Halls of Undermountain - What is known?

danir

Explorer
I have seen a new (almost last?) adventure is planned for 4E - Halls of undermountain...
planning on a new short campaign, players want 4e but I don't have time to write adventure- this seems like a very nice crawl....
But What is known on this product?
How many pages? how many sessions? open-ended?

Dice4Hire

First Post
Amazon Blurb
Beneath the streets of Waterdeep, a sinister dungeon awaits adventurers brave enough to face its perils. Created ages ago by the wizard Halaster, the sprawling dungeon is a lair for terrible monsters and ruthless villains. In the dark chambers, they hunger for victims and plot the downfall of those who dwell on the streets above. Who will unravel the twisting labyrinth to reveal its secrets, claim its treasures, and stop the foul machinations of the dungeon’s denizens?

Halls of Undermountain™ is a 96-page hardcover book that presents a ready-to use dungeon detailing over eighty locations. The adventure offers a way for Dungeon Masters participating in the recent D&D Encounters™ season, The Elder Elemental Eye™, to extend the adventure. In addition, this book provides all the ingredients to run a classic dungeon delve, including enticing treasures, deadly traps, a wide assortment of monsters, and two double-sided full-color poster maps.

WOTC Blurb
Halls of Undermountain
D&D Adventure
Shawn Merwin, Matt Sernett
Explore a Dungeon Beset by Peril

Beneath the streets of Waterdeep, a sinister dungeon awaits adventurers brave enough to face its perils. Created ages ago by the wizard Halaster, the sprawling dungeon is a lair for terrible monsters and ruthless villains. In the dark chambers, they hunger for victims and plot the downfall of those who dwell on the streets above. Who will unravel the twisting labyrinth to reveal its secrets, claim its treasures, and stop the foul machinations of the dungeon’s denizens?

Halls of Undermountain presents a ready-to use dungeon detailing over eighty locations. The adventure offers a way for Dungeon Masters participating in the recent D&D Encounters season, The Elder Elemental Eye, to extend the adventure. In addition, this book provides all the ingredients to run a classic dungeon delve, including enticing treasures, deadly traps, a wide assortment of monsters, and two double-sided full-color poster maps.

An adventure for characters of 1st – 5th level.

smerwin29

Reluctant Time Traveler
It is definitely a 4e adventure. It should have enough content for DMs to run many, many play sessions with little prep needed, and there are avenues that help a DM expand the adventure if so desired.

Jack99

Adventurer
It is definitely a 4e adventure. It should have enough content for DMs to run many, many play sessions with little prep needed, and there are avenues that help a DM expand the adventure if so desired.

Weird, could have sworn I saw Matt tweet that it wasn't. Will take your word over my memory though. Thanks for clearing it up.

ggroy

First Post
Weird, could have sworn I saw Matt tweet that it wasn't. Will take your word over my memory though. Thanks for clearing it up.

Are you thinking of the upcoming Menzoberranzan book?

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Product (Menzoberranzan)

It's been confirmed that it will be system neutral.

https://twitter.com/#!/brianrjames/status/163336964341366784
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Rule-of-Three: 02/14/12)

Jools

First Post
In the latest design & development the author describes it at as a boxed set with "monster and object tokens, player hand outs, and miniatures!". I'm guessing I'm the only person who actually read that through to the end :p.

Remove ads