The Walking Dead 2.11 - Judge, Jury, Executioner (spoilers)

The way I choose to look at the "dead people without head wounds not being zombies" is that the infection (curse, plague, evolution?) didn't simultaneously infect every person on the planet at exactly the same moment. Thus, there was a time frame during the initial outbreak that some people became zombies, some people died prior to being infected (in cars trying to escape the reports of zombies/chaos), and some people became infected and have not yet died. As the timeline progressed, almost everyone has now become infected as the plague or whatever has had time to spread.

Just my .02 on how I rationalize the dead people in the cars and such.

This. The writer of the comic is supposedly intentionally unclear about the origins of the virus and how it really works. The point is that I don't think we should assume that it is a writer oversight. Much of it is done to create uncertainty.

NewJeffCT

First Post
This. The writer of the comic is supposedly intentionally unclear about the origins of the virus and how it really works. The point is that I don't think we should assume that it is a writer oversight. Much of it is done to create uncertainty.

I think that is one of the common "themes" of zombie apocalypse dramas - The Night of the Living Dead just happened. There was no real explanation or anything. The dead just suddenly started rising & killing the living. I think Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead were similar as well.

(However, "fast" zombie movies seem to have an explanation - 28 Days Later was the rage virus, while I Am Legend had the K-V virus.)

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Then it's lazy writing.

By all means, don't explain it, but still have guidelines for how it works. Otherwise they're just making it up as they go along with no rhyme or reason which destroys the verisimilitude of the milieu. Consistency is an important part of creating a believable fantasy universe.

Do explanations really make that big a difference?

Two days after, a large UFO was destroyed in space by a Russian "weather satellite", which happened to be equipped with a laser cannon and class 4 nuclear missiles. Approximately six days later, the earth passed beyond the tail of Rhea-M, exactly as predicted. The survivors of the Dixie Boy are still survivors.

catsclaw227

First Post
He pretty clearly has some confusion right now about what life and death mean, and he won't treat his own life, or the lives of others, properly until he works that out.
This I agree with. I also saw another quote about Carl's pale skin when they were talking about what to do with the hostage. I noticed that as well. Carl clearly isn't thinking right. He was recently shot, he see's his father in conflict with Shane, whom he has some (misguided or not) admiration for, he see's a hostage, starts playing around with a gun in a creepy way, almost gets caught and eaten by a zombie, and generally is majorly confused. Even if the parents DID talk to him, he's still react and do screwed up things until his childish mind can straighten things out.

There's dumb and then there's just plain idiotic. Many of the things this group does falls into the latter category. There are things that people just simply wouldn't do in a ZA. At least not people who would survive longer than a day or two. All the reasons given for why they make such mistakes are also reasons why they wouldn't. The more of these just plain idiotic mistakes that they make without repercussions, the less believable I find the series to be.
It's easy to talk about it, even act better-than and condescending, when you are sitting at your computer and playing enworld.

It's something totally different if you were actually there, seeing everyone not only die, but rise again and want to eat you.

Try going to a war-torn Central Africa for a couple of months (like I did) and seeing what hyper-poor, crappy, war-like life is really like EVEN WITHOUT ZOMBIES. People don't think rationally, and normally strong individuals fall apart.

Now if only they'd kill of that retarded little snot kid.
I hope you aren't serious. You must not have children, and maybe that's a good thing.

catsclaw227

First Post
Gosh, I really hope you understand that it's a fictional TV series. Otherwise, I think you need some serious help...
Clearly, I know it's fictional. But in previous threads, you have talked about what you would do if there were a real ZA.

And without further qualification, these things you mentioned sound like, if it was you, you would've spread the virus yourself or kill the kid in a real ZA.

I think it best if you are joking to clarify, since, with plain writing, taken in context with what you have mentioned in the past, without seeing your face, its hard to tell what part is fiction and what part is what you really believe.

People's posts on forums don't sit in a vacuum. Most of the time, they are taken in context with what they have written about in the past, especially more prolific posters like yourself.

Last edited:

Remove ads