of the day a rest would not be unwelcome.

GM: PM, after Nathan blasted the hound with two sets of magic missiles and Sylvain hit it with a swarm there really wasn't much left of it.

Also, first post updated with current xp and treasure totals.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric sees Syl come back and gives the witch a look.

"What happened to you? Get scared in the dark and run away?"

Taking a look at some of the items, he whistles. Exclaiming, "Well, look at this repeating crossbow. I have not seen one of those in a while. You guys have a use for this? Got some nice poisoned bolts to go with, yeah."

The brash fighter is starting to sound like a used cart salesman.

OOC: Oh, I should read better. I thought it was 9 dmg, not 9HP remaining. lol
[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4
AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO),

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Har dee har har. That certainly did not go well. Apologies for my lack of help back there. I thought holding back instead of rushing forward with everyone else might have been a good idea. Stop laughing, Waltor! You certainly didn't help back there," Syl says with a huff, to his friend.

"If you have any healing left for the day, I could certainly use some please, Zelena. We should be aware, so I bet my Web spell is getting close to losing its effectiveness."

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 7
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm^, Web^
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic^, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
  • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric and Zelena, Misfortune on the dwarf.
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"C'mon Borric, that is not nice. I suspect that hound's howl was rather unnatural in nature. And considering who it was with..." the gnomish woman says.

"Of course, of course. Come around boys, I will tend to your wounds." Zelena says in a caring almost motherly way.

(( Cure Critical Wounds on Syl... 4d8+7=22 damage healed.

Cure Serious Wounds on Nathan 3d8+7=23 ))

[sblock=GE]I was wondering, might we say the 100gp gem is a ruby, so she can crush it to dust so she might make her ioun stone less dispel-able? The spell would also take up a slot for the next day too. So I loose out on some coin and a spell slot until we rest again. Let me know what you think.[/sblock] [sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
Conditions:
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases