[3.5e] Divine/Cosmic Spell Seeds

What if you want an epic spell that deals % damage, like Gravitic Effect? Or one that deals permanent damage, or annihilates Hit Dice? What would the DCs of those sorts of spell seeds be? I'm thinking, since [Energy] Blast, a Divine Ability, deals 10d6 energy damage - just like the Energy seed - Cosmics should be x5 or x6 that and Trans's x30ish...

What do you think? Should "deals permanent damage" be a seed on its own or a factor (x5 cost?) to apply to damaging spells?

Howdy Khisanth! :)

Khisanth the Ancient said:
What if you want an epic spell that deals % damage, like Gravitic Effect? Or one that deals permanent damage, or annihilates Hit Dice? What would the DCs of those sorts of spell seeds be? I'm thinking, since [Energy] Blast, a Divine Ability, deals 10d6 energy damage - just like the Energy seed - Cosmics should be x5 or x6 that and Trans's x30ish...

What do you think? Should "deals permanent damage" be a seed on its own or a factor (x5 cost?) to apply to damaging spells?

Aaargh...3.5 questions. :D

Permanent effects are already in the epic spell system for x5 as I recall. So you should use that.

So I'd just have Cosmics at x5, Transcendentals at x25 and Omnifics at x125. But just be on the look-out for exploits.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases