ENW MMA Fan Club!

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Let's do it!

I discuss MMA on several other sites and each one gives a different perspective as they are within different posting environments. The one posting environment I don't have, is from the 'geeks' perspective.

I know I could probably go to CM, but aside from them smelling like monkey bottoms, I said I'd never go back there and I meant it.

So who's up for making an ENW MMA Fan Club? Or, at the very least, would anyone mind if I posted regular MMA threads like Truth Seeker does with other TV shows? Or alternatively, for Truth Seeker to add MMA to his list of shows that he posts starter threads for?

Kzach

Banned
Banned
What's MMA?

I'm so glad you asked!

MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts. It's a fighting sport with divisions and promotions similar to boxing that incorporates any and all styles of martial arts. There are rules and regulations to keep the fighters safe but other than that, anything goes! Currently the most popular promotion, by a very large margin, is the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship), but there are other televised promotions including Strikeforce, Legacy, Titan, XFC and Bellator.

The UFC also runs a reality TV series called TUF (The Ultimate Fighter). In this series two teams led by two well-known MMA fighters as the coaches, battle it out via form of tournament-like elimination to find who is the best amateur amongst them. The final fight is always done as a main-event with a crowd similar to that of a regular UFC event and the winner becomes that season's "Ultimate Fighter" and wins a 'six-figure contract' where he gets to fight in the UFC.

The next season of TUF starts tomorrow night on Fox cable :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases