[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun - Page 66




What's on your mind?

  1. #651
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ø Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Zelena stays close to Borric at the group makes it way down towards the chamber. She whispers up to the man, "If there is trouble, I will try to increase your strength for a short time."

    She then looks to everyone, "Lets see what there is to see, shall we?"

    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
    In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
    • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Continual Flame, Fly (d)
    • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Holy Smite (d)

    Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining.

 

  • #652
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,592

    ø Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    As the four descend their lights reveal more of the room: though the stair's passage is somewhat unfinished the room seems complete. The last stair juts out into the room and the floor is finished with paving stones. In the center of the room is a large spiraling design set into the stone though it is masked by an uneven pile of stone as if old stone used in the construction of the fortress was haphazardly dumped here in the room.

    In each corner is an unlit brazier and on the far side of the room urns and chests spilling with treasures glimmer in the dim light.

    As the four reach the entry to the room the loose stones begin to rattle and then heap themselves up into three distinct piles. The piles rise higher and gain a cohesiveness brought about by a dark energy that forms between the stones and shifts the stones about until they form three man-like figures that each stand a good fifteen feet tall. The creature nearest the back wall seems to be a bit bulkier and taller than the other two. All three have black pits for eyes that seem to radiate with a dark energy.

    OOC: Pre-Combat. It takes a few rounds to descend to the chamber. If your character would perform some action to prepare, you'll have two rounds to do so. On reaching the bottom stair the stone creatures begin forming and the party will have one round before full combat begins. Note that I've included AC and hp of the monsters. Feel free to use that info to describe your attacks and the results though I may add a wee bit when I update.

    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    You all
    Dark Stone Creatures

    Map:


    Party:
    Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
    Nathan: 44/44 hit points remaining
    Sylvain: 58/58 hit points remaining
    Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used:

    Conditions in Effect:

    Enemy Status:
    DSC 1 (AC 19/ T 10/ FF 18); 80/80 hp
    DSC 2 (AC 18/ T 8/ FF 18); 68/68 hp
    DSC 3 (AC 18/ T 8/ FF 18); 68/68 hp


    OOC
    Bad timing, but I'll be gone the next couple of days to spend time with family for Thanksgiving. I'll try to be back online Friday but may be as late as Monday. Have a good holiday, all, and I'll see you in a few days.

  • #653
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,472
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ø Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



    Borric takes one look at the moving rock piles and exclaims, "Cor! There is your explanation why no one else has snarfed the dwarven treasure. Big suckers, aren't they?"

    "Let's fall back and fight them back there,"
    he gestures back the way they came. "I am sure each of those rock giants are going ring my bell, and hard. No reason to let all of them bash me at once if I can fight them one or two at a time."

    Rolls
    Whichever applies: Knowledge (1d20=9) +8 for Engineering, +10 for Dungeoneering
    Delay
    Mini Stats
    Borric Hawkins
    Initiative:
    +4
    AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 73 Current: 73
    CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO),

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    OOC: Happy Thanksgiving. I will be off-line tomorrow.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #654
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691

    ø Ignore Gerald007
    My communities:

    "Okay, that is completely terrifying. Good idea, Borric. I concur, let's try to not take them on on their terms. And don't worry, I'll put you on an even footing with those baddies."

    OOC: Syl will follow the others back to see if the giants follow. Next round, Syl will cast Enlarge Person on Borric, assuming Borric wants that particular buff.



    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 7
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
    In Hand: Nothing


    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm, Web
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison

    Hexes DC 18
    • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--One minute of Flight hex used.

    [/QUOTE]

  • #655
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ø Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Seeing figures form out of the stone debris and at how large they are the Zelena is concerned. She backs away with the others and places a small hand on Borric's leg calling upon her goddess' power, "Annaya, I call upon you to grant Borric your strength." Borric then feels a surging warmth flow through him, a similar but slightly different feeling than that of his extra-curricular activities, and he becomes stronger...

    ((back up with the others, behind Borric,
    Cast Bull's Strength on Borric for 7 minutes ))


    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
    In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
    • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Continual Flame, Fly (d)
    • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Holy Smite (d)

    Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining.

  • #656
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,472
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ø Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



    Borric moves back up the stairs 20 feet or so, blocking the way up for those large rock guardians. With a thumbs up, he relishes the extra strength from Zelena and gives Syl a signal to concur about the added assistance.

    He has grim determination on his expression inside the helm of his armor, knowing this is going to be a rough fight. But, likely one to brag about afterward, "If only you could mount of those things head a on a pike as a trophy," he mutters.

    He looks down the stairs, ready to start pounding the rock piles with his shock flail that sprang into his hand.

    Actions
    Move 20ft up the stairs, quick draws flail
    Ready and enlarged reach attack on first one that tries to come up.
    Mini Stats
    Borric Hawkins
    Initiative:
    +4
    AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 73 Current: 73
    CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Bull's Strength (+4 Str)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Shock Flail
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #657
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,875

    ø Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    "Well, if you're that big, then you can probably reach these things even if this works and they can't get to you," Nathan says as he makes room for Borric's magical growth spurt. "The court of nags seems to think they can work a little barrier. Let's see, shall we?"

    Nathan reaches out to touch Borric, managing to reach the Enlarged fighter's knuckle on tip-toe. As he does so, a small spray of motes flies out in every direction. A pair of them circles the group at a speed fast enough that their glowing trails seem to form a solid line, while the others dart and twist through the air in intricate patterns. The slightest hum fills the air, and the party can feel the charge within the circle. As quickly as the dance of light begins, it ends, the pattern fading from sight, though all involved can feel the energies persist.

    ooc
    Backing up with the others, using standard action to try out Magic Circle against Evil, centered on Borric.


    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Extended Mage Armor (14 hours), Message (70 minutes), Dancing Lights (refreshed as needed), Magic Circle against evil (70 minutes)
    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19) 20
    touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
    HP: 44/44
    CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
    2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
    3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 4/5

    Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #658
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,592

    ø Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Borric studies the room and the stone creatures before herding the others back up the passageway. The brief look he had of the room wasn’t enough for the fighter to notice anything unusual in the structure other than the pattern inset into the floor. The creatures are outside his experience; beyond obviously being large and formed from loose rocks and therefore likely brutally strong and durable Borric isn’t certain what else to expect.

    Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, and Zelena retreat up the passage casting spells to enhance and protect Borric and therefore themselves as they go. Borric stops and readies himself in a place as good as any other in the passage to make a stand.

    The stone creatures shamble forward after the four with the sound of stone grinding on stone. The black energy that binds them together seems to pulse as they pursue…

    OOC: Combat Round One. Everyone is up. The creatures will advance on their turn to the position shown on the map and come into contact with the magic circle on their turn.

    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    You all
    Dark Stone Creatures

    Map:

    Party:
    Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
    Nathan: 44/44 hit points remaining
    Sylvain: 58/58 hit points remaining
    Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Magic Circle Against Evil; Sylvain: Enlarge Person; Zelena: Bull’s Strength

    Conditions in Effect:
    - Magic Circle Against Evil (10 ft. radius, centered on Borric): +2 deflection to AC; +2 resistance to saves
    - Enlarge Person (Borric)
    - Bull’s Strength (Borric)

    Enemy Status:
    DSC 1 (AC 19/ T 10/ FF 18); 80/80 hp
    DSC 2 (AC 18/ T 8/ FF 18); 68/68 hp
    DSC 3 (AC 18/ T 8/ FF 18); 68/68 hp

  • #659
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ø Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Zelena calls again upon her Goddess' aid. "Annaya, I ask for your Fervor to battle these beings!"

    (( Cast Blessing of Fervor (see below) 7 round duration, move to K-4, Knowledge (Arcana) on this monsters: 1d20+5=17 ))

    Blessing of Fervor (you guys are going to like this one)
    Blessing of Fervor

    Each round for the duration of this spell, each of your allies can choose one of the following bonuses for that round at the beginning of its turn (their choice).

    • Increase its speed by 30 feet.
    • Stand up as a swift action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
    • Make one extra attack as part of a full attack action, using its highest base attack bonus.
    • Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
    • Cast a single spell of 2nd level or lower as if it were an enlarged, extended, silent, or still spell.

    These effects are not cumulative with similar effects, such as those provided by haste or a speed weapon, nor do they actually grant an extra action, so you can't use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round. Blessing of fervor does not stack with haste.

    Zelena's Stats
    Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
    Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
    Conditions:
    AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
    In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
    Spells: Divine
    • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
    • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
    • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
    • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Continual Flame, Fly (d)
    • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Holy Smite (d)

    Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining.

  • #660
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691

    ø Ignore Gerald007
    My communities:

    "Just keep swinging at those things, Borric. We've got your back. I'm sure it won't hurt. Much," Syl jokes, knowing the fighter was going to take quite a brutal pounding at the hands of the earth monsters. Syl uses one of his hexes to try and help him even things out a bit as he examines the creatures to see what he knows about them.

    OOC: Standard-Use Fortune Hex on Borric.





    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 7
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 58 of 58
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
    In Hand: Nothing


    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person^, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm, Web
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison

    Hexes DC 18
    • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--One minute of Flight hex used.


  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Press Releases & Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 01:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 05:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 04:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 10:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 12:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •