Baldur's Gate Countdown Ends... Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition for Summer 2012

Warunsun

First Post
I'm not seeing anything saying there will be a pc version. Perhaps you could enlighten me?
Just a guess here but I am willing to bet that the main work being done is to port this game to the iPad. Since the iPad is new and shiny and makes distribution easy through their App store.

I imagine that a PC version will be released but I doubt it will get as much love as the iPad version. I also doubt it will be released as a traditional boxed game. It is likely to be digital only.

Will Doyle

Explorer
On the face of it, this seems a money grab, plain and simple. If they are merely adding new content it had better be a significant upgrade or it won't be worth my $.

Why bother with this when they could've created a whole new game instead?

I think that's unfair. If an old film is converted to Blu Ray, do you see it as a money grab? I see it as keeping that film alive. Why should computer games be any different? If this release rekindles an old game for new players - on new platforms - why grumble?

3catcircus

Adventurer
I think that's unfair. If an old film is converted to Blu Ray, do you see it as a money grab? I see it as keeping that film alive. Why should computer games be any different? If this release rekindles an old game for new players - on new platforms - why grumble?

I do see something converted to Blu Ray as a money grab. Likewise, the recent re-issue of Phantom Menace in 3D. Keeping the existing version on store shelves is keeping it alive.

As to keeping this specific game alive? GOG.com. $9.99. You get all of BG2. It works on WinXP, Vista, and Win7 (x86 and x64). That is keeping it alive. Likewise, BG1 - $9.99. TotSC included. again, works up through Win7.

Don't like GOG.com? How about if they were to release it to Steam?

My point is - throwing in some new content and making it HD doesn't significantly change the gameplay. And that it what makes BG2 great - the gameplay. Fancy graphics are secondary.

Warunsun

First Post
Hey folks.

Just read that Atari is having a sale and for $5 you get:
Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions
Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions
Planescape: Torment
and
The Temple of Elemental Evil

That is a great price. I already own half of these games and am considering buying it.

Remove ads