Pathfinder 1E Looking for a New Group for Savage Worlds, Pathfinder, maybe others (Portland, OR)

hawaiianbrian

First Post
I'm in a group at the moment and they're great people, but the commute is starting to get to me and I just want some fresh faces. Also, they don't like Savage Worlds. :(

I usually GM, and would be happy to do that again.

Like most gamers, "I like what I like" so here's what I'm looking for:

• Compatible play styles. I prefer adventurous, cinematic games where the GM isn't afraid to let people do some real swashbuckling stuff. When I run d20, I cut out things like attacks of opportunity in order to speed things up and encourage more creative actions instead of feeling trapped and afraid to move/cast a spell/swing on a rope. I fall between "simulationist" and "narrativist" on the GNS scale. I like roleplaying, but not LARPing -- I don't mind talking in character every so often, but am not looking for live theatre. I don't mind using minis, but prefer if some combats can be done with description alone.

• Compatible players. I am a college English teacher and have a family, and prefer gamers who are also professionals.

Also, I'd prefer no smokers, no heavy drinking, no political browbeating (I'm liberal, but don't care if you're not as long as I don't have to endure political discussions), gaming at a table (instead of on couches or something), and a group of about 4 - 6 folks including GM.

• Games! I have my gripes with d20 (the steep power curve, the locked-down and predetermined classes, the Vancian magic system) but still play it. I like Pathfinder and still like d20 Modern. I have certain house rules, so if I ran it, I'd want to use at least some of them. I also really like Savage Worlds, d6, and other more "lite" rules sets. I'm also interested in Green Ronin's Dragon Age, and in Mutants & Masterminds 3e.

I like fantasy (high or low), cyberpunk, cross-genre, pirates, and horror. Mixing is fine. I'd prefer to use a publishd game system instead of someone's homebrew.

• Location. I live in outer SE and would prefer a game in SE Portland or outer areas (Wilsonville, Happy Valley, Oregon City, etc.). I'd also --for now-- need to meet somewhere other than my house (toddler, and all that).

• Times. I can only meet Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday nights from about 6 pm onward.

If anyone has any ongoing games that you feel meet the criteria, and have space for another, please give me a holler.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases