What's on your mind?
+ Log in or register to post
Results 1 to 10 of 28
Thread: A Gathering of Kickstarters
Friday, 9th March, 2012, 05:23 PM #1
Time Agent (Lvl 24)
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- Read 20 Reviews
- Blog Entries
ø Ignore Morrus
A Gathering of Kickstarters
Are you currently running an RPG-related Kickstarter project? I've lost track of the many, many such projects ongoing at the moment, so I thought a compilation might be in order.
If you're running (or know of) a Kickstarter project, post it in this thread and I'll edit it into this first (news) post. I'll start off with EN Publishing's own:
- Admiral o'The High Seas - Naval Adventures (Pathfinder, 4E): We're producing a short sourcebook for naval adventures in role-playing games, in particular Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder (and possibly other systems, based on pledges). We'd like your support. Many of the most famous explorers and adventurers of history and fiction traveled by ship, but fantasy role-playing games seldom give much love to the high seas. There are whole realms of aqueous action where players and game masters have to fumble along, and since most gamers don't spend their weekends as corsairs it's not easy to just wing it. We at E.N. Publishing want to sail to the rescue. Our ZEITGEIST adventure path includes a wide variety of naval encounters, and we've developed simplified rules for GMs to handle those scenarios quickly. But there are so many more possible adventures at sea than we can fit into our series, so we'd like to expand the quick-play rules into a short sourcebook for naval gaming, Admiral o' the High Seas.
- 12 for '12 (2.0): Shotguns & Sorcery Novels: This is the second part of Matt Forbeck's 12 for '12 project, a year-long challenge in which he plans to write a novel every month in 2012. He's already used Kickstarter to fund the first trilogy, and now he's onto Wave Two! Shotguns & Sorcery is a fantasy noir setting — think Lord of the Rings written by Raymond Chandler — first developed as a roleplaying game setting back in 2001. It takes place in a massive city ruled over by a Dragon Emperor who protects the people from the ravenous hordes of undead monsters that mass against its walls.
- Illustrating Legend: Legend, a new d20-based tabletop RPG delivers cinematic game play, mechanical elegance, and an ever-increasing host of options for both players and Game Masters. With its “Track and Circle” system of character abilities, it gives access to ample modularity without sacrificing simplicity of play, internal balance or structure. And while Legend is geared toward fantasy gaming, it’s adaptable enough to use for almost any kind of action-adventure role-playing experience. This Kickstarter is for art, leather-bound tomes, and more.
- Mythic Hero: “MH” is a supplement for the HERO System and is a guide to the mythologies of the world for gaming. It describes dozens of mythoi, with character sheets for gods, heroes, monsters, and other mythological beings, as well as information on their cosmologies, magical practices, and more.
- Rusty Axe Games Dungeon Tiles: An RPG gaming aid - at least one 25 tile dungeon pack that the user will receive as a PDF file that they can print on their color printer. The dungeon tiles slide next to each other in a logical and easy to use fashion to quickly build halls and rooms of a wide variety of sizes. Additionally a Dungeon Accessories Token Pack that includes chests, oak doors, stone stairwells, fire pits and other moveable tokens that a Game Master can add to furnish a scene. But that's not all! Also including a Hero Token Pack and a Monster Token Pack so that a Game Master can run a complete table top RPG game.
- Kaiser's Gate for Savage Worlds: Battlefield Press presents Kaisers Gate. This alternate history, genre-blending setting for the Savage Worlds game system presents a fantastic take on World War One - combining the gritty battlefields of the Great War with elements of magical fantasy and horror. Sorcerers of the German Imperial Army - fueled by the magic of red dragons - bulldoze Allied defenses and push deep into France. Heroic griffin riders of the French Air Service fight to free their nation from the daily terror of zeppelin bombing raids. British golems squads fight alongside tanks to turn the tide of battle against the Central Powers. In the darkest days of the war, in desperation, the Kaiser makes a Faustian bargain that unleashes an invasion of legions of creatures from Faerie onto the European continent.
- Monster Stock Art & Minis: A library of stock art for all the creatures in the 3.5 RPG SRD. While the initial goal is 100 images covering the most commonly used 50+ creatures, they'd love to do a much larger set of creatures with added funds. The monster images will be created as mostly 1/4 page (5.5"x4.25" @300dpi) graphics. Some (at least 20% and probably quite a bit more) will be done as full page graphics @300dpi or larger.
- Online d20 Character Maintainer: A subscription-based online service for generating and/or managing 3.5 d20 characters and assisting in play with said characters. This will include rolling attacks, damage, skill checks, saves, spell resistance checks, calculating spell DC, spells per day, everything associated with leveling up, and so forth. The service will also have features that will allow a DM to pull a selection of characters into a group for skill checks, saves, and more. The DM could, for example, make a Perception skill check for the players without their knowledge to notice if they heard something. Free content updates for selected content providers. This will be OGL content. The first planned content will come from Paizo's® books and The Pathfinder Role Playing Game®. Built-in chat functionality between party members and between the DM and party members because, hey, you're already in the application; why should you have to also have the chat client de jour fired up as well? At launch, support for major browsers on Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows. In the future, support for use on Android tablets and the iPad.
- Story Forge - Brainstorming Cards for Storytellers: Story Forge is a deck of 88 cards packed with the elements that all great stories are built from, like dramatic building blocks. Novelists, playwrights, screenwriters and role playing gamers can easily combine them in countless ways to maximize dramatic tension and blast through writer’s block. Start by choosing a spread diagram from the 32 page booklet included with the deck. Each spread is tailored for the type of story you are working on, such as "The Love Story," "Film Noir," "The Crossroads," or "The Train Crash." Next, draw random cards from the deck and place them into the indicated positions that suggest context. Lastly, read the meanings directly from the card faces.
- Random Dungeon Generator as a Dungeon Map: This intricately illustrated 36" by 24" playable dungeon map poster encapsulates the Dungeon Master's Guide's complete rules for generating random dungeons: Appendix A's four pages of charts are rendered into a flowchart WHICH IS ITSELF A DUNGEON. It's like the Platonic dungeon: from it, all other dungeons may be generated. Or maybe it's the Dungeon of Ouroboros. Or maybe it's D&D's missing game board. This Kickstarter ends right before Wizards of the Coast re-releases the First Edition rulebooks, so you should get your new 1e rulebooks and this 1e game poster on around the same day.
- Player's Companion for Adventurer Conqueror King: With the Adventurer Conqueror King System™ Player's Companion, you will get: 6 new character classes, including the dwarven machinist, dwarven spelunker, elven ranger, mystic, priestess, and shaman
144 character generation templates with pre-selected proficiencies, spells, and equipment options to create archetypes such as the Aristocrat Bard, Buccaneer Thief, Gladiator Fighter, or Runecaster Shaman. 100 new spells, including never-before-seen dweomers such as dismember, earth's teeth, and undead legion. A point-based customized class system that lets you create the perfect blend of fighting, thievery, divine, and magical power. The custom class creation rules are 100% backwards compatible with every class in the ACKS core rules and all of the classes in the Player's Companion.
- Dwimmermount: An Old School Fantasy RPG Megadungeon: Since 2009, readers of Grognardia have been tantalized by reports from the exploration of James Maliszewski's sprawling and mysterious mega-dungeon. Inspired by pulp fantasy and science fiction, and originally created as the centerpiece for his home campaign, Dwimmermount has also been an essential vehicle for Grognardia's rediscovery of the roots and potential of roleplaying games past, present, and future. A dozen levels deep, containing hundreds of locations
- Edition Wars, by Gamer Nation Studios: Edition Wars is a fun-filled, tongue-in-check standalone strategy card game for 3-5 players, where you become a Gamemaster slavishly devoted to your edition of the game! In the effort to champion your edition, you will compete to be the first to assemble a complete group of six Gamers. But this simple task is complicated by the fact that the other Gamemasters are trying to steal your Gamers out from under you! You can respond in kind, defend your existing Gamers with the standard attacks of Snark, Blog, and Merch; as well as equip yourself with special gear and toss about instant critical effects, all of which will aid you on your epic quest to edition supremacy! Let the Edition Wars begin...
- Tectonic Craft Studios New Line of War Games Terrain: How many times have you spent all that time personalizing your army, maybe with friends or at a local gaming store, only to fight an epic battle on a plain grass/wasteland board with a few uninspired hills, drab buildings, and a few generic accent pieces? Tectonic Craft Studios is looking to change that. They're looking to start making terrain as a continuous and evolving line of tabletop scenery that can grow with and adapt to a constantly growing and changing war games community. War games need high detail, durable, yet affordable terrain that is easily and intuitively assembled to get it built and on the table.
- School Daze: If you like narrative-driven roleplaying games with light systems, and easy character creation, you'll love School Daze. It's gaming, in a high school setting, and it rocks. High school is a time that everyone remembers. We see it everywhere: in movies, and books, and music. But what we see there isn't real high school, and neither is School Daze. School Daze uses high school as a vehicle to tell fun stories. Stories like you'd see in Saved by the Bell, Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, The Breakfast Club, or Brick. School Daze is high school, but it's high school the way you want it.
- EN World
- has no influence
- on advertisings
- that are displayed by
- Google Adsense
Friday, 9th March, 2012, 05:37 PM #2
Gallant (Lvl 3)
Evil Hat is gearing up for our first official one (we've ridden shotgun on some of Daniel Solis's in the past); it launches March 20th, and is going to be a Spirit of the Century tie-in trilogy of novels (if all goes well). First sneak peek at The Dinocalypse Trilogy, here: dinocalypse Deadly Fredly
Fred Hicks * Evil Hat Productions - http://www.evilhat.com/
Friday, 9th March, 2012, 05:52 PM #3
Guide (Lvl 11)
- Bob Huss
[H]e's dead and poisoned and possibly insane on another plane. It's a very stylish death, but a definitive one. - Piratecat
Friday, 9th March, 2012, 09:33 PM #4
Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)
Battlefield Press is running one for a new Savage Worlds setting:
Kaiser's Gate for Savage Worlds
Does dog-fighting with dragons pique your interest?
How about golem anti-tank squads?
Zombies as weapons of mass destruction?
Then you'll want to check this out...
This alternate history, genre-blending setting for the Savage Worlds game system presents a fantastic take on World War One - combining the gritty battlefields of the Great War with elements of magical fantasy and horror.
Friday, 9th March, 2012, 09:47 PM #5
Guide (Lvl 11)
Thanks for putting this list together!
Monster Stock Art & Minis
Collection of high quality monster stock art. Choose web versions or print quality versions. Also has rewards for laminated cardstock (400+ for $25) & PDF minis. Already funded, but more pledges = more art & variety of minis.
Inkwell Ideas (Cityographer, Hexographer, Dungeonographer, DungeonMorph Dice/Cards, & more):
Saturday, 10th March, 2012, 12:13 AM #6
Enchanter (Lvl 12)
Last edited by MatthewJHanson; Saturday, 10th March, 2012 at 12:17 AM.
In a desperate hour, Drakonheim turned to necromancers to save the city. Now it must live with the consequences. Drakonheim: City of Bones, a systemless setting or any fantasy RPG. Now on Kickstarter.
Saturday, 10th March, 2012, 04:05 AM #7
Novice (Lvl 1)
I just started a new Kickstarter a couple of days ago. It is for creating an online d20 character creator/maintainer. Think of it as an online version of DMGenie or Hero Lab. It is focused on Pathfinder for the initial version. It will have group support for DMs as well.
Online d20 Character Maintainer by Chris Moore — Kickstarter
Saturday, 10th March, 2012, 05:23 AM #8
Lama (Lvl 13)
- Join Date
- Sep 2005
- Moncton NB
- Read 0 Reviews
- Blog Entries
ø Ignore Herobizkit
I think this has already been reported on, but Story Forge is making story-telling cards to help brain storm random adventures.
Story Forge - Brainstorming Cards for Storytellers by B.J. West — Kickstarter
Saturday, 10th March, 2012, 01:17 PM #9
Time Agent (Lvl 24)
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- Read 20 Reviews
- Blog Entries
ø Ignore Morrus
Saturday, 10th March, 2012, 01:59 PM #10
Guide (Lvl 11)
Autarch has six days left on a Kickstarter for the Player's Companion, the first expansion for the Adventurer Conqueror King System which was successfully crowdfunded this summer. The Player's Companion presents new character classes plus templates for quick chargen and guidelines for designing your own classes, plus new spells and (thanks to having met bonus goal #3) guidelines for creating new spells. We're now going for its final bonus goal at $25,000, in which all backers will get a special preview of the Auran Empire campaign setting we'll be Kickstarting later this year.
Autarch is also helping Kickstart James Maliszewski's Dwimmermount: An Old School Fantasy Megadungeon. It's written for Labyrinth Lord, also comes in an Adventurer Conqueror King version (you get both in PDF), but so much of its awesomeness is exploration and sense-of-wonder that I wouldn't hesitate to run it for whatever RPG my group was into. Autarch's partnership with James is a real thrill for me because it was his blog Grognardia more than anything else that showed me the light of the OSR and it's fantastic to see the dungeon that we've been reading about in three years worth of session summaries from his home campaign. If somehow you are not already reading Grognardia but have been hearing that the OSR Kool-Aid is tasty, James is Kool-Aid Man, and backing Dwimmermount gets you access to drafts of his magnum opus right away. At $5 for the entry-level backer reward, the first taste might as well be free, but I should warn you that the $10,000 backer reward is as much temptation as I could dream up after six cups of Kool-Aid on an empty stomach.
Last edited by Tav_Behemoth; Saturday, 10th March, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
Currently Kickstarting Domains at War & playtesting it in an ACKS after-school class.