100 Kickstarter Rewards

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, we may not be able to come up with 100 - but let's see how many we can. I'd like to compile a big list of suggested Kickstarter rewards as a reference for those considering launching an RPG-related Kickstarter project. I'll then put it up on RPG Kickstarters.

I'll start with some of the obvious, easy ones:
  • Mentioned in the credits
  • Access to a private development forum
  • Character or place named after you
  • Autographed copies
  • Creative input
  • Stickers/magnets
  • Invitation to a special event or game

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
  • Special Edition of the Book/PDF
  • Early access to the material
  • All future content/updates/modules
  • Special dice/dice bag
  • Special miniature/token
  • Personal sketch/art by artist of book
  • Combo packs, like book + pdf
  • Threshold crossed: all pledges get upgraded one step
  • Threshold crossed: all pledgers receive dice/dice bag
  • Threshold crossed: all 'preordered' books get upgraded to Special Edition

That's all I can think of off of the top of my head for now.

Tav_Behemoth

First Post
Ones we've done for Adventurer Conqueror King, its Player's Companion, and/or Dwimmermount:

• T-shirts
  • Signed print of cover art
  • Pre-release limited edition printing of product, useful for playtesting
  • Separate booklet of maps
  • The core book for which a supplement is being Kickstarted
  • Hand-bound version of book signed by creators
  • A vinyl mat - this suggestion comes from Dave at Blackwyrm; tactical battlemats are the obvious application but for Dwimmermount we're doing a tracker to record the party's progress through the mega-dungeon and how the situation changes in response
  • You describe a scene, character, etc. which will be illustrated and published in the final book (e.g. this or this)
  • You and one of the artists play a game together and then choose a scene from your adventures to be illustrated in the final book
  • You create one of the characters that will be published as a pre-gen in future modules
  • As above, plus one of the artists does a portrait of the character you created that's published in the final book
  • As above, plus you get the original piece of art
  • As above, plus Sandra Garrity scupts a miniature of your character and chooses an artist to paint it for you
  • As above, plus you get a selection of Dwarven Forge pieces customized to build the dungeon your mini will explore

Ones I thought were awesome in the Random Dungeon Generator as a Dungeon Map Kickstarter:
  • "Monster Manual on a Business Card" business cards, which contain the complete math for creating 4e monsters
  • I will draw the backer or the backer's D&D character into the final version of the poster, being killed by a trap.
  • I will draw the backer or the backer's D&D character into the poster, NOT being killed by a trap.
  • I will print enough copies to give a bundle to EVERY FLGS THAT SELLS THE 1e REPRINTS.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases