Legacy of Death Part IV: Darker than the Absence of Light

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The spirits don't think that devil face is the least bit religious.

Examining the floor, you actually find tracks to some of the archways, which must be somewhat recent.

(see attached. For your convenience I have numbered the archways, tracks, also indicated on the map, lead to 1, 2, 6, 8, and 9)

Attachments

• again the devil.jpg
    again the devil.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 82

dyermaker001

Explorer
"Good point Forge. Let examine this room a little more closely as well."

Nar-Heru examines the demonic face in the floor, searching for more signs of a link to Acerack's tomb. He'll consult the book as necessary. Looking to determine if this is a poor copy or actually related. Perhaps similar magic?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
There isn't just the face. There are also ten mist filled archways.

Returning to the devil...there are three things:

-your magical analysis confirms that there is a sphere of darkness in the mouth...one that would likely be very unpleasent to come into contact with. Much like the sphere of annihilation that infamously resided in the devil mouth in the Tomb, and that you largely avoided.

-A major feature of the face is different...what is it??

-Are those knicks or scrapes about the edge?

Buckthorn

First Post
Is the mist just white, or are there various colors of mist? Can Buckthorn discern from the tracks on the floor which of the archways are getting the most traffic? Also, can he tell from the tracks how recent they are (days, weeks, months, years). Nature / Perception.

kaltfeuer

First Post
Defense

(to DM) There is a circle around the demon face. Is it a raised dais or is it a magical circle?

(to others) (if it's a magical circle) Do we wish to disrupt it?

(general) Didn't we rest just before coming here? I thought we spent the night in a crevace on the tower and used Create Campsite. Or was that before the ethereal howling spirits attacked?

(to others) Should we send Shayera through the mist to investigate? We might learn what's back there... or it could alert something on the other side to come through and attack.

(very quietly at the wizard's ear) What rituals do you have? We have a sense of dark foreboding here. Certain rituals might help. None that we have apply to what we're thinking.

Flaming Bob

First Post
(If the circle's not magic) Lucien closely inspects the demon head, looking for hidden latches, catches and doors. He pays close attention to the scrapes around it, hoping for a clue as to where one might find a batch of ill-hidden jink, or an extra doorway.

(If the circle is magic) The thief pulls a shuriken, spins it across his hand and whispers to Ghen "How 'bout we wake it up at range, eh?"

Either way, he'll look over the face and compare/contrast to the one(s) in the tomb.

EDIT: It's +1 with the Elf nearby, right? I've never had to worry about perception before.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The tracks look relatively recent.

You rested, then ran into the pile of bodies, the grumpy streets and wall, and the big enraged spirit thing by the portal (most you have done in one day in a while).

There is no "magic" circle around it that you know of. Its a dais some inches high.

Speaking of wake-up-something about the face looks different

EDIT: as for the scrapes, some one in metal armor climbing in? Who knows what became of them.

Last edited:

dyermaker001

Explorer
"I think we should rest before we get ourselves into too much more trouble. After, we I can take a look at how one of these poor fellows died, and some other try some other tricks as well."

Magic circle ritual naming all type (-5 to roll).

should have been +12, not minus 5 (17-5). So we are protected from level 14 and lower creatures.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases