[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric looks at the pile of stones and listens as the other discuss magical means of exploration as if there were more of those little blighters just waiting with crossbows and darkness spells.

"Well, I tell you what. Maybe I will just take a peek and see what happens before you all start wasting magical spells for something that might not be any more nefarious than a big pile of rocks."

The armored fighter, with his lighted stone orbiting his head, scrambles up the uneven surface to look through the narrowed gap. He has his shield and the rack pile itself to give him cover, so all he is concerned about is some fool mage that might make a fatal mistake of attacking the mageslayer.

[sblock=Rolls]Whichever applies: Knowledge Engineering/Dungeoneering (1d20=11) +8 for Engineering, +10 for Dungeoneering[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4
AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO),

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Borric, believing the rocks stable enough, climbs up the pile of rocks. The rocks seem firmly settled but the fighter still has to proceed cautiously to not dislodge any of the smaller ones while climbing. The rocks are covered with a thick layer of dust like everything else has been in this place but he sees no indication that anything has disturbed the dust and passed over the pile. There is plenty of space at the top to move through and when Borric looks down the other side he sees the unfinished stone of the stair continuing down beyond the limit of his light. No creatures lurk on the other side that Borric can see.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Swash1.jpg

Borric looks through the gap with raised eyebrows and then turns to look back at his companions.

"Ha, nothing to worry about for fook's sake. Come on. We can just climb through. Take your time and don't dislodge things."

The fighter climbs through the gap and down the other side to wait for the others.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield

Gerald007

First Post
Syl nods at the warrior's suggestion. Knowing he was likely to not be able to scramble over those rocks as well as the others, he uses one of the gifts granted to him by Waltor and slowly begins to raise of the floor, climbing and straightening out so he could fly right over the pile of rubble.

"How is that for not dislodging things, Mageslayer?"

OOC: Use one minute increment of Flight hex.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 7
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 58 of 58
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm, Web
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
  • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--One minute of Flight hex used.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan sighs as Sylvain effortlessly bypasses the climb.

"I definitely need to learn how to do that. Soon," the disheveled sorcerer opines as he eyes the rock pile. Then he shrugs, and tries his less than athletic hands (and feet) to following Borric's path to the top.

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Extended Mage Armor (14 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 44/44
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 5/5

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
As there is no forthcoming answer to her questions, the gnome shrugs and starts up the debris. Unlike the human men, she takes that much longer, being that much shorter. Zelena does eventually make it to the top taking her time not to dislodge any large rocks.

Once reaching the top, she starts down the other side. Once down, she looks to her friends and asks, "I am getting the feeling that this grad Khuldun was more hype than actual show. Do not get me wrong the two upper levels were quite impressive, but as we got lower I expected... well more. At least something complete. I would have thought dwarves to build up and out and not down and in..."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Swash1.jpg

Borric glances back at his companions and nods in agreement with Zelena.

"Ya might be right, lass. THe dwarves usually take pride too. Maybe we are looking at something unfinished and..."

"Heck, I have no idea what I am taking about. I don't even know squat about dwarven whores, much less their tunneling strongholds. Surprising, I know. But, there it is. Short women just don't do it for me-"

"No offense Zelena."

The fighter is about ready to head down the stairs as soon as Nate begins his trick with dancing lights.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield

GlassEye

Adventurer
The cautious advance sees everyone over the rocks and rubble-strewn stair to a more open passageway. The unfinished stair continues to lead downwards until at the far edge of your lights you see the passage open up into a larger chamber...

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

[sblock=ooc]
As there is no forthcoming answer to her questions, the gnome shrugs and starts up the debris.

Sorry 'bout that. I'd meant to reply, but my posting schedule's been so erratic, I forgot about it by the time I actually managed to post. I think Zelena was with us when we got the low-charged Invisible wand, though, so I think she knows its in our resource pool, though I could be remembering it wrong.[/sblock]

Nathan frowns as he notices the opening beyond, then mutters something over his shoulder, pointing three fingers such that one points to each of the others. Motes dash from his fingertips and into the party's ears.

"Well, a room is better than a hallway ... I guess?" Nathan's whispered voice comes in their ears. "But I figured some magical messaging wouldn't hurt with recon and sneakiness."

[sblock=ooc]Casting Message to include everyone. Thought it might be useful if we get mildly separated again, especially if some of us are invisible and don't want to call out. ;) [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Extended Mage Armor (14 hours), Message (70 minutes), Dancing Lights (refreshed as needed)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 44/44
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 5/5

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases