Chicago Gameday 31 is 3/17: SIGN UP TO PLAY!

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
As usual, I forget about breakfast. Buzz, please let me have a seat for some coffee and grub. Oh, and conversation and whatnot. I suppose I'll actually talk this time.

EDIT: I already spread the word to the DeKalb Roleplayers Meetup! At least one other member is already attending.

Der Spot

First Post
Anyone nervous about the HiBRiD system...it is more about action than rules...think d20 mixed with FUDGE...d20+1 mod...no limit to the number of actions in a round...a little bit of V: The Series mixed with ass kickin' from the 80s..what is NOT to love?

Theme music that helps you succeed in task rolls? Check out Dillon "Action" Creed...No Problem....

Want a roundhouse kick as powerful as a shotgun? Play Scott "Lone Wolf" Braddock...no problem

Want to jump around like John Carter...The Ninja can do that....2 kilometer jump? With a little help from your team mates...no proooobbbllleeemmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wanna be a hero of cinematic proportions....come and run the gauntlet...and bring your d20!!1

So, crazy idea. I'm not at all opposed to more people joining, but I think there's potential in having only two players. Lots of players can be a crazy action free for all a la the Expendables, but two could be a BUDDY COP MOVIE. Nothing says 80's louder than that. I don't know just what you have in mind for what we'll be doing story-wise, but if it fits at all, I don't think that potential should be ignored.

WebWarlock

First Post
Hey All!

Tim Brannan here, author of Ghosts of Albion and GM for Blight on Game Day.
If anyone has any questions about the game, Ghosts of Albion or Cinematic Unisystem I'll be happy to answer them.

The setting for Ghosts is the early Victorian age (1839 in particular), while Blight takes place in 1847. There is quite a bit of magic thrown around and characters can play magicians, ghosts, vampires, fae or other other-worldly creatures. Of course there is plenty of room for regular humans too.

I have run Blight a few times at Gen Con and it has always been a great time.

Thanks!

Tim

whifflebat

Explorer
Buzz I need to pull Benjamin and myself out of the afternoon Operation Quiet Thunder Laundry RPG game due to St. Patrick day family commits . . . blah blah blah

We will still see you in the morning for Breakfast

buzz

Adventurer
As usual, I forget about breakfast. Buzz, please let me have a seat for some coffee and grub. Oh, and conversation and whatnot. I suppose I'll actually talk this time.

EDIT: I already spread the word to the DeKalb Roleplayers Meetup! At least one other member is already attending.
Added to food!

Thanks for the evangelism, too. :cool:

Buzz I need to pull Benjamin and myself out of the afternoon Operation Quiet Thunder Laundry RPG game due to St. Patrick day family commits . . . blah blah blah

We will still see you in the morning for Breakfast
No sweat, sir. I have removed you and Benjamin from that event.

buzz

Adventurer
I will bump the thread over on the Paizo boards and contact COWSGamers. Can someone contact some of the local meet up groups?
Thanks, William!

I have Gameday 31 listed on the RPGChicago and SW-Suburbs meetup.com groups. I contacted The Chicago area Dungeons & Dragons / RPG Meetup Group, but have not gotten any response from them.

If anyone is a member of other meetup.com groups, by all means, let them know about Gameday 31.

I've also been promoting Gameday 31 on G+, Twitter, RPGGeek.com, RPG.net, PenAndPaperGames.com, Story-Games.com, and the WotC boards.

buzz

Adventurer
And now, a message for our GMs:

If you are considering canceling your event due to few or no player sign-ups, please try to let me know by 7pm Friday, and also tell me the event in which you'd like to play instead.

Otherwise, please come to Gameday 31 prepared to run your event for any walk-ins or emergency cancelations. Please keep in mind that you may still end up playing in an event instead of running yours. It sucks, but it happens! :.-(

Thanks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases