Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 1 - New York City

Gomez

First Post
Chapter 1: New York City

"Amongst my few playmates, I was very unpopular, since I would insist on playing out events in history or acting according to consistent plots.... The children I knew disliked them [and their] romping & shouting puzzled me. I hated mere play & dancing about....in my relaxations I always desired plot."
-H.P. Lovecraft, Letters.

Gomez

First Post
The Players:

Donovan Bailey - Curious Inverstigative Reporter played by Insight

Doctor Hercules Malliotte - Beligum Doctor played by Voda Vosa

Timothy Howard - Aspiring Song Writer played by possum

Jeffery Elias - Unempolyed Street Rat played by Strahd_Von_Zarovich

Edward 'Face' Pierson - Stuntman played by Walking Dad

Gomez

First Post
January 12th, 1925
New York City
The Estate of Donovan Bailey
11:45 AM

Donovan sits in the library reading a book on the Egyptian burial practices of the 2nd dynasty. The text is rather dry but the drawings of the tombs and mummies brings it a sense of exotic mystery. The sun shining through the windows bring no warmth as a chill wind whips up the snow on the ground out on the lawn.

"Mister Bailey.." says a small timid voice from the doorway. Turning his head to look, Donovan sees his grey haired cleaning lady, Mrs. Appleton.

Insight

Adventurer
"Mister Bailey.." says a small timid voice from the doorway. Turning his head to look, Donovan sees his grey haired cleaning lady, Mrs. Appleton.

"Yes, Mrs. Appleton?" Donovan says as he spies the cleaning lady. "I'm not in the way again, am I? You know that I do get so engrossed in these books." Donovan puts down the old book and gets to his feet.

Gomez

First Post
"Pardon me for interupting you sir. A boy just dropped this for for you." She say as she hands you an envelop.

Looking at the envelop it looks to be a telegraph. You quickly open and read the note.

World Wide Telegraph Service
Hudson Terminal, 30 Church Street
New York, USA

HAVE INFORMATION CONCERNING CARLYLE EXPEDITION STOP NEED RELIABLE INVESTIGATIVE TEAM STOP ARRIVE JANUARY 15 STOP
SIGNED JACKSON ELIAS

Insight

Adventurer
"Pardon me for interupting you sir. A boy just dropped this for for you." She say as she hands you an envelop.

Looking at the envelop it looks to be a telegraph. You quickly open and read the note.

World Wide Telegraph Service
Hudson Terminal, 30 Church Street
New York, USA

HAVE INFORMATION CONCERNING CARLYLE EXPEDITION STOP NEED RELIABLE INVESTIGATIVE TEAM STOP ARRIVE JANUARY 15 STOP
SIGNED JACKSON ELIAS

"Carlyle expedition, hmm," Donovan says aloud. He looks at Mrs. Appleton. "Oh, ah, nothing to concern yourself with, Mrs. Appleton. It appears that we may have a guest coming in three days." Donovan looks around the study. "Carlyle expedition...?"

Gomez

First Post
You seem to remember something about a New York City playboy named Carlye heading a expedition to Africa and getting themselves killed about 5 or 6 years ago.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases