Terra Nova Cancelled

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yup- "almost good" was about the best I could say of it. Still, I was hoping for season 2, given the way season 1 ended.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
I thought it was a bad show, but because I'm desperate for a scifi/fantasy show of any kind, I watched it. I'm not surprised it got cancelled. A show about dinosaurs with no dinosaurs?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well...a show about PEOPLE near dinosaurs...with very few dinosaurs. Even Land of the Lost gave us Grumpy and Dopey every other episode.

Krug

Newshound
Watched it until the third episode. Nothing really distinguished it.

Next up for cancellation.. The River.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
I won't be missing. It was boring. I only watched it like 2 episodes. It felt "plastic". Boring social real-tv-feel. Stupid characters. Coudn't decide if it was for adults, teens or children show. Also, had no story (nothing interesting anyhow) and not really dinosaurs. Wtf.

Sad thing is most scifi/fantasy these days seems to follow the trend.

Jhaelen

First Post
I'm really glad it got cancelled. I _tried_ to watch the first episode but gave up after the first commercial break. Absolutely cringe-worthy.

I already thought it was a stupid premise for a TV show but watched it in the hope, that it would make a modicum of sense; that there would be some feeble attempt of reationalizing why people would choose to travel back in time to an age where dinosaurs were still alive, but alas, there was nothing.

It wasn't even so bad that it was possible to enjoy it somehow, like, say, Army of Darkness.

The pompous musical score quickly became unbearable and the dialogues were well below the average niveau of your typical daily soap.

I didn't even feel the CGI effects were particularly good.

So, ... good riddance!

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Sad thing is most scifi/fantasy these days seems to follow the trend.

Wouldn't it be lovely if we could get a weekly, one hour science fiction (not sci-fi) TV series of high quality that explored the nature of humanity as it conflicts and co-exists alongside technology, ala "Moon"?

It's about as wishful a thought as wanting a Zombie Apocalypse series with intelligent characters.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases