[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric gives Zelena a quizzical look and asks, "What are you talking about, lass? That wasn't so scary."

"In fact, Syl and I defeated a hound from hell that much more frightening. Ain't that right, mate? Remember?"

"Right after I earned the title Mageslayer, when we were rookies. What was the stupid paladin's name? The guy that got the tengu killed."

Uncouth as ever, the fighter has plenty to say that is unflattering.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4
AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO),

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Cowardice or something magic in that howl, all I know is I couldn't even focus enough to realize the bloody thing was going to take another chunk out of me for running," Nathan admits, hissing at his bites. When Zelena's healing energy closes them up, he smiles and sighs.

"Many thanks, Zelena," he says sincerely. "Now, just a little otherworldly sewing..." a small swirl of motes appears, making short work of repairing the sorcerer's trousers. "And we're good as new."

Nathan shakes his head as Borric holds out the crossbows.

"Afraid I couldn't aim that thing worth beans," Nathan admits. "But maybe Aldino will find them exotic enough to fatten our reward.

"But before that ... magic ring or not, I'm exhausted. Heck, even the motes are whining about their energy being depleted. If we can make use of the derros' little fortification here, I say we should. No telling when we might have a chance to recoup again. I can probably even talk my little tagalongs into cleaning things up a bit..."

So saying, Nathan points, and indeed another bevy of motes streams out and begins the task of scrubbing clean some space for the party to sleep without having to deal with the stench of derro and hound.

[sblock=ooc]Mending and Prestidigitation cantrips. I'm a fan of taking the hint and resting here, myself, though other mileage may vary. :) [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 44/44
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 0/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 4/5

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC/Songdragon]
I was wondering, might we say the 100gp gem is a ruby, so she can crush it to dust so she might make her ioun stone less dispel-able? The spell would also take up a slot for the next day too. So I loose out on some coin and a spell slot until we rest again. Let me know what you think.

I'm not sure what to think because I have no idea what you mean to do or how it is able to affect her ioun stone. Is this a spell Zelena can cast? With a little more detail I can give you a better answer.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
[sblock=GE]Apologies if I was not clear...

I want to cast Continual Flame on the Ioun stone with a 3rd level cleric version of the spell. I need the 50gp in ruby dust and was asking if the one 100gp gem Zelena had might be a ruby that she can crush up and use as a component for the spell.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Ah, I see. I don't see a problem with that as long as you make a notation in your inventory that that is what you did. Then if you come up against darkness effects again it'll be recorded. jkason, Perrin, since you are also judges if you see a reason to disallow it, please, speak up.[/sblock]

After Nathan cleanses an area of the derro den to camp in the four adventurers get a bit of sleep to recharge. It is difficult to judge the passage of time within the mountain fortress but eventually everyone wakes and feels recovered enough to continue the exploration of Khuldun into the deeper halls and passages.

Gerald007

First Post
"Remember, my web spell will have long since expired, so we might have to fight our way back to the area leading down. Keep your flail at the ready, Dwarfslayer!" Syl clearly felt a bit better after getting some rest. He didn't seem quite as embarrassed about his run in with the hound after 8 hours of rest.

Syl
[sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 7
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 58 of 58
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm, Web
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
  • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

[sblock=ooc]Seems perfectly reasonable to me, GE, and a clever upgrade that seems to work just fine within the rules. :)[/sblock]

"Well, with a night ... ish rest in us, here's hoping we can handle whatever might be out there," Nathan offers to Sylvain's concerns. "But first... I need to do a little negotiating with the swarm."

Nathan turns his attention to the air above him, saying, "I heard you whispering last night. You've been holding out on me, haven't you?" He cocks his head at the silence as if considering a response, then nods. "Seems a fair enough trade to me if you lot can stay on the case that much longer. Hit me."

Brilliant lights form out of nowhere, and begin to spin about Nathan from head to toe before finally winking out of existence. The sorcerer flicked his finger at the air above his palm, and smiled at the tiny 'plink' when he made contact with the invisible force there.

"Ready when you lot are," he said.

[sblock=ooc]Extended Mage Armor (hooray only having to burn a single casting for all-day protection :) ), then I assume we'll be using the Dancing-Lights-for-a-look-ahead maneuver again as we continue to explore.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Extended Mage Armor (14 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 44/44
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 5/5

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
After her watch and some rest, Zelena wakes in the near darkness, the light from her ioun stone barely peeking out of cloth she has wrapped around it to to reassure herself and keep her nerves from becoming to frayed.

As the group goes about eating a dry breakfast of rations the gnome pulls out a small gemstone from her pack. She examines it for several minutes and after a drawn out sigh sets it on a piece of cloth on the ground and then wraps it up. She then takes her mace and starts to pummel the heck out of the small package, turning it around every third strike. Zelena examines the crushed gemstone a few times between strikes before she sees that the reddish stone is now nothing but dust. Taking up her ioun torch she sets it on the ground and seems to be preparing for an incantation. Taking the time to call up the spell the gnomish woman then starts, reciting the words for a spell in gnomish. As she continues she sprinkles the ruby dust over the stone and the substance seems to settle over the stone and then absorb into it. When all is done there is still a small bit of ruby dust that the Zelena puts away. Anyone looking at the ioun torch, sees nothing seems to have changed.

Munching on the last of her ration and sipping some freshly created water she looks up to the others with a smile, "Damn dwarves will have a hard time dispelling that light now!"

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
Conditions:
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 58 of 58
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Continual Flame, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining. [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric is ready to go once more, the rest period being uneventful. He refrained from giving his companions any grief over needing to take a break, after all he felt fine and was really just getting warmed after all the boredom of trudging through the dwarven tunnels.

He even was able to hold his tongue as Nate started acting like a loon and talking to the air again. Mage's are sometimes like that and he is better at just bashing them than understanding them. At least Nate and Syl knew a valued protector and champion when they saw one.

He is curious about the gnome's spell casting though.

"Lass? What makes you think your stone is any better than the one I use? Those blighters were able to suppress its illumination and your stone doesn't appear to be any brighter than mine."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4
AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO),

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena looks up at Borric, "Besides the fact that the spell's energies come from a great divine being, that all should be bathed in her light..." she cannot seem to hold her laughter any longer and breaks up and smiles at the man.

"Seriously though, from what I understand of these enchanted devices, them wizardly folk seem to gain... access. Yes that is the word. They have access to the spell earlier than those of a more divine nature. But that access comes at the cost of power. Yes it appears to work the same, but the amount of energies are more for a priestly type. In that, I am hoping that the dwarfs' darkness, will be unable to cancel out my light where it might yours." The gnome looks to Borric to see if he was able to grasp what she has just explained.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases