Legacy of Death Part IV: Darker than the Absence of Light

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
See attached (click a few times).

Lucian is standing in the "rain" by the platform at the base.

Buckthorn has been pulled right into that seemingly purple rain*. I am assuming Forge (?) is holding the rope.

*Let me guide you...

Attachments

• black well.jpg
    black well.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 60

dyermaker001

Explorer
"What are those? Can you take a closer look before coming back up? I think I saw some ledges along the way as the light was going down. Maybe you can check those out too."

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
DM snickers...Narittude

Rough ledges jut out from the chasm's walls as the necrotic rain falls 70 feet to fill a wide pool. Above the surface of the pool a circular slab of white stone is set with four trapdoors, each one bearing the Devourer's face in dark colors.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Lucian, you take 7 damage (after res.) from standing in the pool, then you climb about 10 feet, (of the 70) when the shadow lashes out! (oh the irony). You take 14 damage (including your resistance/ 41 so far from the black well) and are pulled into the necrotic rain, which is slowing and further damaging.

Up or down?

Last edited:

Buckthorn

First Post
Buckthorn will (risking a caustic comment from Nar-Heru) again approach the ledge and attempt to balance (Acrobatics). "I wonder if there is a way to disable this infernal necrotic rain with those devil's faces... given our past experience with these gruesome visages."

Buckthorn will also attempt to discern any sort of mechanism that trigger or disable on the rain on the devil's faces (Dungeoneering). He wants to see if he can hit something with an arrow that might manipulate the faces (shooting at an eye, a mouth, etc.).

If he has a guess then he will shoot at that. Otherwise, he will attempt to shoot an arrow first at the devil's eye. Then a mouth.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases