Legacy of Death Part IV: Darker than the Absence of Light

Buckthorn

First Post
Buckthorn will follow the party down the stairs to the pit trap, watching for traps and also listening (Perception) for sounds of any creatures stirring.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Forge (and Nar): it is a cruel and wicked axe indeed (+4 reaper's axe). It is a great axe. At least right now.

Lucian: this may remind you, you are carrying some funky arm covers (level 17 skull bracers).

You all head to the pit.

It is pretty familiar....but there is one notable difference:

A shimmering bridge of force covers a 30 foot long and 10 foot deep pit, which has hundreds of sharpened spikes set into its floor.

keep going

Last edited:

dyermaker001

Explorer
"That axe might be worth giving your shield up for until I can transfer the enchantment for you." Nar-Heru taps the force bridge with his staff. Assuming there is no reaction "I think we've established that I shouldn't go first. Do we have enough rope left for the standard procedure?"

ecayford

First Post
Not trusting this bridge in the least, Forge will tie a length of rope to himself (assuming there is enough left) and take a flying leap across. He won't make it all the way but hopefully far enough to finish the crossing with another short hop.

That should get him five squares.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
You make your leap and land short on the glimmering plane of force. It shatters, doing damage, both itself and from the fall (and maybe you hit a spike).

As you lie on the bottom, you realize that a shimmering field is now above you.

ecayford

First Post
Has the rope been cut off? Forge will test the field with another bit of useless junk from the pit or his adventurer's kit. Does it burst into flames or something?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases