[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan sighs, then shrugs.

"I know you didn't want to make official trouble, Borric, but looks like the good proprietor's not interested in a private solution. Come on, that watch commander from yesterday did tell us he owed us a favor after we brought in those ruffians. Guess we'll have to call that marker in," he says.

[sblock=ooc]Taking 10 on a dual Bluff check (23), trying to use both the normal Bluff vs. the bartender to convince him we have some guard in our debt (an overstatement, but 'based on actual events,' as it were, so should be relatively believable), and the 'secret messages' element to let Nathan's party members know he's pulling the bluff so they can choose to go along (aid?) or not. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Note: This version of the statblock includes the headband of Cha in the casting stats.
Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: None
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 45/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
As Zelena finishes she is rather annoyed... and moves to the side of her companions and nods to Nathan, "You bet. I guess if folks want an investigation into this place then they want an investigation... I hear the Greyscales are unpleasant."

(( Bluff (Aid) 1d20+10=13 ))

She looks at the bouncer and shakes her head, "I doubt you have the muscle my friend. He'd," he motions to Borric, "Take you down before you know what hit you. And right now I know he does not seem to care much how it would happen." She shurgs, "Just saying... Do not starts something you will not be able to finish."

"C'mon all... it would seem that this establishment is not fit for a traveler's taste... " she comments as she moves to the door where she will wait for the others to depart.

Gerald007

First Post
"Let's get out of here gang. We've been kicked out of better establishments than this, Borric. We can take care of our business and get back to here check in with Rissa later."

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 5
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +5
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hand (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 17
  • Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

OOC: BTW, Heading out of town tomorrow for three days. With Easter the day after, I could be sparse until 9 Apr.
Borric remarks, "Sure, we call them in here. It is the least they can do to shut down this den of thieves."

"Once word gets out that people with money get robbed in here, business is sure to be booming."
He finishes with sarcasm.

Not content to rely totally on Nathan's ruse, the fighter snarls, "Or, you can simply tell me where to find the wench like I asked. Why you keep poking a armed bear with a stick is beyond me. So go head, keep being a stubborn arse. You must be stupid to provoke a bull in a china shop."

"And, if your bouncer even thinks about starting something, he will end up in the morgue. Tell him to stay down cuz I ain't fookin' playing around."

Bluff Aid Another (1d20-1=10) & Intimidate (1d20+6=18)

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: nothing
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
The bouncer bristles but with no signal from the bartender he only stands there glaring.

The crowd is less subdued. Their watchful whisperings turn into angry mutterings as they watch the proprietors of their favorite watering hole bullied by the armored outsider. Four men at a table near the door push back their benches and stand, ready to come to the defense of Qebir and his employees. Zelena spies a glint of steel in the hands of at least one of the men.

Qebir, noticing the movement, gives the men a curt shake of his head and holds out one hand palm down in a motion telling them to stay put. "No need for that," he says to them. "These men are leaving." His hand trembles slightly and when he notices he snatches his hand back and clenches it to stop the tremor.

The bartender turns his attention from Borric to Nathan and Sylvain. "You seem like reasonable men. Explain to your friend, since he doesn't seem to be hearing what I'm telling him, that I will not be bullied. I will not turn Rissa over to your vigilantism. Take this to the guard or I will."

Qebir is interrupted by the door to the 'Trout swinging open. In the brief silence the Grippli innkeep, Dorummn, takes a few hesitant steps into the tavern. Wide-eyed at the palpable tension in the room and wringing his hands he stops and makes a croaking gulp as he struggles to speak.

"Ahm, ah, Master Hawkins? I must speak with you; privately, ahm, if you will."

Gerald007

First Post
Oh no, what now? Syl thinks to himself seeing Dorummn enter the establishment. He waits to hear something, that hopefully will ensure that a scrum doesn't take place in the bar.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 5
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +5
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hand (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 17
  • Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan feels his stomach sink as the nervous grippli enters and asks for a private audience. He decides not to acknowledge it externally, however. Instead, despite what he's certain is a lost cause, he makes one last vain attempt to smooth things over while Borric has his little tete-a-tete with the innkeeper.

"Borric is rough and mean and course and uncouth and ... well, you know, that's maybe enough about Borric," Nathan says. "But all he and all of us ever wanted was, as we said, to talk to the girl and get at the truth. If we didn't go about presenting that in the best light, I apologize; we were assaulted not ten minutes after coming to town, so maybe folks might understand why we're a bit ... reactionary in our responses to problems."

[sblock=mini-stats]Note: This version of the statblock includes the headband of Cha in the casting stats.
Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: None
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 45/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena drags, or attempts to drag borric out, "Let us see what Dorumm has for us."

Once outside, all others willing, move to a side street or allyway with few indivuals and then looks to the Grippli, "What is it Dorumm?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric glares at the bartender, "We will be back."

He shrugs off the Zelena's attempt to drag him out and stomps out ahead of her. Once outside he whirls and snaps at her as well, "Lass, where was your gods be damned silver tongue? Lot of help you were. If I cannot bash in heads to get the money back, someone better get cracking on plan B."

"Maybe you can convince the Guard to get our answers. I seem to remember you can work wonders."

Borric is still cold fury as his anger has no outlet except to snarl and snap as his companions. Through clenched teeth he looks at the frogman, "Speak. I am having a bad day, I hope you have good news."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: nothing
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases