Lords of Waterdeep, the newest D&D board game, releases today!‏

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Are you ready to battle your friends for control of a legendary city? Lords of Waterdeep, released today from Wizards of the Coast, is an exciting, Euro-style strategy game that puts you in the role of one of the masked Lords of Waterdeep. Players vie for control and influence over the city by completing quests, purchasing buildings, and more.

Waterdeep, the City of Splendors - the most resplendent jewel in the Forgotten Realms, and a den of political intrigue and shady back-alley dealings. In this game, the players are powerful lords vying for control of this great city. Its treasures and resources are ripe for the taking, and that which cannot be gained through trickery and negotiation must be taken by force!

Lords of Waterdeep is a strategy board game for 2-5 players. You take on the role of one of the masked Lords of Waterdeep, secret rulers of the city. Through your agents, you recruit adventurers to go on quests on your behalf, earning rewards and increasing your influence over the city. Expand the city by purchasing new buildings that open up new actions on the board, and hinder—or help—the other lords by playing Intrigue cards to enact your carefully laid plans.

Key Features Include:
  • An exciting Euro-style board game set in Waterdeep, the greatest city and jewel of the Forgotten Realms.
  • Perfect for 2-5 players, this immersive game casts players as Lords of Waterdeep who hire adventurers to complete quests. Elements of intrigue also add flavor and excitement to the game.
  • A typical game takes about 1 hour to play.

I really enjoyed castle ravenloft and this looks like a great concept for a board game, but generally dont like Eurogames (and this advertises itself as such). Not a dealbreaker, but does anyone know how "eurogamey" it is and in what ways? I liked CR because it wasnt overly abstract, but my experience with eurostyle gam is they tend toward abstract mechanics and formats.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases