D&D 5E Who's given up on D&D Next?

Elf Witch

First Post
I don't know how you can give up with having very little information at this point.

I will admit sometimes reading what people want to see discourages me because it is very different than what I want.

But I am willing to keep an open mind and see what they do with the game. If I don't like well nothing changes in my life since I am already not playing a current DnD edition.

I don't know how you can give up with having very little information at this point.

I will admit sometimes reading what people want to see discourages me because it is very different than what I want.

But I am willing to keep an open mind and see what they do with the game. If I don't like well nothing changes in my life since I am already not playing a current DnD edition.

Reading what people want discourages me but not because it is different from what I want but because if WoTC try to please everyone 5e will be a horrible patchwork.

I'm confused how people can be disappointed and giving up on a product that is still quite a way off from being released? :confused:

I can understand complaining about a game once you have seen it and not liked it, but we know almost nothing about the game at the moment, other than it will be a level and class-based fantasy roleplaying game with 6 stats.

Actually, has the level bit been confirmed yet? I'm assuming it will have levels, but has it been confirmed.

Personally I won't be making any decision about the game at least until I have seen it.

I do know that I will almost certainly be buying a copy of the core rules. I didn't do that for 4E as I was completely happy with my 3.5E game and wanted to get more value out of all my 3.5E books.

This time around I'm still happy with my 3.5E game (we just started the Age of Worms AP this week), but I feel like I've got enough value out of my books now to at least take a look at 5E.

Olaf the Stout

outsider

First Post
I guess I wouldn't say I've given up on 5e, but I suspect it probably won't be a game I'll play. Sure, we don't have much for specifics, but their goals so far take D&D in a direction that I find less enjoyable than 4e.

I could still be proven wrong on that, but I find it unlikely. I've played D&D for a long time though, and even if I don't end up playing the next edition, I'll still be curious how it works.

underfoot007ct

First Post

I so agree with you..................

To answer the OP, no I have NOT given up on 5eNext, that would unthinkable since the game barely exists. I am unsure that WOTC can produce the product as promised, yet am very hopeful that they can. I think time will tell, waiting with a unreasonable positive attitude.

Oni

First Post
Why would you give up on the game before the public beta when you could look at it for free and see what the finished product might actually resemble in some fashion instead of just guessing you might not like it from a few vague hints and rumors?

Stormonu

Legend
I think they're going to have a heck of a time getting me to give up the game(s) I already have for 5E, but I am watching.

Until I'm actually in a playtest or have had a chance to skim through the books, I'm not jumping ship.

Mishihari Lord

First Post
I'm thinking maybe I'll wait 'til I've read it to give up on it. Or at least until the game is written, which appears to be a long way off yet.

Actually, what I've seen so far is encouraging.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases