Paizo New Product Announcements

IronWolf

blank
This post about Paizo Publishing's newly announced Pathfinder products Paths of Prestige, Blood of the City, Shattered Star adventure path, and Ultimate Equiment Guide was originally made by IronWolf, and I've promoted it to news article status. - Morrus

Paizo announced several new products yesterday. I think I have most of them, but if I missed one, feel free to add ones I missed.

Paths of Prestige: 30 new prestige classes. "This indispensable 64-page book presents thirty new prestige classes for use in your Pathfinder RPG campaign! Each ten-level prestige classes is tied to a different organization or theme found in the Inner Sea region of Golarion, featuring long-awaited explorations of the Aldori Swordlords, Hellknight Signifers, Paladins of Irori, and the infamous Gray Gardeners! Looking for a way to ride a mastodon into combat? Take some levels in the Mammoth Rider prestige class! Eager to harness the mysteries of ancient wizardy? Delve into the secrets of the Arclords of Nex! Looking for some respect and power for your gunslinger? Join the ranks of Alkenstar's Shield Marshals! These and many more prestige classes await discovery in the pages of Paths of Prestige!"

Pathfinder Tales: Blood of the City by Robin Laws. Set in the streets of Magnimar which pairs nicely with the also announced Adventure Path. "Luma is a cobblestone druid, a canny fighter and spellcaster who can read the chaos of Magnimar's city streets like a scholar reads books. Together, she and her siblings in the powerful Derexhi family form one of the most infamous and effective mercenary companies in the city, solving problems for the city's wealthy elite. Yet despite being the oldest child, Luma gets little respect—perhaps due to her half-elven heritage. When a job gone wrong lands Luma in the fearsome prison called the Hells, it's only the start of Luma's problems. For a new web of bloody power politics is growing in Magnimar, and it may be that those Luma trusts most have become her deadliest enemies... From visionary game designer and author Robin D. Laws comes a new urban fantasy adventure of murder, betrayal, and political intrigue set in the award-winning world of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. 400-page mass market paperback."

Ultimate Equipment Guide: 400 pages of equipment! "Gear up your Pathfinder RPG character in style with this massive 400-page catalog of thousands of magic items, alchemical equipment, weapons, and adventuring gear! Lavishly illustrated with hundreds and hundreds of full-color illustrations and organized in a new easy-to-reference format that groups magic items by “slot,” Ultimate Equipment sorts all magical and mundane equipment released in the hardcover Pathfinder Roleplaying Game line to date with tons and tons of new items to create the most comprehensive treasure resource ever created for the Pathfinder RPG! Perfect for players looking to kit out their characters or Game Masters looking to stock a dungeon with appropriate treasure, Ultimate Equipment is an excellent resource for every Pathfinder RPG campaign!"

Shattered Star Adventure Path From the product page "From the ashes of Thassilon, an ancient power shall rise again! The ancient empire of the runelords may be long dead, yet the legacy of Thassilon continues to haunt the frontier realm of Varisia. With the rise of one runelord only narrowly thwarted, Korvosa reeling after the curse of the Crimson Throne nearly brought the city to its knees, and Riddleport rebuilding after a close call with a falling star, the people of Varisia fear that the greatest threat to their land has yet to play its hand. When agents of the newest Pathfinder Society lodge in Magnimar learn of a fragmented artifact scattered throughout the lands of old Thassilon, it falls to a new band of heroes to step in and gather up the seven fragments of this Shattered Star. For if the greatest prize of Thassilon's first ruler cannot save Varisia... what can? The Shattered Star Adventure Path is a first in Paizo's Adventure Path line—a complete campaign set after the events of previous Adventure Paths. Shattered Star serves as a spiritual sequel to Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne, and Second Darkness alike, yet it delves into a brand new storyline, making it as good as a group's first introduction to Varisia as a return to old stomping grounds. The Shattered Star Adventure Path focuses on the hunt for a sundered artifact, its pieces scattered throughout the land in some of its most dangerous and notorious dungeons—with the exception of the city of Magnimar, every location featured in the Shattered Star Adventure Path is brand new and filled with both dangers and treasures alike!"

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Very glad to see the Ultimate Equipment Guide. I love books like that.

Not so thrilled with the Prestige class book. There are already tons of class options when you throw in the alternate class abilities from the splat books.

From a GM's perspective, that's 30 new class power sets that will need scrutiny when player X wants to bring in their potential game-breaking combo that they've discovered.

And I wish Paizo would get an epic book out already....

IronWolf

blank
Very glad to see the Ultimate Equipment Guide. I love books like that.

Definitely looking forward to this one.

DaveMage said:
Not so thrilled with the Prestige class book. There are already tons of class options when you throw in the alternate class abilities from the splat books.

Agreed. This one makes me a little nervous. I'm already feeling a bit of option overload for my tastes. Seems to have some enthusiastic supporters on the Paizo boards from my brief look over there, so I must be a minority on this one.

I am sort of excited for the Adventure Path as well. Might pick up my AP sub again for that one.

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Really looking forward to Ultimate Equipment, but I have a question. The description says it collects all the items from the hardcover Pathfinder Role Playing line. Does this mean that items from books like the Players Companion won't be included? If d20pfsrd is any indication, there are quite a few of these!

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Paizo could announce that Erik Mona would be going around and stealing customers' dogs and there'd be enthusiastic support on the Paizo boards.

My dog loves Erik Mona more than me anyways, so I'm fine with it.;)

Maybe [MENTION=31216]Bullgrit[/MENTION] can make a T-shirt for this.

Front:
Erik Mona stole my dog and all I got was this T-shirt.

Back:
But I still enthusiastically support him.:D

or

Erik Mona can do no wrong!

or

Erik Mona is Chuck Norris!

:p

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
With the speed the adventure paths are coming I need to speed up the Company of Chaos campaign B-)

Very happy to see a new urban adventure, too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases