D&D 5E Who's given up on D&D Next?

Ramen

First Post
I'm going to do what I did for the last two editions. I'm going to hope for the best and see what the game looks like when its done.

I heard all the rumors about 3E when it was being developed and thought it would be a good game. So I took a look at the books when they came out and ended up buying them. Some things I liked somethings I disliked. still played it and would play it again.

Then they decided to make 4E and I listened to the rumors and thought it would be a good game. So I took a look at the books and decided not to buy them. It's still a good game but its just not the direction I thought they should take.

I'm going to do the same with 5E and reserve my judgement till I see the books.

I've always felt that D&D isn't a rules system but a way of playing and a few iconic bits that have formed the identity of the game. I've played D&D esque games with a variety of systems and used the different editions to play games that definitely weren't D&D. A game is a game and the more games your willing to play the more chances of finding a group and play.

Honestly, I think the people who claim they're rejecting 5e based on the rumors so far are just posturing for the ENWorld audience.

Everybody's waiting to see the result before deciding, really.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Yes, this is a fantastic idea. 3e had great playtesting, but in my opinion 4e's playtesting was execrable. I'm really glad that 5e is opening up mass testing.

Anyone who writes off the game before they actually play it is making a mistake in my opinion. The game is changing daily, which means that anything we've seen so far should be significantly different in a few months. Who knows what it'll be like?

Remember there will be public playtesting (Though with NDA) in only a week at PaxEast ,and we should get some good info then.

Shemeska

Adventurer
I have no idea what 5e will end up like, and I reserve judgement till I get to read it.

That said, I -am- giving up on Michael Bay's TMNT reboot with burning rage well prior to its release, based on his comments this week. My childhood weeps.

imurphy943

First Post
I'm seeing flaws with the car because the designers want to build another 21st century car, but I want a classic-style muscle. There is a crowd of other people voicing their opinions, and most of them are agreeing with the designers, or wanting it even farther from my ideal. I'm giving up on the game, and I wanted to see if anyone else felt utterly disillusioned. I didn't want to be told how there's still hope, or how I should change my expectations. I'm not going to keep voting on the polls or otherwise giving my feedback because I don't want to try to force myself into a group that seems to have nothing in common with me.

vagabundo

Adventurer
I'm going to wait until I see the final product. If it's not to my taste (or could be made to my taste with a bit of seasoning) 4e is my fallback.

That said I have throttled back on my engagement. I'm a little skeptical about the polls. I'll read the stuff on their blog and rule of three, etc, but I've stopped giving them any weight. I'll just burn out before it is all done.

I'll hopefully get my hands on a play-test soon and can get an idea of what the game will be like, but even then, sure with all the feedback from the huge public playtest it is bound to change a lot.

imurphy943

First Post
I thought I put it in General RPG... could have been moved. I would have to be incredibly trollish to say "you know, I've pretty much given up any hope of agreeing with anyone in that forum" in said forum.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases