A Gathering of Kickstarters

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
This is IndieGoGo, not Kickstarter, but Rite Publishing is currently collecting funds for the Martial Arts Guidebook, which is a Pathfinderized supplement based on concepts from the Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords. Rather than new martial adept classes, the goal is to create similar mechanics based on traits, feats, stances, archetypes and specific weapons, including unarmed combat; being available to all PF classes.

I will be doing some development of this for use in Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story, as will Frank Carr for Jade Oath.

N'raac

First Post
Steven Long has one for Mythic Hero, a supplement for Hero.

As a long time Hero supporter, I'm already pledged on this one. I fear it will struggle - the price point is high. Steve has been honest enough to lay out how he came to his pricing goals.

It's also going to be a huge book - how much have we spent as gamers to get 300-400 pages of material? Steve's past work has been very solid, so this will, I expect, be a solid product if it goes ahead.

It will also, I expect, have a lot of use for non-Hero gamers. A discussion on building a pantheon seems pretty useful for any fantasy world-builder, whether in Hero, d20 or otherwise. And all those Mythoi, researched and described, would make it pretty easy to assign domains to Aztec, Hindu or Sumerian (to select just three) deities for a d20 game, campaign or nation. Any Fantasy gamer can likely make use of such a resource.

Check it out - maybe it's a good add for your gaming library!

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Ben Durbin (Wulf Ratbane) of Bad Axe Games got Kickstarter funding for a monster book for Trailblazer/3.5. The book is reportedly in final edits and layout. Occasional artwork has been posted on the Kickstarter page.

Funding was achieved, and is no longer needed. But it's a Kickstarter project still . . .

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases