[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan feels a shudder up his back as Zelena's magics fill him.

"Thanks, Zelena," he says. "And with that charge, I don't have to worry 'bout what to do next. Let's see about getting Borric some more backup..."

Nathan looks upward expectantly, then frowns. "Seriously? Formal supplication? Oh, for the love of ... fine!" he mutters with frustration, then begins speaking in a much more melodious tongue. Zelena recognizes it as Celestial. It appears to be a rather overwrought supplication to higher powers, for which Nathan is clearly suppressing the urge to roll his eyes. As he continues to speak, however, a glow begins to emanate from the crown of his head as a trio of motes dart forward and begin circling the air, generating a soft, glowing circle of their own.

[sblock=ooc]If I read this right, then we have a round before the creatures are in attack position? Seems like the best time to try a summons, then. Summon Monster III, calling an Augmented Lantern Archon into E1. If I'm able to swap out feats, let's give it Toughness instead of Improved Initiative, though I'm fine if that's not an available option.

It will appear at the start of Nathan's turn next round.

Taking the +2 AC / Reflex option this round on Ferver[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

In Hand: None
Conditions: Extended Mage Armor (14 hours), Message (70 minutes), Dancing Lights (refreshed as needed), Magic Circle against evil (70 minutes), Blessing of Fervor (7 rounds, +2 AC/ Save this round), casting full-round spell

Current AC: 21, Current Reflex save: +7

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 44/44
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 3/5

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric was waiting for the giant-like rock pile to get within his now extended reach, and crackling spiked head of the shock flail back over his right shoulder. Muscles bugling more than before, he doesn't hesitate to swing it at the creature.

But, he doesn't stop there.

Pulling the handle through the blow, down and back around, he follows up with another pounding blow as the cleric's divine fervor increases his arm speed. The electrifying spiked head repeatedly into the creature. The creature looks to be out of the fight.

"Heh, you all are great at making me look like a hero of legends. I am gonna be larger than life!"

[sblock=Actions]Readied Attack from last round = 17dmg +1 dmg Electrical
Take Extra attack from Ferver for this round
Full Attack(3): 54 dmg + 12 dmg Electrical
Looks like #2 is down.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4
AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch) Current 24, maybe 26
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear) Current CMB +14, CMD 26+Size
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Bull's Strength (+4 Str=+2 Att/Dmg), Enlarged (-2AC, +1 Att/Dmg, +5ft reach, increased weapon size), Prot vs. Evil (+2AC/SVs)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Shock Flail (+16/+11; 2d6+11+1d6)
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Zelena casts her spell to aid the group and Sylvain casts a hex upon Borric while Nathan begins summoning celestial allies. Borric waits, ready to strike and when the stone creature moves within range the fighter pounds it with all his magically enhanced strikes. The stone of the creature’s hide is tougher than Borric expects and by the time he finishes, thinking the creature will crumble under his assault, it still stands. Rubble falls from the stone creature with its every move, however, and the dark energy that holds it together flickers weakly. It is hard to tell whether the magical circle of protection has affected the elemental since it hasn’t had opportunity to act against Borric yet.

Sylvain studies the creatures quickly discarding the idea that they might be constructs or natural creatures and coming to the conclusion that they are very similar to elementals, though the animating spirit seems to be from the Essential Path vertice of Darkness or Death. After witnessing Borric’s attack upon the creatures Sylvain is convinced they have a minor resistance to weapon attacks. Sylvain is also fairly certain the elementals are resistant to his sleep magics and can also probably slip through solid earth and stone as if it weren’t there.

The elemental near the rear of the line slams its fists together and seemingly crushes its own hand to rubble suffused with the dark energy of its essence. With a throwing motion the stones fly from it to Borric where the stones slam against the fighter’s armor with enough force to cause bruising beneath.

OOC: Combat Round Two. Borric's previously stated full attack action goes off. Everyone else is up.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Combat action accounting:
Pre-combat: party moves forward, elementals begin forming, 1 round of buffing, retreat up the passage.
Round 1: Borric readies, Zelena, Sylvain, & Nathan cast spells
- Elementals 2 & 3 advance (full move)
- Elemental 1 advances (single move) & casts spell

Initiative:
You all
Earth Elementals

Map:

Party:
Borric: 62/73 hit points remaining
Nathan: 44/44 hit points remaining
Sylvain: 58/58 hit points remaining
Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Magic Circle Against Evil; Sylvain: Enlarge Person; Zelena: Bull’s Strength

Conditions in Effect:
- Magic Circle Against Evil (10 ft. radius, centered on Borric): +2 deflection to AC; +2 resistance to saves
- Battle Fervor (Everyone)
- Summon Monster III
- Enlarge Person (Borric)
- Bull’s Strength (Borric)

Enemy Status:
Elemental 1 (AC 19/ T 10/ FF 18); 80/80 hp
Elemental 2 (AC 18/ T 8/ FF 18); 4/68 hp
Elemental 3 (AC 18/ T 8/ FF 18); 68/68 hp
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
With a determined look Zelena points her finger near the second rock creature, "I call forth a weapon of spirit and light to fight these dark beings!"

Just before the second rock creature a brief and almost blinding light flashes for a moment, when everyone's eyesight adjusts they can see a heavy mace, with a head of a blazing sun atop of it. It strikes out at the rock creature that Borric has almost finished off.

(( Cast Spiritual Weapon (using Blessing of Fervor to Extend it) (14 rounds) at F-4, Spiritual Weapon strikes out at Elemental 2 1d20+8=9 (miss) ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
Conditions: Blessing of Fervor (6 rounds remining), Spiritual weapon (14 rounds remaining), Circle of Protection from evil
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 58 of 58
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Continual Flame, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining. [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: I am confused. Pre-round one, Borric had readied attack, triggers after Enlarge Person and Bull's Strength, but before everyone else in Round 1. Round started with target in range and Borric pounds away. Doesn't Borric get actions again in Round 2?

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: I stated (post #658) that the position shown for the elementals on the map is their position after their movement for round one. The elementals didn't start in melee range, they moved there during the first round of combat. I assumed Borric would maintain his ready state for when they finally did arrive. If that's not what you wanted we can edit. My apologies for the confusion.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: No, Borric's actions are fine. I did not realize I was readying for an entire round. Based on my post following the last update, I was just assuming my actions were in the same round as everyone else. I am good.

Gerald007

First Post
Syl quickly tells the rest of the team what he had been able to glean about the strange earthen creatures.

It appeared Borric had the closest one 'rocked,' (get it?) after the initial assault. It wouldn't stand another round against the warrior's flail. Syl decided to help pick at the furthest rock creature, softening it up for Borric.

OOC: Standard-Cast Flaming Sphere at B 2. Reflex DC 17 for no damage. Move action-Use Cackle to keep Fortune hex active on Borric. Free-speech.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 7
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 58 of 58
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person^, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17)^, Vomit Swarm, Web
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
  • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--One minute of Flight hex used, Fortune hex used on Borric.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

As Nathan finishes his lengthy entreaty, a glow begins to emanate from the circle the trio of motes spin, expanding outward to create a full portal, from which a much larger, slightly oblong mote emerges, its colors shifting beautifully through a pastel spectrum. The smaller, plainer motes orbit their kin for a few minutes, as the creature sings out to them in the celestial tongue (its voice makes the musical tongue all the more impressive), then the motes dissapate.

Its greetings ended, the glowing celestial tilts slightly in the direction of the nearest dark earthen creatures. Its colors shift to a much darker pallette, and the musical call it now makes has a clear tone of menace. Its glow intensifies, and seems to battle against the dark energies at play in the evil earthen battlers. Then the glowing orb unleashes a searing beam of light at the rock creature menacing Borric. The beam lances through the elemental's chest, sending it toppling to the ground. Another beam spews forth at the closest creature that remains standing, but this one seems to have little effect.

Nathan frowns as Syl shares his knowledge of the creatures.

"So, dropping them down a hole probably won't do much good, I guess?" he says, quickly disgarding his plans. He cocks his head to one side, instead, and points to the creature who managed to throw some of itself at Borric.

"Now, really, that can't be fun at all, can it?" he calls down the hallway, the crown of his head once again beginning to glow. "I mean, really. Dark forces have all those soul-filled hells to play in, and you're stuck in a boring, abandoned Dwarf colony that someone couldn't even be bothered to finish? How fair is that? You finally get some company, and you want to smoosh it? Then what? Back to laying about waiting for some other poor souls to stumble in after a decade or more. Goodness, the prospect would leave me positively catatonic just thinking about the monotony."

As Nathan speaks, a similar glow to his own seems to flicker at the crown of the large rock creature, fighting against the black energies which pervade it.

[sblock=ooc]

Archon

* Looks like all the critters fall in the radius for the Archon's Aura of Menace effect. DC 13 Will save or they take a –2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 24 hours (or until they successfully hit the archon).

* Light Ray attacks (ranged touch, bypass DR) vs. critter 2, then 3 (since I believe the first attack drops creature 2):

Light ray touch attack; damage (bypasses all DR) (1d20+3=16, 1d6=5, 1d20+3=22, 1d6=1)

Nathan

Cast Oppressive Boredom at monster 1 (using the Enlarge option for Ferver this round). DC 17 Will save each round for 7 rounds until it succeeds. Failure means it can't act until the duration expires, or it succeeds on its save in a subsequent round.

Question, does using Fervor bypass the increased spell slot requirement on Enlarged? I updates Nathan's stats as if he had to take the higher spell slot, but I wasn't entirely sure how to take 'as if' in the phrasing.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

In Hand: None
Conditions: Extended Mage Armor (14 hours), Message (70 minutes), Dancing Lights (refreshed as needed), Magic Circle against evil (70 minutes), Blessing of Fervor (6 rounds, cast spell as Enlarged this round), Summoned Archon (6/7 rounds remaining), Aura of Menace (24 hrs or until overcome), Oppressive Boredom 7/7 rounds remaining.

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 44/44
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 2/5

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
OOC: By my understanding, you are using the magics of the Fervor to Enlarge/Extend/etc. a 2nd level or lower spell. You would not have to count one of your higher level spell slots to cast it. Otherwise Zelena would not be able to cast such spell as she has to memorize her spells. It would be like using a metamagic rod, using it's properties to gain the Enlarged effect.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases