[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena rushes after Borric and attempts to plead with the young for some calm, "Borric... I would not jump to any conclusions just yet. While it would appear who might have taken the gems, she might not have as well. I would suggest remaining calm..." she considers a moment, "...Okay, be less angry. At least until there is proof of who took the gemstones."

GlassEye

Adventurer
It is pushing on towards mid-day by the time Borric leads the others back through town. The Grippli triplets run to keep up and when you pass the Lilypad they break off and scramble for the door.

Upon entering the Tipsy Trout you see the place is doing a brisk lunch business. The food in Dorummn's opinion may be poor quality but it is cheap and a good sized crowd of about 15 local dock workers and fishermen have gathered for their mid-day meal. Three servers work the room but Rissa isn't one of them. The bartender is the same man from the night before and he chats with one customer as he fills a mug for another. The hulking bouncer sits at the end of the bar and he glances up with beady eyes as Borric, Nathan, Sylvain & Zelena enter.

"Sum'thin I c'n do fer you?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric acknowledges the lass's advice for caution with a grunt. He doesn't want Rissa to be guilty either. That romp last night was too much fun.

After entering the tavern and clanking up to the bartender, taking note of the bouncer's reaction at all times in case he is going interject, he asks, the snarl in his tone barely contained, "I am looking for Rissa. Is she coming in to work today? If not where can I find her?"

The fighter is looking around shrewdly for anyone that is reacting suspiciously to their arrival and questioning. He is also looking for any tells that the bartender is lying when he replies.

Perception (1d20+7=25) & Sense Motive (1d20+10=26)

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: nothing
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
On the way to the tavern, Nathan rifles in his backpack a moment, pulling out a scroll case and verifying its contents. He says nothing more, though, knowing Zelena a much better soul for calming Borric, then deciding the fighter will want his space in the bar.

He stands back, silently, and hopes things don't grow too tense.

[sblock=mini-stats]Note: This version of the statblock includes the headband of Cha in the casting stats.
Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: None
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 45/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Syl follows along, slightly amused at Borric's conundrum. He kept quiet as the warrior starting asking about Rissa at the bar. Hopefully, she wasn't on her shift yet, as he was quite worried for her safety, if she had glad handed from Borric.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 5
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +5
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hand (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 17
  • Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The bouncer slips off his stool and steps back when Borric addresses the bartender instead of him and placidly watches with his beady eyes. His hands twitch as if wanting to curl into fists but he takes no action, instead he seems to rely on direction from the bartender.

The bartender, Qebir, if you remember Rissa's farewell the previous night correctly, acts with a nonchalance that doesn't recognize any sort of need for a hurried response. He places the now full beer in front of his customer who grabs it and slips off to one side away from Borric. He turns to Borric, gives a quick glance to Nathan, Sylvain, and Zelena and places his hands palms down on the bar and leans forward a bit.

"What's between you and Rissa... that's your business, not mine. Understand? She's supposed to be in mid-afternoon but I'd rather not have any trouble in here if I can help it."

The rest of the bar grows quieter as many of the people notice the confrontation, pause their conversations and shift to watch and see what happens. None of which seems overly suspicious.

[sblock=Borric]The bartender is a bit wary, maybe somewhat intimidated by Borric, yet determined not to show it. Borric also gets the sense that the bartender is fed up with Rissa and doesn't want to get involved in any trouble she might have stirred up. He seems to be speaking truthfully.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric eyes are narrowed as the bartender's posturing is not revealing anything helpful.

He replies curtly, "You don't want trouble, answer the question. She works for you, you must know where she lives or can tell me who does."

"You either have a thief in your employ or one frequenting your tavern and robbing customers under your nose. I aim to find out which."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: nothing
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"You either have a thief in your employ or one frequenting your tavern and robbing customers under your nose. I aim to find out which."

"Which ... can only be helpful, really, rooting out bad seeds, don't you think? Always good for business," Nathan adds, glancing to Zelena to see if she feels the situation needs further defusing.

[sblock=ooc]Diplomacy. If Zelena decided to jump in, I'd make this an Aid roll, though it seems decent on its own:

Diplomacy (Aid?) (1d20+8=22)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Note: This version of the statblock includes the headband of Cha in the casting stats.
Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: None
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 45/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena lets the scene play out but seems poised to jump in. She looks to Nathan with a nod and says quietly to him, "You help Borric with getting the information, I will tend to the crowd."

Zelena moves and easily hops up onto a chair and then a table... "Good afternoon everyone. We apologize for the disturbance. To compensate you for such, I would like to add a complementary performance to your meal." The gnome then starts with an upbeat and funny tune of the River Boat Buffoon.

When the reaction is only mediocre she apologizes and asks for a cup of water and after a few sips starts onto a different tact, of a light heartened song to waste an afternoon away.

((Take 10 on Acrobatic checks to jump up on the chair and then the table... 10+8=18 x2. Perform check 1d20+10=11 2nd song... 1d20+10=15 ))

GlassEye

Adventurer
The crowd, intent on the incident occurring at the bar, seem more annoyed when Zelena begins to sing than entertained. A pair of hecklers near the front of the tavern and the opposite side of the room from the bar blow raspberries at the gnome. One flicks a copper piece at her that whizzes past and clips her on the ear leaving it stinging.

"Shut up, ya oaf!" says a bargeman as he deliberately jostles the heckler.

Zelena's second attempt is better received: even the hecklers quite down though the crowd still seems more interested in the drama unfolding at the bar...

Qebir's mouth tightens into a disapproving line, his eyes narrow and his spine stiffens as he stands a little taller.

"So you got robbed? Can't say I'm surprised the way you were flashing your money around like you owned the place. But then you come in here and accuse my employees and patrons of thievery? You got a problem then report it to the guard. You're not welcome here; now get out."

The bouncer tenses and clenches one hand causing his knuckles to crack and pop.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases