The Walking Dead 2.11 - Judge, Jury, Executioner (spoilers) - Page 2





+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 100
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand of Evil View Post
    Think I would have setup a watch post somewhere by now, at least in the trees overlooking the main enterance to the farm.
    They do have a watch - however, I think because of the stress of "The Execution" and it being nighttime, the group was more careless than usual.

    They've made it a point a few times of showing Dale or Andrea on watch (Andrea shot Daryl coming back once while she was on watch)
    Valar Morghulis

 

  • #12
    Quote Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
    They do have a watch - however, I think because of the stress of "The Execution" and it being nighttime, the group was more careless than usual.

    They've made it a point a few times of showing Dale or Andrea on watch (Andrea shot Daryl coming back once while she was on watch)
    True but that is a walker post. Thinking more "known marauders" in the area.
    Signature:
    All I need is minions and I would rule the world.

    Links updated: 2010.Oct.23
    Threads to reference:

    DM ADVICE ---Maps and Other Campaign Resources --

  • #13
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Remus Lupin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,621
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Remus Lupin
    First rule of the zombie apocalypse: Never go wandering off by yourself at dusk.

    But seriously, they should have a rule that no one patrols on their own. Too risky. Also, I think the cattle were Hershels that broke through the fencing. Though it would seem to me that reinstalling the fences would be a priority of your on zombie maintenance duty. If you can manage to corral your cattle, you should be able to keep out your zombies.

    Though I suppose it's good that shirtless walker just got Dale. If he had wandered into the farm at night, the death toll could have gotten a lot higher.
    "On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."


  • #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin View Post
    First rule of the zombie apocalypse: Never go wandering off by yourself at dusk.

    But seriously, they should have a rule that no one patrols on their own. Too risky. Also, I think the cattle were Hershels that broke through the fencing. Though it would seem to me that reinstalling the fences would be a priority of your on zombie maintenance duty. If you can manage to corral your cattle, you should be able to keep out your zombies.

    Though I suppose it's good that shirtless walker just got Dale. If he had wandered into the farm at night, the death toll could have gotten a lot higher.
    yeah - I knew something bad was going to happen to Dale, though I was surprised they killed him off. In the comics - spoiler - Dale survives considerably longer, and has an affair with Andrea, despite their age differences.
    Valar Morghulis

  • #15
    Quote Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
    yeah - I knew something bad was going to happen to Dale, though I was surprised they killed him off. In the comics - spoiler - Dale survives considerably longer, and has an affair with Andrea, despite their age differences.
    He just got his wish...he did not want to live in a Mad Max world, he just forgot he was already there.

    Yep, day-to-day upkeep (guess that was what Odis did) should be checking the fences.
    Signature:
    All I need is minions and I would rule the world.

    Links updated: 2010.Oct.23
    Threads to reference:

    DM ADVICE ---Maps and Other Campaign Resources --

  • #16
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Spatula's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,641

    Ignore Spatula
    I always kinda liked Dale, although he's been an overbearing whiny fool for a big chunk of this season. I wasn't all that sorry to see him go after he spent the entire episode haranguing all the other characters. "Hey Dale, they don't agree with you, why don't you try TALKER LOUDER at them, that will make them change their minds! Or call them names again, that always works."

    And again we have someone wandering off alone and causing trouble as a result. You would think at this point they would be keeping closer tabs on everyone. Especially the kid! Three times this episode he ended up in places he wasn't supposed to be, and got caught twice.

    Do the characters act this foolishly in the comic series?

  • #17
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    Kzach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ringwood
    Posts
    4,232

    Ignore Kzach
    Dale was the only rational person of the group. He is absolutely right, killing the kid is murder, plain and simple. It's not justified in any way, shape or form. Nor is torturing him.

    But walking off in the dark by himself like that was just plain idiotic. And then standing there like a fool and wondering what ate the damn cow?

    I don't know if I can keep watching this series when the level of stupidity of the characters just keeps on rising. It should be called, "The Walking Retards".

  • #18
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Mercutio01's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ocean City, NJ
    Posts
    989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Mercutio01
    I know that dumb characters is a well-established trope of horror, but like @Kzach said, this show seems to have problems with it. It's one thing to have a dumb jock stabbed to death by Jason Voorhees. It's another to have a survivor of the ZA, one who is apparently pretty smart in all other ways, suddenly become an insufferable fool. And the characters this season all seem to be moving in that direction.

  • #19
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Lhorgrim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Danville,KY
    Posts
    527

    Ignore Lhorgrim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Dale was the only rational person of the group. He is absolutely right, killing the kid is murder, plain and simple. It's not justified in any way, shape or form. Nor is torturing him.

    But walking off in the dark by himself like that was just plain idiotic. And then standing there like a fool and wondering what ate the damn cow?

    I don't know if I can keep watching this series when the level of stupidity of the characters just keeps on rising. It should be called, "The Walking Retards".
    I absolutely agree that killing/torturing/etc. Randall is wrong. However, I think letting him go is reckless. I don't really see a good answer to this scenario.

    If he was telling the truth when he said he went to school with Maggie, then he probably would be able to find the farm even if they drive him 20 miles away and cut him loose. If he went to school with Maggie, then he is probably familiar with the area and can find his way back to his group of 30+ heavily armed friends. Maybe they wish to live in peace, but maybe they're a shoot first/take what we want by force/rape squad.

    All we know about them at this point is that the two in the bar made a move on Rick, and then when the rest of the recon group came along they fired blindly into the bar and Randall was in a sniper position trying to pick them off. I could make the case that it was self-defense, but Rick did try to break the engagement with a "you go your way we'll go ours." proposition.

    I am very likely influenced by the comic series in this. The show's plot is different, but if he is connected to Woodbury, then releasing him will be catastrophic..
    Killing monsters and taking their treasure since 1982.

  • #20
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    Kzach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ringwood
    Posts
    4,232

    Ignore Kzach
    I think the best solution is to leave the farm altogether. They now know that there's a rape/murder squad 30+ strong with heavy firepower marauding around the area. It's only a matter of time, no matter what they do with the kid, before the squad finds the farm, even if they're not looking for it in particular, they're still roaming the area looking for just that sort of thing.

    So personally I'd abandon the place. In a ZA there's no such thing as holding your position. That might make sense in a mundane warfare situation, but not in a ZA, especially when you simply don't have the resources to defend yourselves against such a force.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. The Walking Dead - season 3, episode 9: "The Suicide King" (Spoilers Welcome)
      By Richards in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Thursday, 14th February, 2013, 12:13 AM
    2. The Walking Dead 3.7 "When the Dead Come Knocking" (spoiler warning)
      By NewJeffCT in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Saturday, 8th December, 2012, 12:05 AM
    3. The Walking Dead 2.10 - 18 Miles (spoilers)
      By NewJeffCT in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: Wednesday, 29th February, 2012, 12:01 PM
    4. Walking Dead, Season 2, midseason finale (spoilers)
      By NewJeffCT in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 30
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th December, 2011, 05:48 PM
    5. Walking Dead season 2 (spoilers)
      By NewJeffCT in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 57
      Last Post: Wednesday, 23rd November, 2011, 05:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •