Crypt of the Everflame Yes Hollows Last Hope No

ren1999

First Post
Hollow's Last Hope.
Razorcrows MM 273 -- Does this mean Monster Manual? I need to get the stats on this monster if I'm going to continue to module but can't find which book it is in.

Crypt of the Everflame is superior for beginners of Pathfinder such as myself. All low level modules should be written this way with detailed explanations of the rolls and the monster stats.

I noticed something after looking at all the comments online of people searching for the same monster stats. The author of the module doesn't follow standard rules that authors of other modules do. Some use Combat Maneuvers, some don't. Some change the stats of the monsters, others change the functioning of spells. That's creative and cool, but for beginners, it is confusing.

IronWolf

blank
Hollow's Last Hope was a 3.5 module. So you will see many references to the 3.5 way of doing things including monster manuals and such. It also predates CMB/CMD and such as well.

Crypt of the Everflame was written for the Pathfinder RPG, so it will be more inline with the expectation of the Pathfinder RPG.

It is fairly easy in most cases to adapt a 3.5 module on the fly, but for a person new to Pathfinder it could certainly pose more of an issue than for others.

milo

First Post
MM is normally Monster Manual, maybe you are supposed to use the stat block for a Hawk. I have never read that module so I am not sure though.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Yes the module says "MM 273 (hawk)" so you are supposed to use the stats for a Hawk from 3.5 Monster Manual.

As stated earlier this module was written for 3.5, well before the Pathfinder Core Rule Book came out.

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
Yes the module says "MM 273 (hawk)" so you are supposed to use the stats for a Hawk from 3.5 Monster Manual.

As stated earlier this module was written for 3.5, well before the Pathfinder Core Rule Book came out.

If you want the D&D 3.5 statistics, you can find them here : Hawk :: d20srd.org.

If you want to substitute the Pathfinder statistics, you can find them here : Familiar

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases