CERAMIC DM March 2012

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Hail and welcome to all for the March, 2012 Ceramic DM competition.

Congratulations to all of our contestants:
@Hellefire
@SteelDraco
@Deuce Traveler
@Piratecat
[MENTION=8964]FickleGM[/MENTION]
@Rune
@Rodrigo Instalindir
@Daeja
@Wild Gazebo
@maxfieldjadenfox
@UselessTriviaMan
@phoamslinger

This thread will house your entires and our judgements.

First things first: SIGN IN CONFIRMATION!
We are opening the competition beginning NOW.
ROUND I: MATCH 1 WILL BEGIN TOMORROW
Friday, March 9, 8am EST

The first two competitors to confirm that start day/time will be paired against each other and delivered their photo elements.

Good luck to everyone!
--Steel Dragons

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Da Rulz
We're keeping it relatively short and sweet and traditional.

1) 72 Hour Time limit. Match 1 will conclude/story must be posted by 8am EST on Monday, March 12.

2) NO EDITING once you've posted your story.

3) No using the pictures as "pictures." They should envision a relevant element of your story.

4) We are not enforcing a word limit. We ask that you shoot for around 2-3,000. These are supposed to be short stories.

5) We are not enforcing any "genre" limitations. If the story fits as something that could be played in an existing RPG of whatever genre, then it's fair game.

6) No arguing with the judges' decisions. We will be happy to discuss our critiques with you, long as you keep it civil. Thanks. ;)

7) Judging will include the following criteria: Writing Style & Skill (spelling, grammar and use of language will be included here among other things); Use of the Photo Elements (did you use them all? how creatively?); and "Personal Enjoyment" (basically, was it an enjoyable read? did we like it?). So you will want to keep those in mind when creating your entries.

Let the games begin!

FickleGM

Explorer
Good luck Phoamslinger! :)

[sblock]As a side bet, how many posts will it take for [MENTION=92511]steeldragons[/MENTION] to get my username right? ;)

EDIT: Anyone who said, "Zero, because he's going to go back and fix them while I'm typing up this witty spoiler block", wins![/sblock]

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
Quick questions: How will the beginning of daylight savings time effect matches that it falls during? (8 AM EST Friday to 8 AM EST Monday is actually only 71 hours.)

Will we even be doing concurrent matches? (If so, I'm ready to go.)

Last edited:

Ready.

My $0.02. It works better for the judges if you stagger things by a day or two. Good judging is hard, and it usually takes a couple/few days to get all the judge feedback for a single match. If you don't stagger things, you end up falling behind quickly. Then you end up reading entries from multiple matchups at the same time, which makes it harder to think of the stories as 'sets of two' and judge accordingly.

Gregor

First Post
Thanks Rodrigo, we're discussing staggering right now. We're just waiting on one of our judges to chime in so we can make a group decision. Stay tuned.

However, the first match is locked and loaded and I take it that both you and Rune are checked in and ready as well?

Thanks,

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases