[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Gerald007

First Post
Syl tries his best to avert his eyes from his nakes-as-a-jaybird friend. "Nathan wanted me to tell yoou that you were wasting the day, up here sleeping it off. He said most warriors worth a darn would have been up practicing their craft. I told him that you were just fine, when coming off hangover, but he doubted it. And I wanted to prove him wrong...geez, put on some clothes will you...I can't even spin a yarn getting Nathan in trouble with you all flopping around staring at me. The rest of us have gathered Aldino and are finishing up our shopping. Get presentable, and come join the party."

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 5
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +5
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hand (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 17
  • Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric looks down at himself like he only jsut the moment noticed.

"Ahh, yeah. Damn, Syl. That bar maid sure knows how to wear a guy out. I am sore with muscles I did not know could get sore. I cannot wait until tonight. This place is great!"

Returning inside his room and getting dressed, he happily starts providing graphical details on the evening activities. About ten minutes later, he is downstairs and orders up some food and drink to take with to have his break fast while walking.

Seeing everyone patiently waiting, well maybe not so patiently waiting, Borric asks, "Glad to see everyone here. We about ready to go? Um, right. So, where to first? Shopping? Lass, lead the way."

GM: Sorry for the hold up. I was busy this weekend and gaffed off EnWorld.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: nothing
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Dorummn responds with his own very wide smile and a shallow bob of the head and continues to chat with Zelena. As he does so he snaps his fingers and his three 'tadpoles' come tumbling into the room.

"Miss Zelena and her friends need a guide through the city; you'll show her where she needs to go. Don't cause them any trouble and take them where they want to go and bring them back when they are ready and I'll see you get something special to eat tonight. Spicy fried grubs, perhaps?"

The three Grippli young bound all about in their excitement and the group begin to realize that they've just acquired three highly energetic, highly excited and exciteable guides. Dorummn smiles at their antics and looks sheepishly at the group.

"They won't cause you any trouble."

Dorummn calls back to the kitchen with Borric's order and it isn't long before another frog man, this one towering over Dorummn at nearly three times the Grippli's height, shambles into the common room bearing a tray with Borric's food. Despite the creature obviously being a Boggard and no relation to Dorummn Dorummn pats him familiarly on the leg.

"Cousin Brog, give the man his food." With a conspiratorial whisper Dorummn confides, "My cousin does the heavy lifting us littler ones can't manage. Couldn't run the place without Brog."

The simple-minded Boggard shambles over with Borric's food and holds out the tray in offering. The food sizzles and steam rises from it in a tempting, mouth-watering aroma. Surprisingly it is wrapped in a flatbread to keep the slices of steak and vegetables contained and easy to carry.

Finally, Borric, Zelena, Nathan, Sylvain, and Aldino are off into the city led by the three Grippli children. They dash ahead and quickly return but one is always with the group at all times. Their high energy antics get Celebfedhiin excited who adds her barking to the ruckus.

The Grippli children bring out the good nature of Hruthrip's inhabitants who open up more readily to the group. Zelena is quick to take advantage of the openness brought on by the sight of their Grippli guides and she chats up several of the locals and merchants.

A gap-toothed roustabout with arms thicker than Zelena's waist chats about conditions on the river: "One boat in five has a run-in with da pirates these days; curse those river-lovin' half-lees. An' the ol' 'Loper does'n do nothing!"

Zelena gets a dwarven knife-sharpener to expand on the subject a bit later: "City ain't been the same since our River Lord lost his mate to the Black Beast decades ago. And these young ones don't know the difference. By steel, their parents don't remember the way it was before. Right shame, it is. It was such a battle, fighting down that Black!" He sighs and returns to the present. "Vassril and his Bronzers keep the peace best they can but the swamp pushes up 'gainst the walls harder every day. Seems that damned Black might've won after all. It's a shame; Hruthrip was something once..."

A plump, red-cheeked woman giggles as she watches the Grippli then confides in Zelena: "Cute little things, aren't they? Too bad about their older brother. One got into a spot of trouble with that grayscale clan and ended up losing an eye. Three times the lad's height and they hurt him bad but the little froggies wouldn't do a thing. Don't blame them, though; everyone's afraid of the grayscales."

A sunning lizardfolk the deep green of lizardfolk more commonly found in the Delta opens his eyes long enough to speak briefly: "Hear tell you all were on the boat that returned Sekmun to the city. Strange one, that Sekmun. Bit too ambitious, if you ask me. We were made for the water. Lizardfolk have our place, you have yours. Sekmun never was happy with just the sun and water but he's back to the swamp where he belongs, may he rot there forever."

Most of the morning is gone by the time they arrive at the shop that Dorummn recommended. The shopkeeper gives a good price for the items that are being sold, just as Dorummn promised. And just about everything that the group is looking for can be found here as well. But there is one small problem: when Borric goes to pay for his items he discovers that the two gems he borrowed from Zelena are missing from his pouch.

[sblock=OOC]Songdragon, I agree that Grippli are awesome; I've liked them from way back when they first appeared in D&D. I imagine Grippli with large families and Dorummn could easily have numerous siblings. We'd just need to get 'em approved as a character race for LPF.

Also, gathering information takes 1d4 hours so I'll spread the info that Zelena gets out over the course of their shopping trip. If anything catches your attention and any of you'd like to expand on the rp feel free. If not, we'll just keep moving along.

Perrin, don't sweat the delay; it's no big deal. I've caused plenty of delay of my own during this game.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric checks his pouches one more time, then checks his backpack's pouches. Still not finding the gems he checks his belt pouches and coin purse again.

"Oh, fook! They should be here, where in the hell did they go?"

"I seem to have been robbed. Anyone see Fury around here? Those two gems from Zelena are missing and now I will have trouble paying for my new equipment."

He looks around suspiciously at the Grippli children. Then, Borric asks, "Okay, any of you find something pretty in my stuff that you thought might be neat to look at?"

The fighter hopes that is all this is, a simple pickpocket job out of curiosity. After last night, he is hoping it wasn't considered payment for services rendered since he cannot afford to pay that again if it was.

OOC: Interesting development, GE. Those gems are already spent in Arcane Row. When did he last see them? Since he paid for the food, presumably he would have noticed the two gems with the rest of his money.
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan frowns at the apparent disappearance of the gems. He, too, wonders about the jumping children, but also raises an eyebrow to ask, "How much of last night do you remember, Borric? I'd hate to think your little ... friend might have done something more with her fingers than ... well," here he looks to the children to indicate his hesitancy to finish out what was sure to be a crass statement.

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena seems most pleased with having the little ones about. She tells tales of her homeland to the nearest at the time. She also lets them all have a turn riding on Celebfedhiin. She probably has all three little Grippli on at once, one time. The other younger members of the party, notice that Zelena can be quite motherly with the children, even when she has to raise her voice in 'that' way when the children get a little too out of line. Over all though she has fun with the little ones.

A gap-toothed roustabout
Zelena nods to the man, "Indeed, we had some problems with haflings just a few days ago before arriving. We managed to fend them off."

dwarven knife-sharpener
Is the Black beast some sort of river monster? We ran into, from what I have heard, a small river beast." She will describe what little was seen of the creature.

She will ask, "Is it a matter of security from the Black Beast and the encroaching swamp that keeps Hruthrip from being prosperous?"

A plump, red-cheeked woman
"Aye, the little ones are such a pleasure to have about. Their way of looking at life and enjoying what they have to the fullest is infectious. Why are people afraid of the lizardfolk? My companions and I traveled up the river with one and he was a pleasant enough of a fellow."

A sunning lizardfolk...
"You don't say. You do not like Sekmun much?" she asks at the liszardfolk's last statement.

She looks to Borric and then looks about, "Really. When did you last see the stones Borric?" She asks the children if they noticed anyone near enough Borric to take anything from him.

GlassEye

Adventurer
[size=-2]In the Street[/size]

The Grippli children take to Zelena immediately and hang on her every word. They are still rambunctious and Celebfedhiin takes the brunt of it but the hound endures with the longsuffering that dogs frequently have for youth and even seems to enjoy the extra attention.

[sblock=Continuing Gather Information...]
The roustabout nods. "Good on you! Show a li'l spine an da half-lees'll run off." He waves in farewell. "Good day to you."

---

The dwarf shakes his head and applies stone to another blade. "River monster? The Black was a dragon! Come outta the swamp all those years ago with intent to take Hruthrip from Brestuloper and his mate. The battle was fierce and Brestuloper's mate fell to the Black but Brestuloper took it down. Hard fought, though." He shakes his head at the memory.

"Clear land 'round Gist encourages settlement. K'issp gets ocean-going vessels. We got swamp, thieves, and pirates. Some tell it as the blood of that Black runs through some of the lizardfolk clans. Dead all these years and still a trouble. And Brestuloper ain't been the same since then."

---

The plump woman adjusts her basket of fish and leans in to whisper to Zelena. "All friendly and smiles on the outside, but cross one of the grayscales and you'll feel the hurt. And everyone knows if you need something criminal it's the grayscales you talk to."

---

The sunning lizard closes his eyes and sighs. "I've no use for Sekmun, nor his clan. They've a small compound in the city but their main clan steading is out in the swamp." He opens his eyes to a squint. "And as I don't know you, that's all I got to say about it. More than I should've, in any case."[/sblock]
---
[size=-2]In the Shop[/size]

Borric doesn't think the Grippli children could have managed picking his pocket. He's tired, yes, but they've been running pell-mell on the streets and haven't been too close to the fighter that he's noticed. And the last time he remembers seeing the gems was in the Tipsy Trout when he borrowed them from Zelena and tucked them into his pouch.

Borric gets the Grippli children corralled and convinced he's serious and manages to question them. They look from one to the other with their big watery eyes and shake their heads. Their wide mouths turn downward in dismay and the littlest one's chin begins to quiver. "We wouldn't. We promised our Pop. We don't wanna lose a eye like Loab." They look up at Zelena and shake their heads in the negative; despite the group stopping and chatting with a few of the locals none think anyone has gotten close enough during their shopping to have pulled a cutpurse job or any of the tricks to distract attention from a pickpocket. "Didn't see no-one, Miss Z'ena."

Gerald007

First Post
"Borric, I'm afraid your lady friend from last evening might have appropriated your gems. These little tadpoles don't seem to be the type. Or at least, not the type after their dad yelled at them."

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 5
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +5
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hand (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 17
  • Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan nods.

"I don't imagine there are a lot of folk who'd want to risk trying to pickpocket a bruiser like you during the day when you're sober and vigilant. And well-armed," Nathan concurs with Sylain. "But if someone got you drunk, distracted, and carrying far less than your usual complement of armaments ... well, that might present a more tempting target."

[sblock=mini-stats]Note: This version of the statblock includes the headband of Cha in the casting stats.
Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: None
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 45/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric doesn't take much time to think about the previous night, and judging by the expression on his face he is quite pissed off.

"I remember most of it, and the wench was naked the whole time. No fookin' place for her to hide a gem or two. I was even awake when she collected her clothes and left early this morning. Then I passed out."

"Gods, I hope it wasn't her. And, there is an even chance I got picked at the tavern before hand too."

Since it would appear that the little frog-kids didn't do it, Borric clanks out of the store exclaiming, "We'll be back, shopkeep. Come on, let's got to that tavern right now."

The fighter clanks out in the street to make his way back to the previous night's drinking establishment.

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases