Legacy of Death Part IV: Darker than the Absence of Light

Flaming Bob

First Post
A clanking of small metal objects is heard piercing the cold air as a wave of sharp blades is hurled across the chamber.

"Light professor, we need light!"

dyermaker001

Explorer
A light appears on the end of Nar's staff, then a column of flame engulfs the creatures.

Minor Action - Light on end of Staff, range 5.
Move Action - Move back, shift if necessary
Standard action - Scorching Burst

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
dyermakers post didn't happen, yet

Following the instructions of bluer, sprier, undead at the top of the room, (Nar will recognize them as Winter Wights) the now blind zombies below stumble forward in an awkward charge. One falls and actually starts to slide the other way down the steeply slanted floor (towards the opposite side you came in on). Another scrambles over a big rubble pile, some of which also slides away. The third covers the ground, barely.
To the top, the wights manage to make the charge without slipping, but the zombie with them does not, and also slides the wrong way.

(Yes, there are issues with moving around).

Two zombies claw at the Halfling. They have little chance of hitting.

The wights attacking Forge…one does not come close…but one puts his cold claw in a bad, bad place. (55 dmg!).

(you can all go (again in the case of Lucian). you cannot attack what you cant see. click, click, click the map).

Attachments

• Moil Welcomes You1.jpg
    Moil Welcomes You1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

ecayford

First Post
Understandably enraged, Forge bellows his dwarven war cry and unleashes holy hell on the undead.

Uses reactive surge to spend a healing surge. Minor to use form of winter's herald (plus 1 AC, resist 5 cold and difficult terraign within two squares only for enemies. Move to use shielded sides for another plus two to ac and reflex. action point to use come and get it. Standard action to use form of winter's herald attack. He has a free action second wind if he's bloodied again which he'll definately use.

Edit: Come and get it doesn't get the plus 10. Assuming I hit the zombie not next to me, he moves to me. One or two extra form of winter's herald attacks there. Sorry. Assuming I hit whatever ended up next to me they are immobilized, save ends. Miss is immobilized til end of my next turn and half damage.

Plus 21 assumes combat advantage, plus 19 otherwise.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Forge, you wallow in your rage. You pull one zombie to you and hit three of them twice. They shrug off some of your cold damage, but still get hurt, especially the one that you counter-crit. (and there it flies....).

Last edited:

dyermaker001

Explorer
Redux

Nar-Heru taps his staff on the floor and end is awash in magical flames, casting a magical light about the room. A small part of the flame breaks off, and you recognize the form of Spark. Nar-Heru then waves his staff towards the zombies and wights around Forge. "Burn, abominations!" They are engulfed in flames.

Minor - Light (5 sqaures), Minor-Summon Familiar Standard:fire shroud, burst 3, enemies only, ongoing 5 fire on hit.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
You engulf the Winter Wights in fire! They stagger and burn with ghastly howls.

Through the smoke and flame Nar can still see the cold gleam in their eyes, a cold gleam aimed right at him.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Buckthorn fires two arrows into the zombie closest to him while Ghen, who seems slightly distracted, or perhaps disturbed by the dark energies of this place, unleashes sacred flame on the much damaged wight in front of Forge....

Yep, Ghen is pretty out of it. On the other hand, the devastating shots continue, as the halfling sinks an arrow right into the Zombies head.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Lucian follows up with a thrown dagger…he is lucky the magic dagger bothers to return to him at all.

Literally stuck with Forge, the 4 undead continue the battle of Winter. Cold blackfire engulfs the hand of one—mixing with the Nar fire—and again he touches Forge (role 19). The dwarf is dazed and taking ongoing 10 cold and necrotic (so no DR, save ends both), and takes 20 damage (not quite bloodied, but I will trigger the 2ndWind now).

The others look at Nar. But they are still stuck. The other Wight misses, but the two zombies rip into the dwarf with their claws (40 damage, slowed…but wait). One also unleashes the foul breath of Moil. Lucian and Forge are affected (9 damage, Lucian slowed, Forge now immobile). But it looks at Nar.

The other two carefully advance this time, one walking right by Forge.

They move next to Nar.

Forge: Bloodied, Dazed, Ongoing 10, Immobile|-65 hp – 2HS |AP, 2ndWnd, RctSrg, FOWH, FOWHAt, C&GI
Nar: FrShrd
Lucian: Slowed| -9 hp |BlBrg

Wights: one still immobile, one still on fire
Zombie: one still immobile

Please post by Friday morning.

Attachments

• Moil Welcomes You1.jpg
    Moil Welcomes You1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

ecayford

First Post
Forge shakes his head attempting to recover from the unholy unslaught.

Recovering his wits, he unleashes a devastating flurry of cruelly effective strikes, severing ancient sinew and bone, hobbling or completely laying low all his path.

He has his shield ready to block any blockable attack (imm. int. -4 to attack roll). (shielded sides wasn't on my list of actions taken and it wasn't clear if this was taken into account on their attacks. If it wasn't he uses his minor to trigger it now. Prevents flanking combat advantage too btw)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases