Are you a board/wargame designer?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You may or may not recall that I was developing a tactical starship combat game called SPACE FIGHT! a year or two back. That process ended when my co-designer and playtester passed away.

I really want to bring it to fruition. The basic game is there, and I think it's a good game. It just needs polishing, and some areas developed.

So I figured a Kickstarter project would be the way forward. But I can't do this on my own (and I honestly don't have the time, either) so I would like to put together a small team (one person, maybe two or three) who can finish the job for me. Folks who know what they're doing, know what needs to be done, and can carry the thing through to completion.

Anyone interested? You'll get paid, of course (I'm not looking for volunteers or charity). There's a crapload of artwork done, counters designed, etc.; and a PDF of the rules in their current state.

If I can find someone to do this, I'll launch a Kickstarter and we'll try to get it funded.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybgCP2k4Tw[/ame]​

Just to clarify - this is more than just finishing off the rules. It's also producing the rule book, sourcing and producing counters, battlemaps, and the box, all using the funds generated by the Kickstarter. So it needs some expertise in actually producing a product, not just writing rules. I'm not expecting to see it in Toys R Us - mail /Internet order is fine, but it needs to be a physical product, not just bytes and bits.

So I'm not looking for someone to critique it. I'm looking for someone to do it. :)

Last edited:

catsclaw227

First Post
You should consider posting at BGG as well. A LOT of regular designers post and are active there. I just had a parley with Chad Jenson, the developer of Combat Commander, Urban Sprawl and Dominant Species.

catsclaw227

First Post
I knew the first post would be "post at X". :D
Well.... that is THE premier Boardgame website, and it is frequented by many designers - professional, semi-professional and amateur. :)

Now, if you were looking to design a new RPG, I know of this awesome site that came out of the 3e previews, has a ton of active, intelligent members, moderation is excellent and because of this has flourished ever since. ;)

Remove ads